Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro License - Can it be moved from one system to another?

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro License - Can it be moved from one system to another? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm a system builder and I build a new system periodically. My question is if I purchase Windows 10 and install it on my current system and then at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Vince Lom., Mar 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro License - Can it be moved from one system to another?

I'm a system builder and I build a new system periodically. My question is if I purchase Windows 10 and install it on my current system and then at some point later, I decide to build a new system, am I able to move my Windows 10 Pro license from my old system to the new one that I build?

Thanks.

:)

Vince Lom., Mar 19, 2019
  2. myagkov-a Win User

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Robert_os Win User
    Move windows 10 pro license from virtual machine to physical machine.

I need to move a windows 10 pro license from a virtual machine to a physical machine. The license has been bought as windows 10 pro not upgrade etc. The thing is that the computer (Mac book pro) where the virtual machine used to live is now dead beyond
    repair and to expensive to use. So I want to install windows 10 on a dell laptop now but I cant deactivate the old license on the virtual machine. Any suggestions?

Robert_os, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro License - Can it be moved from one system to another?

Andre Da Costa, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro License - Can it be moved from one system to another?

1. Windows 10 Pro License - Can it be moved from one system to another? - Similar Threads - Pro License moved

2. Moving Windows 10 from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Windows 10 from one drive to another: Here's how my system is setup now. Drive 1: Three partitions. Recovery, EFI system, and C: primary OS Drive 2: Two partitions. Recovery, D: secondary OSBoth C: and D: are Windows 10. Currently in a dual boot setup, it asks me at boot which partition to use. I want to delete...
  3. Moving a Win Pro license to another account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving a Win Pro license to another account: My church bought a PC with Win10 Home on it for use in its sanctuary. They then wanted to upgrade it to Win10 Pro, so I purchased the upgrade using my own personal MSFT account. I'd now like to move this license over to an account that the church owns so that its IT staff...
  4. Move my Windows 10 Pro from one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move my Windows 10 Pro from one hard drive to another?: The long and short of it is I'm currently using a 120GB SSD, and I just bought and installed a 480GB SSD. The goal is to have the 480GB as the primary drive, and the 120GB as a storage + Linux drive. That being said, is there a way that I can simply transfer my Windows OS...
  5. Moving windows 10 license from one bricked laptop to another working laptop

Moving windows 10 license from one bricked laptop to another working laptop: Hi, I had purchased an Acer Nitro V gaming laptop that came with windows 10 home, installed on a 128 GB M2 SATA SSD. This laptop is not powering up due to a fault in its motherboard or so I was told. I am trying to salvage as much I can from this laptop, since its now a...
  6. Windows 10 Pro - Transfer License from one machine to another?

Windows 10 Pro - Transfer License from one machine to another?: So if you look through my post history you'll see that my digital license for Windows Home will no longer activate as I had to replace my motherboard. So I have been forced to purchase a new key, even though I already spent $129.99. So I purchasedWindows 10 Pro from the...
  7. Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD: Good morning, I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on moving the operating system (Windows 10 Pro) from one SSD to another SSD without operating system installation (Windows 10 Pro). I am waiting for an answer from you in this regard !!! Thank you!!! A...
  8. Moving the System partition from one disk to another

Moving the System partition from one disk to another: Hello everybody, I'm having an issue with the setup of my Windows 10 computer. I'm pretty lost right now. A few months ago, I've installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 in disk 0 (SSD). Because I had several work files, during installation I've maintained an old disk also...
  9. Q: Moving license from one PC to another

Q: Moving license from one PC to another: Details pls: 3 yrs ago I purchased Windows 8.1 Pro (Retail !) I reinstalled to have Windows 10 pro.Now I want buying a new PC. Can I move the license to the new PC? If not: Can I add an HDD, and change CPU? Thanks guys :-) 78312
  10. Moving System Disk From One MoBo to Another

Moving System Disk From One MoBo to Another: Hey folks - Yes, I know this is a silly idea, but bear with me please. My current system is an Asus X99-based Rampage V Extreme board, which I'm about to replace. I was fortunate enough to squeak one of NewEgg's latest shipments of the Asus Rampage VI Extreme, so that's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can a windows 10 pro license be moved from one laptop to another