Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Mass Deployments

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Mass Deployments in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; With the new laptops having the Windows 10 Pro key in BIOS, what is can the regular recovery media be used to create a Master Image for mass... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MOSAIC Admin, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro Mass Deployments

With the new laptops having the Windows 10 Pro key in BIOS, what is can the regular recovery media be used to create a Master Image for mass deployment? Will the embedded key work if we replicate the sysprep image to 50 machines? Or do we need a volume-license media and key?

:)

MOSAIC Admin, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Customised Windows 10 deployment on multiple desktops and laptops.

OK, after giving this a thought and thinking how I would do it, here's my suggestion. Please notice that, as I said, this is how I would do it. Other geeks might disagree with parts or all of it.

I tested this scenario using one Hyper-V VM as technician machine (the one to build image) and three virtual machines to test simultaneous deployment in two scenarios:
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine and using DISM to apply / deploy image from a network share
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine, making ISO from it, deploying by clean installing from ISO burned to Flash drive
    Based on the fact that ISO method is clearly faster and simpler, it is what I suggest to you. I estimate you would need an hour and half to two hours to customize install image, capture it and make an ISO, then assuming you would make 5 Flash drives for install / deployment you would need about half an hour per five machines, in other words you would deploy to those 25 new machines in less than three hours, almost a full working day to deploy those 50 existing ones.

Two working days, day 1 to make the image and deploy to new machines, day 2 to deploy to old ones.

Chronological workflow based on my suggestion:

Phase 1, Image customization tutorial, parts One through Six:
    • Install Windows 10 on a technician machine (I recommend Hyper-V VM but any capable PC is OK)
    • Boot to Audit Mode
    • Update Windows, install software, customize & personalize Windows
    • Sysprep
    Phase 2:
    • Capture the install.wim from technician machine as told in this tutorial, Part Four steps 4.1 through 4.5 (physical PC as technician machine) or Part Four steps 4.6 through 4.13 (Hyper-V VM as technician machine)
    • Create ISO as told in same tutorial, Part Five
    • Burn / write ISO to as many Flash drives as you want to / need to for simultaneous installs
    • Boot production machines from Flash drive, install Windows 10
    The above is how I would do this. If you choose the DISM method instead, applying install.wim from a network share, see this Microsoft support article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../hh824910.aspx

For more advanced deployment using MDT see this article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../dn475741.aspx

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Pro Mass Deployments

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Mass Deployments

1. Windows 10 Pro Mass Deployments - Similar Threads - Pro Mass Deployments

2. Deployment windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deployment windows 10: Hello I use deplayment tools toninstall windows 10 on new machine of my company. This time we buy hp tower G7 model and with this model not finish the deplayment process. I used usb installation windows with windows 1021h1 and see after finish the setup the network driver are...
  3. Deployment windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deployment windows 10: Hello I use deplayment tools toninstall windows 10 on new machine of my company. This time we buy hp tower G7 model and with this model not finish the deplayment process. I used usb installation windows with windows 1021h1 and see after finish the setup the network driver are...
  4. Deployment windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Attach icon to url for mass deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attach icon to url for mass deployment: Hi ,I can attach an icon to a url but when copy over to multiple location , the icon does not follow the url shortcut. Is there any solution to have icon follow the url shortcut ?...
  6. Attach icon to url for mass deployment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attach icon to url for mass deployment: Hi ,I can attach an icon to a url but when copy over to multiple location , the icon does not follow the url shortcut. Is there any solution to have icon follow the url shortcut ?...
  7. Attach icon to url for mass deployment

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 mass printing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mass printing: I'm working with a person that needed to print 20-30 small Excel files at a time. I was able to add the right click "Print" feature via the registry hack. (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer) Now when they select 20 files to...
  9. Windows 10 Deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Deployment: Hi guys, I want to migrate windows 7, 8 & 8.1 to windows 10 across 300 PCs through automated process in badges. Please guide me. 37667
  10. Windows 10 Deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Deployment: I wonder if you can help me with deploying Windows 10, I have a few questions; Can I deploy W10 like I currently do via WDS 2008? What software can I use to create a customized W10 DVD that allows me to alter/disable some of the standard initial setup questions? We...