Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As per title, my work got a laptop for a staff member which came with windows 11 home, but we need Win 11 pro to set up domain. Does buying and using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KristianAnthon, May 3, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

As per title, my work got a laptop for a staff member which came with windows 11 home, but we need Win 11 pro to set up domain. Does buying and using a Win 10 Pro license in the "settings > activation > change product key" dialog correctly upgrade this windows 11 instance?Wanted to double check as it's a $300 license :Thanks in advance

:)

KristianAnthon, May 3, 2022
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, May 3, 2022
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, May 3, 2022
  4. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

Windows 8 Upgrade Streamlined to 11 Clicks

For those who upgrade between succeeding versions of Microsoft Windows, the upgrade installer can be cumbersome. There are way too many prompts and clicks. Microsoft is working to make the upgrade package of its next major version of Windows, for now referred to as Windows 8, streamlined to as few as 11 clicks. The new installer will be designed to perform most of its tasks without needing user input.

Microsoft will implement a new web-delivery method, where you purchase your Windows 8 license online, and the installer downloads your soft copy to you. It is pre-fed with your 25-character product key. Microsoft's next major Windows release is slated for 2012.

Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro 114b_thm.jpg

Source: Winrumors

btarunr, May 3, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

1. Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro - Similar Threads - Pro license upgrade

2. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License: I have a MS Surface 8 Pro currently running Windows 11 Home. Our service provider purchased a Windows 11 Pro volume license for this computer, but I have not been able to get it to work. I know the license key is valid and still has sufficient licenses for activation. The...
  3. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License: I have a MS Surface 8 Pro currently running Windows 11 Home. Our service provider purchased a Windows 11 Pro volume license for this computer, but I have not been able to get it to work. I know the license key is valid and still has sufficient licenses for activation. The...
  4. Windows 11/10 Home to Pro upgrades

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11/10 Home to Pro upgrades: The customer wanted to upgrade from windows11 home single to windows11 pro. but showing as invalid product key requesting your support in it. and let us know when can we connect and resolve the issue....
  5. Windows 11/10 Home to Pro upgrades

Windows 11/10 Home to Pro upgrades: The customer wanted to upgrade from windows11 home single to windows11 pro. but showing as invalid product key requesting your support in it. and let us know when can we connect and resolve the issue....
  6. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License: Hello,I have a Windows 10 pro license linked digitally with my Microsoft account. My system supports windows 11 and I want to upgrade. I don't see any option to upgrade through the windows update. Do I need to download an ISO from Microsoft? should I choose clean install or...
  7. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License

Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License: Hello,I have a Windows 10 pro license linked digitally with my Microsoft account. My system supports windows 11 and I want to upgrade. I don't see any option to upgrade through the windows update. Do I need to download an ISO from Microsoft? should I choose clean install or...
  8. Windows 11 home to pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home to pro upgrade: I have purchased a product key for pro and I want to upgrade my windows 11 home. When I perform the upgrade, do i need to clean install everything? Or just activatimg the pk will open the added feature?...
  9. Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro: As per title, my work got a laptop for a staff member which came with windows 11 home, but we need Win 11 pro to set up domain. Does buying and using a Win 10 Pro license in the "settings > activation > change product key" dialog correctly upgrade this windows 11...
  10. Windows 11 Home Upgrade to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home Upgrade to Pro: How do I chat with Microsoft directly? I purchased an upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to install, I have a message saying I tried ti activate Windows 11 Enterprise. I am stuck now and need help....