Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Samsung laptop with OEM Windows 10 Home installed originally. I upgraded via MS Store to Windows 10 Pro on this same PC. I used my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dalancas2, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Dalancas2 Win User

Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner

I have a Samsung laptop with OEM Windows 10 Home installed originally. I upgraded via MS Store to Windows 10 Pro on this same PC. I used my Outlook.com ID for install/managing the PC.

I now want to sell the PC. It will be reset to factory, which is Windows 10 Home. How can the Win10 Pro upgrade be provided to the new PC owner, or will the upgrade automatically be downloaded/applied to the PC when the new owner connects to the Internet?

I am removing the device from my Outlook (Microsoft) account. So, it should no longer be tied to me or my account. I want the upgrade license to stay with the PC asset, as my new PC has Pro license.

Thank you

:)

Dalancas2, Nov 6, 2018

2. How do I transfer a Windows 10 Pro license from one computer to another?

The preinstalled Windows 10 Pro license on the Surface Pro 3 is not transferable. It is an OEM license.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner

Andre Da Costa, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner

1. Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner - Similar Threads - Pro license transfer

2. Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop: Hello All,I recently bought a new laptop that comes with Windows 11 home single language pre-installed OEM, I have my old laptop which has windows 10 Pro activated and it's linked to my MS account. I upgraded that from Microsoft store, which is retail license. my old laptop...
  3. Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop: Hello All,I recently bought a new laptop that comes with Windows 11 home single language pre-installed OEM, I have my old laptop which has windows 10 Pro activated and it's linked to my MS account. I upgraded that from Microsoft store, which is retail license. my old laptop...
  4. Transfer Windows 10 PRO digital license bought from Microsoft Store to new owner.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 PRO digital license bought from Microsoft Store to new owner.: So, I bought a used laptop. Originally, it came with Windows 10 HOME, but the previous owner bought the Windows 10 PRO upgrade for it from the Microsoft Store. That apparently only comes with a digital license tied to the previous owner's Microsoft account. It has no PRO...
  5. Windows 10 Pro License -- transferring it to a new machine

Windows 10 Pro License -- transferring it to a new machine: hi Some years ago, I purchased a Surface Pro 4 (SP4). Then upgraded from the Home edition to the Pro edition through the Activation settings. Now I got a new device with Windows 10 Home, and want to sell the SP4. How can I remove my Windows 10 Pro license from the SP4 and...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 Pro License to New Computer

Transfer Windows 10 Pro License to New Computer: Hi, I have a laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 10 Home. Earlier this year, I had to purchase the $99 Windows 10 Pro digital license through Microsoft Store for that computer. I'm pretty sure there is no product key for it, as it's a digital license. It is linked to...
  7. New computer - transfer windows 10 pro license

New computer - transfer windows 10 pro license: I have an Windows 10 Pro license, purchased from Microsoft as a Digital License. It is active on my current PC that originally came with Windows 10 Home. I have purchased a new PC with Windows 10 Home and would like to transfer the Pro license to it, and keep my old PC with...
  8. Selling PC and transferring Windows 10 license to new owner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selling PC and transferring Windows 10 license to new owner: I have an Asus desktop that can with Windows 7 license and took advantage of the free upgrade. From memory I went from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Then upgraded to 10 Pro. I've wiped the PC clean and removed it from my Microsoft account in the device management page of my...
  9. Will Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to new Owner?

Will Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to new Owner?: I have system that I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft OS upgrade process. (The Home license was Retail and not OEM.) So I believe the Pro license is associated to my Microsoft account. I want to sell the system and transfer all rights...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Transfer to new machine/owner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Transfer to new machine/owner: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro Retail (Upgraded from Win 7 Pro Retail) currently installed in desktop I wish to sell. The issue is that the buyer is not interested in purchasing the OS so I will be removing the SSD it is currently installed on. What is the best way to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer windows 10 license to new owner

2. will windows 10 licence transfer to new owner

3. transfer win10 license to new owner