Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - Migrate profiles to a new domain

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - Migrate profiles to a new domain in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, We are thinking in create a new domain for our enterprise. Our desktops (Windows 7 and Windows 10 Pro) are joined to the actual domain. Migrate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mgarfea, Mar 21, 2019.

1. mgarfea Win User

Windows 10 Pro - Migrate profiles to a new domain

Hi,

We are thinking in create a new domain for our enterprise. Our desktops (Windows 7 and Windows 10 Pro) are joined to the actual domain.

Migrate user, computer and groups from Active Directory Users and Computers is easy. But, how can we migrate desktop profiles? As ADMT seems that doesn't works with Windows 10, anybody knows a procedure to do it?

Thanks!!

:)

mgarfea, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

3. Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how to migrate a local profile to a domain profile without software? I have some Windows 10 computers that are setup as workgroups, but we need to move them to the company domain. I want to ensure that users don't lose their files, settings, etc. Thanks in advance.

Shay

orthompson, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro - Migrate profiles to a new domain

Migrating from a domain to a new domain

My company is migrating from a domain to another.

The process I do for migration is, add a new domain manually without putting it in a workgroup and joining in the new domain.

Is there any possibility of getting any issue after migration?

mabdulmoez, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro - Migrate profiles to a new domain

1. Windows 10 Pro - Migrate profiles to a new domain - Similar Threads - Pro Migrate profiles

2. upgrade windows 10 pro to windows 11 - domain user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade windows 10 pro to windows 11 - domain user profile: Good morning everyone, I'm trying to upgrade from windows 10 pro to 11 pro. the pc is in domain and is used by users with domain profile but with local profile data the procedure comes to the end and install windows 11 pro. If I log in with users who already had access to the...
  3. Migration of windows profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migration of windows profile: We're joining users to the domain, and we need to migrate their local user accounts with all their existing data from My Documents, Desktop, Installed Software, and etc. to their domain profile. How to do this properly, and will the Command Prompt username also be migrated...
  4. Migration of windows profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migration of windows profile: We're joining users to the domain, and we need to migrate their local user accounts with all their existing data from My Documents, Desktop, Installed Software, and etc. to their domain profile. How to do this properly, and will the Command Prompt username also be migrated...
  5. Migration of windows profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Migrate from domain profile to local profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate from domain profile to local profile: Here is my situation, I had a Windows server set up in my house with PCs connected to it on my network. I took the server out of operation a few years ago but have been logging into my PCs with the same accounts with no issues. A few days ago I wanted to change the password...
  7. Migrate from domain profile to local profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrate from domain profile to local profile: Here is my situation, I had a Windows server set up in my house with PCs connected to it on my network. I took the server out of operation a few years ago but have been logging into my PCs with the same accounts with no issues. A few days ago I wanted to change the password...
  8. MIgration on Profile

MIgration on Profile: Hi Team, we are having 40 users and computer it connected to old domainabc.local. i dont have admin access to old domain controller. we want o migrate the computer and profiles to new domain xyz.local. we have full admin access to new domain controller. For User profile...
  9. Windows 10 domain user migration

Windows 10 domain user migration: Hi, I have a network with several Windows 10 Pcs connected to a windows domain server. I want to leave the domain and use the Pcs in a workgroup. If a disconnect the domain server all the Pcs continue working even if I restart it, this is because of the domain login cache....
  10. Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Migrate Locale Profile to Domain: Hi Everyone, Does anyone know how to migrate a local profile to a domain profile without software? I have some Windows 10 computers that are setup as workgroups, but we need to move them to the company domain. I want to ensure that users don't lose their files, settings,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hardlink workgroup domain profile migration

2. migrate local user to domain windows 10