Windows 10: Windows 10 pro low memory error crash

Discus and support Windows 10 pro low memory error crash in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ever since up grading to Windows 10 pro 64 bit I get a low memory error. Once I click ok my system crashes. Memory usage % has never exceded 50% as far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lbprager, Jan 11, 2016.

1. lbprager Win User

Windows 10 pro low memory error crash

Ever since up grading to Windows 10 pro 64 bit I get a low memory error. Once I click ok my system crashes. Memory usage % has never exceded 50% as far as I can tell. After reboot % is only about 22%. Originally I only had 4gb ram with virtual memory set to auto at 4gb. I added 4gb additional ram which in turn upped my virtual memory to 8gb. I have noticed it only happens when I use IE11 with at most 4 pages open; i.e. facebook, news pages or mail. Windows 10 only requires 4gb ram, so with my upgrade of 4gb brings my total to 8gb. If you figure in virtual memory of 8gb I can see no reason for memory to "run low". Any ideas?

:)

lbprager, Jan 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 Low on Memory Warning since Creators update

Hi Erika

I'm afraid that the standard pre-formatted answer you have offered to that question does not explain the reasons for the continuous "Low On Memory" error that people all over the world seem to be receiving since Windows 10
    Creators updated itself.

In my own instance, programs such as Chrome, Microsoft Word or PaintShop Pro have all been crashing on me and our family and returning the low on memory error since the Windows 10 Creators
    update and I never had a problem before it.

My 13 year old son wrote down the times of
    occurrence last evening and had 6 crashes within a 30 minute period!

My computer has 2.5 GB free Ram, plenty of hard drive space and the virtual memory in paging file is set at 1024MB.

If you can, could you please tell us what it really is that Windows 10 Creators does, that uses up so much memory and leads to the occurrence of the Low On Memory error?

regards

Zack

ZackGallagher, Jan 11, 2016
  3. LOW MEMORY

I was rendering a video in premiere pro and it advised me that I have low memory, how do I make space? low memory which is ram not hard drive space.

**moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

JERRYGRANADO, Jan 11, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 pro low memory error crash

1. Windows 10 pro low memory error crash - Similar Threads - pro low memory

2. Low memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low memory: I bought the laptop with 8GB RAM out of which 2GB was already dedicated to the iGPU, so obviously, I would expect the performance of what a 6GB RAM laptop would provide me, but:My laptop barely has any bloatware or a bunch of startup apps, Firefox which I am using right now...
  3. memory low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    memory low: hi microsoft i need help i have low memory on my laptop and have just taken a screenshot of treesizenow i don't want to remove any unnecessary files or folders? so i need suggestions really in what to remove and what not to remove there is a file called something page.sys now...
  4. memory low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    memory low: hi microsoft i need help i have low memory on my laptop and have just taken a screenshot of treesizenow i don't want to remove any unnecessary files or folders? so i need suggestions really in what to remove and what not to remove there is a file called something page.sys now...
  5. memory low

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Running low on memory on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running low on memory on windows 10: Hi, so I created my new gaming PC two months ago. It had no issues until two days ago, when I would be playing a game for several hours and it would randomly crash. Had no idea why, I had ran a memory diagnostics and it came back clean, but the issue kept occurring. Today...
  7. Low memory in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low memory in Windows 10: I am trying to print in microsoft publisher and a warning keeps popping up that says windows memory is low and it says I need to close out other programs but I have nothing else open and I have looked and my memory is at 41%....
  8. low on memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    low on memory: my computer tells me I have low memory but trying free up memory doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-on-memory/0d2b9a02-e861-4815-a0ec-8bc68480ebb8"
  9. Windows 10 Low on Memory - Firefox

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Low on Memory - Firefox: Hi all, There have been "Low on Memory" error messages from Windows since about 3.1, if I remember correctly. However, here we are in mid-2016 and Windows is still 'Low on Memory'. I know the difference between physical memory, page file, swap file, commit, paged,...
  10. Windows is low on memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is low on memory: There's something weird going on with my memory. I haven't updated my computer or anything recently, but yesterday everything was fine, and then this morning when I woke up my computer the start screen displayed yesterday's date and was playing some sort of strange music...