Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro license (non-product key version, bought from the microsoft store) after...

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro license (non-product key version, bought from the microsoft store) after... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So this might be a complex issue: 1. Yesterday, I installed Win 10 Pro as a clean install from using the media creation tool and a bootable USB. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by havoc804, Nov 8, 2019.

1. havoc804 Win User

Windows 10 Pro license (non-product key version, bought from the microsoft store) after...

So this might be a complex issue:

1. Yesterday, I installed Win 10 Pro as a clean install from using the media creation tool and a bootable USB.

I bought a Win 10 Pro license from the Microsoft store after, it does not include a product key, and was linked to my account.

I was logged in with my microsoft account, and after successful purchase, I even had the message "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account".

2. Sadly, shortly after, my hardware failed (I was playing Red Dead Redemption 2 which fired my old GPU).

3. I had to buy a new motherboard, GPU...

4. I was unable to boot Windows 10 with the new hardware, as my SSD RAID 1 was degraded.

5. I reinastalled Windows 10 Pro.

6. Now I am unable to activate Windows 10 again, because it claims I don't have a license linked to my account. I have two devices showing up in my microsoft account, this PC and this PC also, but with the previous hardware.

7. It gets worse, I go to the order history page, and I see my completed purchase or the license, but when I click on the Order I get a page not found / invalid link error.

8. Also in the order history page, under "Digital" tab, I don't see anything, so it's as if I never received the license (even the previous Windows showed that I had it).

9. Even worse, the "Get Help" app gets me to the point where I have to talk to an agent, I choose "Call me back" and after a minute I get the message "Error occured, please try again later". So even the support app is broken Windows 10 Pro license (non-product key version, bought from the microsoft store) after... :D

This is extremely frustrating and there is no direct number to just call, or even good old fashioned email.

:)

havoc804, Nov 8, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win10 Home to W10 Pro Upgrade Error using Product Key

The keys are there because 1. It is the product key you end up with when you gain a digital license for Windows 10 Pro through legitimate means and 2. When you do a clean install of Windows 10 (without adding an ei.cfg file), on a computer with a product key for Windows 10 Home stored in UEFI, you can use the generic product key to upgrade the Windows 10 Home that installs by default to Windows 10 Pro - but only if you have an existing digital license for that computer for Windows 10 Pro previously stored on Microsoft Activation Servers.

The reason the generic Windows10 Pro product key will not upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Pro is because you do not have a preexisting digital license for Pro for that computer stored on Microsoft activation servers.

NavyLCDR, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 PRO bought on Microsoft Store

Yes, you can.

Windows 10 Pro Pack key

When you purchase a Windows 10 Pro Pack using the
    Easy Upgrade
    option in Windows 10 Home, you don’t receive a product key. Instead, the

digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account
    ; used to make the purchase. If you decide to transfer the Windows 10 Pro Pack to another computer, you can do so using the

Activation Troubleshooter

Windows 10 Pro license (non-product key version, bought from the microsoft store) after... go-to-store-474x480.png

Transfer Windows 10 Pro Pack Key to a new Computer
    • Open Settings > Update & security > Activation > Troubleshooter.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft Account used to purchase the Pro Pack license.
    • After troubleshooting is completed, Windows 10 will indicate a digital license for Windows 10 Pro has been found.
    • Click Activate Windows then follow the on-screen wizard.

Windows 10 Pro license (non-product key version, bought from the microsoft store) after... Digital-License-Found-640x400.png

Source:
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/find-your-windows-10-product-key/

Andre Da Costa, Nov 8, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

Windows 10 Pro license (non-product key version, bought from the microsoft store) after...

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 Pro license (non-product key version, bought from the microsoft store) after... [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro license (non-product key version, bought from the microsoft store) after... - Similar Threads - Pro license non

2. bought Windows10 at Microsoft store did not get a product key or digital license or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bought Windows10 at Microsoft store did not get a product key or digital license or...: We are all just lost in the details. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-windows10-at-microsoft-store-did-not-get-a/8974bc7f-222f-4949-91ae-c4f4af8c06c4
  3. bought Windows10 at Microsoft store did not get a product key or digital license or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bought Windows10 at Microsoft store did not get a product key or digital license or...: We are all just lost in the details. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-windows10-at-microsoft-store-did-not-get-a/8974bc7f-222f-4949-91ae-c4f4af8c06c4
  4. bought Windows10 at Microsoft store did not get a product key or digital license or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Product key doesnt work. Just bought it as well, from the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key doesnt work. Just bought it as well, from the microsoft store: Just bought the windows product key and it wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-doesnt-work-just-bought-it-as-well/310e7634-085a-4f2a-a267-fa3daf181a42
  6. Product key doesnt work. Just bought it as well, from the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key doesnt work. Just bought it as well, from the microsoft store: Just bought the windows product key and it wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-doesnt-work-just-bought-it-as-well/310e7634-085a-4f2a-a267-fa3daf181a42
  7. Product key doesnt work. Just bought it as well, from the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Transfer Windows 10 PRO digital license bought from Microsoft Store to new owner.

Transfer Windows 10 PRO digital license bought from Microsoft Store to new owner.: So, I bought a used laptop. Originally, it came with Windows 10 HOME, but the previous owner bought the Windows 10 PRO upgrade for it from the Microsoft Store. That apparently only comes with a digital license tied to the previous owner's Microsoft account. It has no PRO...
  9. Bought Windows 10 Home Product Key to replace expiring Windows 10 Pro license, but its not...

Bought Windows 10 Home Product Key to replace expiring Windows 10 Pro license, but its not...: Hi, I bought a Refurbished laptop from Amazon about 6 months ago. It came with Windows 10 Pro installed on it, but I started getting a message that my Windows license was expiring soon. I discovered the Windows 10 Pro was installed using a KMS volume client, and since it...
  10. How to use/license Windows Pro bought from Store?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to use/license Windows Pro bought from Store?: I have a Huawei laptop that came with Windows 10 Home. I went ahead and bought Windows 10 Pro from the store. However, I don't know how to use the purchase. How do I get my license key as it's not available in the orders page? Screenshot of the purchase with no license key...