Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro N 1909 - MediaFeaturePack install with Powershell

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro N 1909 - MediaFeaturePack install with Powershell in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, if i install the MediaFeaturePack with the "Optional Features" it will be listed with: "MediaPlayback","WindowsMediaPlayer"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jeypee, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Jeypee Win User

Windows 10 Pro N 1909 - MediaFeaturePack install with Powershell

Hi,

if i install the MediaFeaturePack with the "Optional Features" it will be listed with: "MediaPlayback","WindowsMediaPlayer"

Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName "MediaPlayback"

But, if i dont have install the MediaFeaturePack with the GUI i cant find these two "Features" !

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName "MediaPlayback"

Error: Featurename is not known !

So i can not install these over Powershell because i dont see it with the Get-Command !

How can i install the "MediaFeaturePack" 1909 with Powershell without the Windows GUI ?

JP

:)

Jeypee, Jan 20, 2020

2. Activate or enable Windows Media Player in Windows 10 Pro N edition

Hi BenjaminRoosen,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

The "N" editions of Windows 10 include the same functionality as other editions of Windows 10 except for media-related technologies. The N editions don't include Windows Media Player, Skype, or certain preinstalled media apps (Music, Video, and Voice
    Recorder).

If you use N editions of Windows 10, you must install other software from Microsoft or other developers to have this media player feature and functionality; to play or create audio CDs, media files, and video DVDs; to stream music; and to take, store
    pictures.

New features such as Cortana, Windows Hello, and PDF viewing in the new Edge browser rely on Windows Media files that aren't included in N editions. And some websites and software, such as Windows Store apps or Microsoft Office, use Windows Media-related
    files that aren't included in N editions.

The Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 will install Media Player and related technologies on a computer running Windows 10 N editions.

Download Windows 10 Media Feature Pack

Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N (October 2017):
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4039813/media-feature-pack-for-windows-10-n-october-2017

Once the Media Feature pack is installed, follow these steps to make Windows Media Player as default:

1. Open the Settings screen.
    2. Click System.
    3. Click Default apps. Scroll down to see Music Player section.
    4. Click the download arrow to see the list of options and you should see Windows Media Player in the list.
    5. Select Windows Media Player to make it default.

Try the steps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro

I have an activation key for windows 10 Pro but I accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro N, I know it is probably simple and I am just dumb but can someone walk me through the steps of going from Pro N to Pro.

RangerDale, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro N 1909 - MediaFeaturePack install with Powershell

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro N 1909 - MediaFeaturePack install with Powershell

1. Windows 10 Pro N 1909 - MediaFeaturePack install with Powershell - Similar Threads - Pro 1909 MediaFeaturePack

2. Windows 10 pro n to WIndows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro n to WIndows 10 pro: I want from Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro but I don't know how, Does anyone know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-n-to-windows-10-pro/b8293a60-3a5d-498a-9c24-70428e31c872
  3. Windows 10 PRO N and I want to install windows pro 10 without the N

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 PRO N and I want to install windows pro 10 without the N: After installing the plain pro 10 version it still shows as having the pro 10 N version installed. I upgraded machines moving the SSD over only, so the "N" version became invalid. I can't seem to upgrade and take the "N" version off. I have a valid license key for the pro...
  4. Windows 10 pro N to Windows 10 pro

Windows 10 pro N to Windows 10 pro: I just got my laptop repaired recently after a hard drive issue. I had windows 10 pro installed on my laptop but the technician from which I got my laptop repaired installed a very early edition of windows 10 pro N. I want to know if I can go back to the normal windows 10...
  5. Windows 10 Pro N installation

Windows 10 Pro N installation: Hello. I wanted to ask if there is anywhere I can download Windows 10 Pro N and I need your help, I can't find it. I had it somewhere on my drives but I can't find it neither. I bought a new PC, I have a Product key but I can't find that edition anywhere. I live in Europe so...
  6. Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro: I have an activation key for windows 10 Pro but I accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro N, I know it is probably simple and I am just dumb but can someone walk me through the steps of going from Pro N to Pro....
  7. Windows 10 64 N to Windows 10 pro NO N

Windows 10 64 N to Windows 10 pro NO N: I have Windows 10 64 bit Pro N and want to migrate to the non N version. N has way to many restrictions. Is this possible without losing everything?...
  8. Windows 10 pro N

Windows 10 pro N: I tried to install win 10 pro n on my pc with win 10 pro activation key but it can't be use, why ? 135565
  9. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro N

Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro N: I already installed and activated my copy of Windows 10 Pro. Is it to late to install Windows 10 Pro N? 10505
  10. Windows 10 Pro N - Clean Install to SSD

Windows 10 Pro N - Clean Install to SSD: I'm installing a SSD on my computer and want to start off with a fresh copy of Windows 10. My current OS is Windows 10 Pro N. I'm guessing Microsoft wants my new install to be the N version as well. I downloaded an iso of Windows 10 Pro N and want to put in on a USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media feature pack 1909

2. poweshell media feature pack

3. windows media feature pack powershell

4. windows n 1909 media feature pack do not install,
  5. windows media player windows 10 not installed 1909,
  6. windows 10 n media feature pack 1909,
  7. media feature pack windows 10 1909,
  8. windows 10 1909 activation with power shell,
  9. windows 10 1909 media pack,
  10. Media Feature Pack for N versions for Windows 10 Pro N 1909,
  11. mediafeaturepack 1909