Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro MBR gone

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro MBR gone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Not sure when the damage occurred but today, August 1, 2020, I rebooted, and the boot sectors are not found. Using a Windows 10 usb drive I can select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Richard E.Thornton, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro MBR gone

Not sure when the damage occurred but today, August 1, 2020, I rebooted, and the boot sectors are not found. Using a Windows 10 usb drive I can select the July 31, 2020 restore point, and perform the rollback but it doesnt work. This exact problem happened two years ago on this box; its a 7 year old Dell, otherwise very reliable.

:)

Richard E.Thornton, Aug 1, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro MBR gone

MBR & GPT - Upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

Hi Henry,

I realize that you have queries regarding Windows 10 installation on the computer. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "drives D & E ", are you referring to internal hard disk or external hard disk?

I would like to inform you that when you upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 on system C drive with SSD and MBR format.
    It will remain in same MBR format with SSD and all the old files will be present in Windows.old folder.

Regarding the second question, we will be able to recognize the extra two drive after upgrading to Windows 10.

If you plan to clean install, after upgrading to Windows 10, I suggest you to make sure if Windows 10 is activated or not. Windows 10 should be activated for performing a clean install after the
    upgrade.

Please get back to us with an update on queries regarding Windows 10 upgrade, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro MBR gone

1. Windows 10 Pro MBR gone - Similar Threads - Pro MBR gone

2. was on windows 11 went to windows 10 pro key is gone

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    was on windows 11 went to windows 10 pro key is gone: so i decided to go to windows 10 pro instead of staying on windows 11. I created a Create Windows 10 installation media and plug my usb drive into my pc and then when i went to windows 10 pro my key was gone and i have to buy a new one now....
  3. was on windows 11 went to windows 10 pro key is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    was on windows 11 went to windows 10 pro key is gone: so i decided to go to windows 10 pro instead of staying on windows 11. I created a Create Windows 10 installation media and plug my usb drive into my pc and then when i went to windows 10 pro my key was gone and i have to buy a new one now....
  4. SSD, windows 10, and MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD, windows 10, and MBR: So recently i built a new computer and have an SSD with a win 10 install on it, as well as 3 other HDDs one with 4tb Unallocated, another 4tb that is already partitioned with gPT, and one with 1 tb. However the same thing always happens, even if that 4tb is completely...
  5. windows 10 pro GONE after BIOS update

windows 10 pro GONE after BIOS update: I was having issues with my laptop, which was purchased Sept 2019. Product is an MSI Modern 14, purchased from neweggbusiness. I purchased the product with windows 10 pro preinstalled. When the BIOS was updated, it began running Windows 10 Home edition. I contacted MSI as...
  6. Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade Gone Wrong

Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade Gone Wrong: Upgrade edition of Windows via the Windows store to Pro. Got a confirmation email with no activation key. Windows will not activate. I've done no hardware changes or re-installs, this is just a version upgrade. I did notice Windows thinks it's running the Enterprise...
  7. Fix Windows 10 MBR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix Windows 10 MBR: Windows 10 MBR is broken! I tried reinstalling the operating system but no work. It always shows: 0xc000000e (winload.efi). I tried these commands with the command prompt built in with the installation media: bootrec /fixmbr bootrec /fixboot bootrec /RebuildBcd Although...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Update Notifications Gone

Windows 10 Pro Update Notifications Gone: A long time ago I followed some instructions using gpedit.msc so that I was always asked before updating as I didn't want an update to interrupt me mid work without warning. It was great, even though I pretty much got a notification to update my virus protection every time...
  9. Windows 10, and MBR?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, and MBR?: Hi I was just reading a post on another forum. It was said that you can't install Windows 10 on a disk that has a Master Boot Record. That because it uses a GBR you have to remove all of the partitions and change the boot manager before you install it....
  10. Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT

Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT: I,m sorry if this has been posted before . I managed to secure erase my Samsung evo 850 m.2 250GB SSD then reinstalled windows using the official Microsoft tool . I don't know how but the disc is now MBR so wont allow me to use secure boot UEFI . I understand that the disc...