Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro lost Pro license

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro lost Pro license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hiya. I've got a PC running windows 10 pro here with a windows activation error. It says that it can only find a digital license for Win 10 Home.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Alex Hayden-Gilbert, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro lost Pro license

Hiya.

I've got a PC running windows 10 pro here with a windows activation error.

It says that it can only find a digital license for Win 10 Home. I had previously upgraded it to pro, but i swapped out the hdd for an ssd and it won't reactivate.

How can I reactivate it on Pro?

appreciate the suggestions.

Alex

:)

Alex Hayden-Gilbert, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Leontief Win User

Windows 10 Pro Double License

I have a 2012 Lenovo W530 that lost its ability to handle Duplicate Screens in Windows 10 Pro during the free upgrade period. I liked Windows 10, so I kept using this machine with Windows 10, and I bought a reasonably priced IBM refurbished 2012 Lenovo
    W530 with Windows 7 Pro. This second machine is used for Duplicate Screens in Windows 7 Pro.

I eventually re-installed Windows 7 Pro on the original 2012 Lenovo W530. This was really just to check if Duplicate Screens would still work in Windows 7 Pro, and they did. But, this was after the free upgrade to Windows 10 period had ended. Then later
    I decided that I wanted Windows 10 Pro back for this machine. I did not know about Digital Licenses at the time, so I paid full-price for a brand new copy Windows 10 Pro. This machine once again lost its ability to handle Duplicate Screens in Windows 10
    Pro. But I have kept it with Windows 10, because the other refurbished W530 handles Duplicate Screens in Windows 7 Pro.

The problem is that I actually have two Windows 10 Pro licenses for the original 2012 W530. The first license is the Digital License from the free upgrade period, and the second license is the one that I paid full price for, and have the USB key and product
    code. The machine appears to be running under the purchased license. But, my Microsoft Account does not appear to show both licenses under Devices.

My question is, would it be possible to transfer the purchased license to another machine, and then re-install Windows 10 Pro on the original 2012 W530 using its Digital License from the free upgrade period?

1010::1000

Leontief, Feb 6, 2020
  3. How to replace Windows 10 Pro N license to just Pro?

Will this need a new license ?

my main problem is license

MahdiRahimi1, Feb 6, 2020
  4. nkienitz Win User

Windows 10 Pro lost Pro license

Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?

Just replaced motherboard on my old Dell D830 that I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro last August.

Went through steps on setting up new MOBO and it is up/working just fine.

I happened to run Belarc Advisor just to get a snapshot of data for the file. What is interesting is that Belarc indicates the O/S is Windows 8 Pro (build 9200).

I looked at another recent thread here at TenForums and also took some of the steps suggested and figured that maybe I needed to install or re-install Windows 10. I checked the Update/Security/Activation tab and it indicates that Windows 10 Pro is installed, activated with a digital entitlement.

So ... why does Belarc seem to see only Windows 8 Pro? Maybe because of the "maturity" of the D830? I know that Dell has disclaimers at their site that says the D830 has not been certified for Windows 10.

So, it is working, but the data from Belarc just has me scratching my head.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

nkienitz, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro lost Pro license

1. Windows 10 Pro lost Pro license - Similar Threads - Pro lost Pro

2. Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro License: Dear Team,I am always afraid with the Windows licensing even Microsoft 365 licenses for my customers, Even i checked in my community i could not get any satisfactory reply. Below are my queries please clear.Questions:- 11- What kind of Windows 10 OR Windows 11 License is...
  3. Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro License: Dear Team,I am always afraid with the Windows licensing even Microsoft 365 licenses for my customers, Even i checked in my community i could not get any satisfactory reply. Below are my queries please clear.Questions:- 11- What kind of Windows 10 OR Windows 11 License is...
  4. Lost W10 Pro License

Lost W10 Pro License: I need to reclaim my Windows 10 Professional License. I replaced the hard dirve in my PC and installed the OS to a new Solid State drive, but it loaded as Windows 10 Home. When I originally purchase the Windows 10 Professional for this machine it was an online download and I...
  5. Lost W10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost W10 Pro License: I need to reclaim my Windows 10 Professional License. I replaced the hard dirve in my PC and installed the OS to a new Solid State drive, but it loaded as Windows 10 Home. When I originally purchase the Windows 10 Professional for this machine it was an online download and I...
  6. Lost W10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. The license of Windows 10 Pro.

The license of Windows 10 Pro.: The license of Windows 10 Pro on my laptop is getting over and I know about the code to continue using my Win10Pro but I got a problem: I bought my laptop in another country and I'm not there right now. May be exist other ways for solve this. Please help!...
  8. Windows 10 Pro license

Windows 10 Pro license: Hi, Just bought a Windows 10 Pro and installed it on my Yoga 13... I will be receiving a Yoga 930 on monday and would like to use that license. If not, can I revert back to just Windows 10 on the old laptop and have Windows 10 pro on the new one? Will this be acceptable?...
  9. Windows 10 Pro License

Windows 10 Pro License: My license works on windows 10 1909 and below, but when i use windows 10 2004 my pro license not working and cannot activated with error code ... I forgot what code it is, right now im using windows 1909 and already tried many times upgrade and downgrade but i cannot activate...
  10. Lost Windows 10 PRO License

Lost Windows 10 PRO License: I upgraded windows 10 home, to windows 10 pro, but had to reset my laptop's hard drive. I need to find the windows 10 pro license I purchased to reinstall to my laptop. I cannot figure out where or how the purchase was made. The account I use for office 365 for my business,...