Windows 10: Windows 10 pro licence key

Discus and support Windows 10 pro licence key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I need help with activating Win 10. I'm trying to activate my Windows using product key I purchased for my old laptop that just died. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MirsadKajic, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Windows 10 pro licence key

Hi all,

I need help with activating Win 10. I'm trying to activate my Windows using product key I purchased for my old laptop that just died. I purchased new laptop and I'm trying to activate Windows 10 on my new laptop using my old key but I keep getting errors that says that I don't have a valid key. Can you guys help me with my issue? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

:)

MirsadKajic, Dec 23, 2018

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Dec 23, 2018
  3. aradne Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Licence Expiring - looking for help

I have an HP Elitebook Folio 9470m purchased from a private seller about 6 months ago in late September or early October of 2017. Within the last week I have been getting a pop-up saying that the Windows Licence is about to expire.

The seller had Windows 7 Pro running on it when I bought it and there is a Windows 7 Pro product key in the battery compartment. The seller told me that he had been running Windows 10 for a short period, but did not like it and had rolled the laptop back to Windows 7.

When I purchased it, I immediately updated it to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft website. There were no issues and it has been running Windows 10 Pro without any problem for the last 6 months. I do vaguely remember however that when updating to Windows 10, the process seemed just slightly different than when I updated another laptop earlier in the year.

When I checked the Settings>Activation page now, it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service" and not a digital licence as on my other laptop. I had assumed that when updating 6 months ago, I had moved to a digital licence for Windows 10. That doesn't appear to be the case.
    I downloaded the activation download tool in the first post of this thread, but it's not running properly. I can try getting it to run if you think it's necessary, but in the meantime I used Jellybean Keyfinder to look for the current Windows 10 product key. It's different from the one listed in the battery compartment for the original Windows 7 install. Keyfinder also lists the registered owner as HP and gives a blank for registered organization. It also states that Windows 10 Pro was "Installed from Volume Media".

I want to continue to run Windows 10 Pro and I would like to know my options. These are the ones I'm considering.

1. On the Settings>Activation page, go to Change Product Key and enter the Windows 7 Pro key that is listed in the battery compartment. I don't know if that will work or if it might also worsen the situation in some way.

2. Purchase a Windows 10 Pro product key from a UK ebay seller for a nominal cost and enter that product key. The seller has over 2000 highly positive reviews over several years so appears legitimate enough that it's been working for people.
    3. Is there any way to convert to a Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence at this stage?
    I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

aradne, Dec 23, 2018
  4. kps-uk Win User

Windows 10 pro licence key

Reinstalling Windows 10 without a licence key

Hi,

I have a 10 year old laptop which originally was running Windows Vista. Due to the manufacturer date of the laptop, I was entitled to the free upgrade to Windows 7, which I kept until the roll-out of the Windows 10 upgrade. When my laptop upgraded to Windows
    10, I did not pay for the upgrade and did not receive a licence key.

1. If I go to the Windows 10 download tool and select install with the 'keep Nothing during the upgrade' option, will I require a licence key?
    2. Can I build the laptop from scratch if it was originally a Visa machine or will I need to step from Vista to 8.1 to 10?
    Regards

Keith

kps-uk, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 pro licence key

1. Windows 10 pro licence key - Similar Threads - pro licence key

2. Windows licence key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows licence key: Hi guys,I'm having problems activating my license on the PC. I changed motherboard and CPU, and the key that I have doesn't work because of the hardware change. can I do anything about it?...
  3. Windows licence key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows licence key: Hi guys,I'm having problems activating my license on the PC. I changed motherboard and CPU, and the key that I have doesn't work because of the hardware change. can I do anything about it?...
  4. Windows 10 Pro - Licence Deactivation

Windows 10 Pro - Licence Deactivation: I have followed the instructions on this page to try and deactivate my W10Pro Licence on one PC - that I am scrapping - to be able to use it on another. It is a full key and not OEM. The process seemed to work fine, showing the correct prompts at every step. Except that the...
  5. Windows Pro Licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Pro Licence: Hi I am in the process of changing my laptop. My current machine was upgraded to windows 10 Pro. Would it be possible to transfer my Pro licence to my new machine the new machine came with Windows 10 Home...
  6. Windows*10 Pro OEM version Licence Key Validation

Windows*10 Pro OEM version Licence Key Validation: Greeting to all Users here! Guys, I have a question about a license of Windows*10 a bought from an authorized reseller. Before I do that, I'll explain the rest of the story. -A week ago I bought an HP laptop that comes with Windows*10 Home version installed and together...
  7. windows 10 Pro retail licence

windows 10 Pro retail licence: Hi, I wanted to use windows 10 Pro retail license for my business but one of the reseller told me that business can only use volume licensing and using a retail license will be a non compliance. i tried looking up couldn't find any information. can anyone please guide...
  8. Activating Windows 10 pro with a Windows 10 Enterprise licence key

Activating Windows 10 pro with a Windows 10 Enterprise licence key: Hello, I would like help with the error code: 0xc004f074 Unable to activate windows "We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organisation's activation server. Make sure that you're connected to your organisation's network and try...
  9. Windows 10 Pro purchased but reinstalls only home. No licence key or digital licence.

Windows 10 Pro purchased but reinstalls only home. No licence key or digital licence.: I bought Windows 10 Pro 2 years ago and at the time on that computer it worked as an in-situ upgrade without issues. Ive since had to change computers and reinstall and it doesn't seem to exist any more. The windows install is the OEM supplied Win10 home. When i attempt...
  10. windows 10 pro licence key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro licence key: I had a hp elitebook with windows 8 licenced and downloaded the windows 10 pro upgrade which was free and as i understand with this it becomes a digital licence. Now that laptop has gone to pasture and i bought another laptop and used the same windows 10 which i downloaded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro licence key

2. windows 10 pro licence

3. windows 10 pro key digital licence

4. win 10 pro licence key,
  5. windows 10 pro download licence code,
  6. i bought my laptop used from a private seller and now it is prompting me to activate windows 10 when it is already installed..how do i do that?