Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I have a license for Windows 7 Professional and while downloading the ISO image from tech bench, I have chosen "Windows 10 Pro N". So now after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by windows95, Dec 8, 2015.

1. windows95 Win User

Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro

Hey,
    I have a license for Windows 7 Professional and while downloading the ISO image from tech bench, I have chosen "Windows 10 Pro N". So now after the install, I found out my license isn't accepted for the N version, they seem to be very picky about this single letter ...*Confused

Sooo, now I was wondering if there is an easy way to turn my installation into a non-N version? Or just to trick the activation iin thinking that it is just W10 Pro (without N)...?

TIA

:)

windows95, Dec 8, 2015

2. HOW TO CLEAN INSTALL FINAL WIN10 BUILD 10240?

yes ok but heres a following edtion of windows

windows 10 home

windows 10 home N

windows 10 pro

windows 10 pro N

what does windows 10 pro/home N mean???

Marc Dean Soliva, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Pro N Activation

I've recently bought a Windows 10 pro activation key after downloading and installing Windows 10 pro N. I've not managed to activate windows and so I'd like to know if Microsoft has specific keys for Windows 10 pro N or if a normal Windows 10 pro key should
    work on the pro N edition?

If it is the case that Windows 10 pro N has specific activation keys, is there an easy way to swap between editions?

George_219, Dec 8, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Why not download the correct version and go from there?

BunnyJ, Dec 8, 2015
  5. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Run Pro first and have that activated.
    After that you can try doing a clean install of the "N" version and have it activate with a generic "N" key ?

No idea if that would actually work but I feel it should in view of the fact that it's a version of Pro sans the media related stuff which you can add for free later on anyhow. Just my POV though.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 8, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    The only way you can switch editions of Windows 10 (go from "N" to non-"N") is to start over. Either go back to Windows 7 and upgrade again with the correct edition - or clean install the correct edition and activate it with your Windows 7 product key.

NavyLCDR, Dec 8, 2015
  7. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

The thread's header is also confusing as OP actually wanted to the do the exact opposite of what the header suggests.
    Coming from Ultimate going to Pro (not the N version) should be a piece of cake.

If after that you can't go to the N version I think that's MS is showing the proverbial middle finger to the European Court rule however.

Guess I'll just try it out one of these days just for the sake of it.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 8, 2015
  8. windows95 Win User

Well, yeah the header refers to the installed, product not my key.
    Where would I get that generic key from?

Ah, well I probably have to reinstall...

windows95, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Pro Pro

2. Application_Application Error_1000 with playing ea fc 24 pro clubs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application_Application Error_1000 with playing ea fc 24 pro clubs: Hello when i play ea fc 24 and i want to play pro clubs, when i enter a match game crashed and i can not play pro clubs.ultimate team i can play.when i go to logs on my pc it says Application_Application Error_1000.i try alot of ting and had chats with ea support and also...
  3. Application_Application Error_1000 with playing ea fc 24 pro clubs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application_Application Error_1000 with playing ea fc 24 pro clubs: Hello when i play ea fc 24 and i want to play pro clubs, when i enter a match game crashed and i can not play pro clubs.ultimate team i can play.when i go to logs on my pc it says Application_Application Error_1000.i try alot of ting and had chats with ea support and also...
  4. What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.: I am setting up a new desktop and on my current desktop I already have a Windows 11 Home license installed and running.I want to upgrade my existing desktop to Windows 11 Pro and relocate the Windows 11 Home license onto the new desktop that is being built.A few questions...
  5. What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.

What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.: I am setting up a new desktop and on my current desktop I already have a Windows 11 Home license installed and running.I want to upgrade my existing desktop to Windows 11 Pro and relocate the Windows 11 Home license onto the new desktop that is being built.A few questions...
  6. Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?: My LaCie SSD Pro external drive that I work from everyday randomly will not be recognized by my laptop. A different LaCie SSD drive works, the cable and port both work, and the drive can be recognized by other computers. I know Windows ran an update the morning before it no...
  7. Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?

Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?: My LaCie SSD Pro external drive that I work from everyday randomly will not be recognized by my laptop. A different LaCie SSD drive works, the cable and port both work, and the drive can be recognized by other computers. I know Windows ran an update the morning before it no...
  8. System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎29/‎01/‎2024 OS build 22000.2538 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22001.1000.0...
  9. System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...

System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎29/‎01/‎2024 OS build 22000.2538 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22001.1000.0...
  10. Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro: Hi,Since a few months I had my PC randomly rebooting from time to time something akin 1 time over 10 days of usage but I didn't pay much attention to it until today when the system started hanging during boot sometimes stuck at Asus loading screen since my mobo is an Asus one...