Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Laptop can't access shared folders on Windows 2003 Server

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Laptop can't access shared folders on Windows 2003 Server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop on my office LAN that can browse other Windows 10 Computers on my network, but it can't browse my Windows 2003 Server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikeSchumann, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro Laptop can't access shared folders on Windows 2003 Server

I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop on my office LAN that can browse other Windows 10 Computers on my network, but it can't browse my Windows 2003 Server when I type in \\Servername I get an error that the server can't be found. The other Windows 10 Pro Laptops on the network have no problem browsing the shared folders on the Windows 2003 Server.

:)

MikeSchumann, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Unable access share folders from san filesystem volumes in windows server standard 2008,2012. But its working in 2003 servers

We are in 2012 Server.

1. Unable access a shared folder in storenext filesystem volumes. its showing as shared. But in the client side unable to access.

2.Direct lun mounted in the same server. In that volume shared folder. Client side accessing and we can map the folder.

3.Local Drive folders able to share and access in the client side and we can map the folder.

4.In the Windows 2003 os same storenext filesystem volumes are there. we shared the folders. we are able to access from client side and we can mount.

5:Error

Windows 10 Pro Laptop can't access shared folders on Windows 2003 Server 3e6ae8dd-eb8e-409a-a789-7b3ad2f80208?upload=true.jpg

6.Diffrent scenario of problem discription.

[table][tr][td]Storenext Filesystem Volumes mounted on Server OS and Shared folders from this Volume.[/td][td]Client Side.[/td][td]Status[/td][/tr][tr][td]Widnows server 2003[/td][td]Widnows server 2003/2008/2012/XP/7/8.1[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr][tr][td]Windows server 2008/2012[/td][td]Windwos Server 2003/XP[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr][tr][td]Windows server 2008/2012[/td][td]Windows server 2008/2012/Windows Desktop os 7/8.1[/td][td]Not Working[/td][/tr][tr][td]Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 -Local Drives and Direct Luns mounted.[/td][td]Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/XP/7/8.1[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr][/table]

ChandraSekhar898, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Wing P Win User

Windows 10 Pro Laptop can't access shared folders on Windows 2003 Server

Cannot file shared to windows server 2003 using windows 10 build 1703

Hi Rose,

• Did you get any error messages when you try share file? Yes,i got error windows cannot access \\192.168.1.15\public (error code : 0x80004005)
    • Does this happen to all files you want to share or to just specific file only? this happen when i use windows 10 and some windows 7. (but the older computer can access file in windows server 2003).
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? I have check connection with LAN cable working, ping with ip and name server to server it working to.
    any solution for this error?

Thank You.

Regards,

Wing P, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Laptop can't access shared folders on Windows 2003 Server

1. Windows 10 Pro Laptop can't access shared folders on Windows 2003 Server - Similar Threads - Pro Laptop can't

2. Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server: We have a legacy software which has to use a printer shared by a legacy server which is Windows server 2003. The client computer is on Windows 10. We got the error message stating "Operation could not be completed error 0x00000709" when installing the printer every time after...
  3. Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server: We have a legacy software which has to use a printer shared by a legacy server which is Windows server 2003. The client computer is on Windows 10. We got the error message stating "Operation could not be completed error 0x00000709" when installing the printer every time after...
  4. Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 stopped accessing windows 2003 share folder after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 stopped accessing windows 2003 share folder after update: i have one pc which is stopped accessing sharefolder having windows 2003, other windows 10 pc able to access. I have already enabeld smb1 still having problem...
  6. Unable to access shared folders on Windows Home Server

Unable to access shared folders on Windows Home Server: I've just plugged in an old home server that hasn't been used in years, and am able to access the files while remoting into the server, but I cannot access them from my desktop computer itself over the network. When I attempt to open the shared folders on my desktop computer...
  7. can't access Shared folders on windows server 2012

can't access Shared folders on windows server 2012: I make a driver(F:) on our company's windows server2012 pc as shared folder, and in the [advanced security setting] of F driver, I set the shared feature to <Everyone>, and set the authority to groups and some users(with password) premiusly created. The server's address...
  8. Windows 10 machine can't access shared folder

Windows 10 machine can't access shared folder: When I try to map a drive with Windows 10, Windows Explorer doesn't see any of the exported network folders. There is nothing under "Network". Another Windows 10 laptop I have can map these drives so I know the partitions are shared out properly shared and there are no...
  9. Can't access share drive and smb server from windows 10 pro

Can't access share drive and smb server from windows 10 pro: Hi, I have a windows 10 pro, 64-bit system. I'm trying to connect to a share drive which i certain that I have access to. When I tried to map the network drive, it popped up error and showed the error code: 0x80070043. I have the same issue with connecting a share...
  10. Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network

Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network: Dear folk I have my work laptop windows 10 that joined a work domain (not workgroup) and I have my home desktop windows 7 that on workgroup. My user domain been assigned to administrator group When I am at home and from my work laptop I used to access a shared...