Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Loses Wireless Network After Awakening From Sleep Mode

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Loses Wireless Network After Awakening From Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, My Dell with Windows 10 Pro has just started not being able to locate my home network when being awakened from sleep. After you open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fordman.1966, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro Loses Wireless Network After Awakening From Sleep Mode

Hello,

My Dell with Windows 10 Pro has just started not being able to locate my home network when being awakened from sleep. After you open the laptop and the machine awakens, the globe appears (which it did not ever show the globe before) in the wireless status location. I can open the network window and most of the time it will see my wireless printer but not my router. I can click on my wireless printer tab and "connect with it"......but not proceed with entering a password. I can then back up to available networks and my home network will be there. I can then select connect automatically and it will connect as ususal. If the machine is closed but soes not go to sleep ...it will always reconnect. But after it sleeps I have to go through this each time.......Any ideas?

:)

fordman.1966, Dec 18, 2019
  2. KevDawgHR Win User

Not Awakening from Sleep Mode

My windows 10 computer will not awaken from sleep mode-any suggestions?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

KevDawgHR, Dec 18, 2019
  3. YNK_270 Win User
    Sleep mode awakening with blank screen

After updating my Windows 10 to 1809, if I leave for a few minutes it goes into sleep mode and on awakening the CPU restarts with blank screen. I have to restart to have a display. I reversed to earlier version 1803 and it works fine. Any solution to update
    to 1809? Please help.

YNK_270, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro Loses Wireless Network After Awakening From Sleep Mode

Windows 10 Sleep Mode Disables Networking Hardware after kb3156421

New MSI laptop model GT72S 6QD Dominator G, 1 month old. If I allow kb3156421 to install it disables networking hardware (wired, wireless, bluetooth) after awakening from sleep mode (can't see networking devices anymore in device manager). I have to do
    a power down and turn on to restore (restart does not work). I have tried driver updates, bios updates, and changing power saving options on wireless adapter. Also, tried Windows 10 reinstall (reset). Since I need sleep mode for my business activities,
    I have had to resort to disabling the Windows Update process in order to stop kb3156421 from installing. Otherwise, Windows 10 automatically installs this update and breaks sleep mode as described.

In my view running Windows without the latest security patches is too risky. Looking for a way to install latest security patches without breaking sleep mode.

ProTech72s, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Loses Wireless Network After Awakening From Sleep Mode

1. Windows 10 Pro Loses Wireless Network After Awakening From Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Pro Loses Wireless

2. PC cannot be awakened from sleep after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC cannot be awakened from sleep after Windows 11 upgrade: After Windows 10 to Windows 11 update, PC will not wake from sleep. Power and reset buttons also not functional. I have to manually cycle the PSU to get it back. Oddly enough, sometimes when I do this, the tabs and processes that were open when the PC entered sleep were open...
  3. Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode: I built a new PC for Christmas and installed the latest version of Windows 10. When I place the computer in sleep mode it will awaken after an hour or so. Sometimes it will eventually go back to sleep but then awakens again after thirty minutes or so. How can I stop this from...
  4. Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode: I built a new PC for Christmas and installed the latest version of Windows 10. When I place the computer in sleep mode it will awaken after an hour or so. Sometimes it will eventually go back to sleep but then awakens again after thirty minutes or so. How can I stop this from...
  5. Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Computer awakens from 'Sleep'

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer awakens from 'Sleep': Hello,Recently I have noticed, I put my computer to "sleep" when I go for a long break, like sitting to lunch or coffee break. When I click on the 'sleep' button on the 'power' it goes to 'sleep' (I hear it stopped) When I come back to the computer I hear its working. (By the...
  7. Wifi disconnects after Windows 10 re-awakening from "Sleep" mode

Wifi disconnects after Windows 10 re-awakening from "Sleep" mode: Windows !0 now loses its connection to my wifi router after going to sleep. I then have to go through a "Disconnect/Connect" step to reconnect. Is there a bug in my version(Vers. 1809)?...
  8. Sleep mode awakening with blank screen

Sleep mode awakening with blank screen: After updating my Windows 10 to 1809, if I leave for a few minutes it goes into sleep mode and on awakening the CPU restarts with blank screen. I have to restart to have a display. I reversed to earlier version 1803 and it works fine. Any solution to update to 1809? Please...
  9. Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?: When I take a break from the computer, I click on my Sleep taskbar icon. I guess in my safety paranoiac state, I set things up so that when I awaken the computer, I have to put in my master PW. This has become a PITA and I was wondering if one can set the timing such that the...
  10. hp pavilion not awakening from sleep after upgrading to windowsm10

hp pavilion not awakening from sleep after upgrading to windowsm10: my hp pavilion is not awakening from sleep and cannot shut down completely(.i.e fan and power light is still on after shut down)... after upgrating to windows 10.please help 11189