Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Local Account

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Local Account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have read that you can't make a local account anymore is this true? Will I not be able to make a local account if I purchase Windows 10 Pro in stores... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JMatzelle993, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro Local Account

I have read that you can't make a local account anymore is this true? Will I not be able to make a local account if I purchase Windows 10 Pro in stores that come with the USB Stick?

submitted by /u/JMatzelle993
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JMatzelle993, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Pro Local Account :(

Zakin, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro Local Account

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Windows 10 Pro Local Account :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Local Account

1. Windows 10 Pro Local Account - Similar Threads - Pro Local Account

2. Windows 10 pro local account not able to access resources

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pro local account not able to access resources: Hello,I would like to ask for an advise for the windows 10 pro related issue:I made a new installation, have an admin account and with an admin rights, i am able to access all the network resources. However, when i created a new local account for an employee, when logged in...
  3. Windows 11 PRO local accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PRO local accounts: I'm reading that the ability to create local account in Windows 11 PRO is being removed. My company uses Windows to run software connected to the equipment we develop. The system starts Windows and then our software takes over in most cases. Assuming local accounts are being...
  4. Windows 11 PRO local accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PRO local accounts: I'm reading that the ability to create local account in Windows 11 PRO is being removed. My company uses Windows to run software connected to the equipment we develop. The system starts Windows and then our software takes over in most cases. Assuming local accounts are being...
  5. Local Windows Account along side Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Windows Account along side Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Pro: Hello All: My situation is as follows. Trying to set up a local account for gaming to keep it separate from my Org account my org / my rules - I am not trying to install on my employer's PC or anything. I am the owner - self employed. Anywho, trying to just keep things...
  6. upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.: I would like to know what options are available for upgrading my Win 10 Home, with local account, to Win 10 Pro, also with local account,. I'm looking for instructions that are suitable for the device remaining as a local account. Changing the device from a local account...
  7. windows 10 pro local account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro local account.: Hi, I am new to desktop and I`m learning as i go, My question is where did I go WRONG? My windows administration account is active. When I visit account settings everything looks and seems ok, but almost any discussion it tells me I need administrative permission to make...
  8. Microsoft Account vs. Local Account on Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account vs. Local Account on Windows 10 Pro.: Hi all! I have a personal laptop (Thinkpad X1 Carbon) that I used to remote into my work computer while at home. I work from home one day a week, and sometimes on weekends, etc. Ironically I actually work on computers for a living, except that I do data analytics and do not...
  9. Windows 10 Pro USB (Local Account Question)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro USB (Local Account Question): I am going to be purchasing Windows 10 Pro for my new upcoming gaming pc and I have a question will I be able to create a local account? I have read a lot of stuff online about Microsoft hiding this feature and I really don't want to sign up for a Microsoft account since I...
  10. Unable to login to local accounts on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to local accounts on Windows 10 Pro: We just installed a new Dell OptiPlex running Windows 10 Pro and are unable to login to local accounts we create. How does one do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-to-local-accounts-on-windows-10/41fd6876-db76-4a73-8158-7683e29cfc27