Windows 10: Windows 10 pro logs me out every 5 minutes

Discus and support Windows 10 pro logs me out every 5 minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop and it will kick me out to login after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have tried everything to stop this that I can find on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by areseebee, Jul 30, 2019.

1. areseebee Win User

Windows 10 pro logs me out every 5 minutes

I just bought a new laptop and it will kick me out to login after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have tried everything to stop this that I can find on google.

In power plan every single option is set to "never" sleep. In the additional settings I have it set to never turn off display or go to sleep then under the advanced options: sleep after never, system unattended sleep timeout 10000 minutes, Allow hybrid sleep off, hibernate after never, etc.

The screensaver seems to be the buggy part. By default it is set to turn on after 5 minutes and if I increase that number it doesn't save the settings. If I decrease then my computer will sleep according to whatever I set. I've tried some of the online tips about setting group policies or changing it in the registry and this will work to show a larger number in the screen saver box (currently set to 15000 minutes, but 10 minutes also fails), but no matter what it sleeps after 5 minutes.

I've never experienced anything like this with a windows product, the computer is substantially less useful for me if I can't control this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

areseebee, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Artiom Win User

Windows 10 Pro freeze after 5-10 minutes after rebooting

Hi everybody.
    I've installed clean Windows 10 Pro (eMachines e732).
    After 5-10 minutes of work it starts to be irresponsible:

• browser doesn't load pages (infinite loading) but still can create new tabs.
    • start menu doesn't open.
    • windows explorer does not open on 'win+e' key.
    • task manager is not opening.

Please advice how to fix the issue. What details should I provide to investigate the problem?

Artiom, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 pro logs me out every 5 minutes - Similar Threads - pro logs every

2. Audio randomly cuts out for 1 second every 5 - 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly cuts out for 1 second every 5 - 10 minutes: Every time this happens i also get a notification from realtek audio console on windows 10 saying "what audio device did you plug in?" with the options of headphones, mic in, etc. anyone have a solution for this? its really really annoying. submitted by /u/venzo2704...
  3. A Windows error every 5 minutes?

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Windows error every 5 minutes?: hello i get this error every few minutes how can i fix it? [ATTACH] Alle 5 Minuten ein Windows fehler?
  4. BSOD every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every 5 minutes: ***moved on english forum*** Hello guys, I really need your support there, my PC crashes every 5 minutes with BSOD, ive done A LOT OF TEST, tested all my componant, all is good. New new Windows, all driver ok etc... etc... Here is my minidump crash link :...
  5. WiFi Disconnecting Every 5-10 Minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Disconnecting Every 5-10 Minutes: Hello- I have a Dell G7 laptop with windows 10 installed. When I am on my home wireless network, my computer disconnects itself from the network every 5-10 minutes. I have troubleshooted this problem and tried many methods of fixing it. When I do trouble shoot, I always get...
  6. Windows beeps every 5 minutes

Windows beeps every 5 minutes: HP desktop with Windows 10. Recently added SSD and moved Windows to it. Computer seems to be running fine, but every 5 minutes exactly, I get this beeping sound: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnLMwhu33RN2hqxIC33iPYgAdBMM_Q No idea what's causing it. All the diagnostics I've run...
  7. Windows will log you out in 5 minutes - It's not a question, it's a rant.

Windows will log you out in 5 minutes - It's not a question, it's a rant.: I have seen Windows do some annoying things over the decades but this one takes the cake. Windows will log you out in 5 minutes. There is no way to postpone it. There is no way to abort it. You have to click OK on the window because it takes over the screen and you cannot...
  8. Crashing every 5 - 10 minutes

Crashing every 5 - 10 minutes: Can someone help me scan this debug? I'm crashing too often to make much progress. So far I've seen memory fault exception and security kernel BSODs. Edit: And a system service exception just now. + PFN list corrupt 38741
  9. Windows 10 restarts every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 restarts every 5 minutes: Currently using a 2007 Alienware went from windows vista to windows 10 32bit and change the processor core 2 duo 2.33ghz to core 2 extreme 3.0 ghz motherboard xfx nforce 680i sli graphics card geforce 480 gtx 6gb ram installed a 1tb hard drive I'm not sure how to fix...
  10. Windows 10 logs me out and restarts after 5-10 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 logs me out and restarts after 5-10 minutes: So I upgraded to Windows 10 about a week ago, something I was unhappy about. Ever since, my computer restarts and logs me out if I am not actively using a program(I can type or watch a video without this happening, but if my computer is idling it will do this). Is this...