Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro license on a dead PC, Windows 10 Home on a new one...transfer license?

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro license on a dead PC, Windows 10 Home on a new one...transfer license? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Completer motherboard failure on an older PC 10 years. Figuring new board, CPU, DDR, etc., getting a Dell XPS 8940 via Costco. Good hardware, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by C.R.Akita, Aug 10, 2021.

1. C.R.Akita Win User

Windows 10 Pro license on a dead PC, Windows 10 Home on a new one...transfer license?

Completer motherboard failure on an older PC 10 years. Figuring new board, CPU, DDR, etc., getting a Dell XPS 8940 via Costco. Good hardware, Windows Home 10. I do have the license information on my old PC Windows 10 Pro. I have a home network using Windows Server Essentials 2012 and would like the new PC to access that. Believe I need Pro for that. The new PC comes with a free upgrade to 11 when that comes out. Don't know if changing the product key would complicate this. Insight and advice appreciated.

:)

C.R.Akita, Aug 10, 2021
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Aug 11, 2021
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Aug 11, 2021
  4. lsylsy1 Win User

Windows 10 Pro license on a dead PC, Windows 10 Home on a new one...transfer license?

Transfer windows 10 Pro license to new build pc

I would like to Transfer windows 10 Pro license from a most dead old PC to new build pc. Teach me how.

lsylsy1, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro license on a dead PC, Windows 10 Home on a new one...transfer license? - Similar Threads - Pro license dead

2. Will my Windows 10 Pro license transfer to a new pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will my Windows 10 Pro license transfer to a new pc?: Hello.I'm planning on buying a new laptop in a few days and leaving this old one to my brother. I'm logged with an outlook account and have Windows 10 Pro. My question is: The new device comes with Windows 10 home installed, so when I get the new device and log in with my...
  3. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop: Hello! A laptop I had, using a retail license of Windows 10 Pro, died a while ago and cannot be repaired - the laptop remained at the seller and he sent a replacement unit which is yet to arrive. Is there any way I can migrate the Pro license to a new machine? Thank you for...
  4. How to Transfer Windows 10 License from a dead pc to a New one

How to Transfer Windows 10 License from a dead pc to a New one: How Can I Transfer my Windows 10 License from my dead pc to a New Computer. The old computer's motherboard cant repair. Can I transfer the license to another PC. I purchased Windows 10 DVD earlier. I have a serial number on it. can I re-use it ?...
  5. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from dead computer to current PC with Windows 10 Home

Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from dead computer to current PC with Windows 10 Home: I had an old PC with a Windows 8.1 Retail License that was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro during the free upgrade window a few years ago. That computer stopped working and rather than spending money on repairing it, I bought a new computer that has Windows 10 Home...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 Home Digital License to New PC

Transfer Windows 10 Home Digital License to New PC: I received my original PC with a retail version of Windows 7 Home Premium that had a product key and when prompted about the free upgrade to Windows 10, I did so (which in turn linked my Microsoft account and License so now I have a digital license of Windows 10 Home) and...
  7. Transfer windows 10 pro license to new Pc

Transfer windows 10 pro license to new Pc: I want to transfer the digital license for windows 10 from surface pro 3 (8.1 pro originally but upgraded to 10 pro) to a new pc (surface pro 6 with windows 10 home). That is , I want to upgrade my new surface pro 3 from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. Can it be done?...
  8. Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one

Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one: My pc died and I'm building a new one now. I was wondering if I could somehow get a free installation for my new pc since I already had a license once. Thing is I can't access my old pc to uninstall if I have to. I had the license since windows 8 and upgraded to windwos 10 if...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC: I upgraded my previous computer to Windows 10 Pro via a digital license purchased from the Windows Store. Unfortunately, that computer was quite literally fried during an electrical storm last month - the technicians who I took it to said it was not cost effective to repair...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 Home OEM license to a new PC

Transfer Windows 10 Home OEM license to a new PC: Hi, I moved my OEM license to my new PC, workes fine, invalidated the old pc activation before. Now I’ve upgraded my old pc, formatted it, and reinstalled Windows 10 without license and I intend to sell it. But everytime it boots up into windows, I see windows picking up a...