Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - Network Computers not shown consistently in Explorer

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - Network Computers not shown consistently in Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my Laptop from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The system seemed to perform fine for a little while, then I began to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BChomowitz, May 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro - Network Computers not shown consistently in Explorer

I recently upgraded my Laptop from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The system seemed to perform fine for a little while, then I began to have problems with Explorer not showing Network Computers. Sometimes, it could not see itself and others it could see other computers. I did a Reset Network and it seemed to clear up and all computers were shown, but later in the day, they disappeared.

Please advise ... Thank you.

:)

BChomowitz, May 6, 2019

2. Network computer not shown in Network-list

I have acces to a computer in the network with \\Computer2\ in the file explorer.

This computer however is not shown in the NETWORK-list. Others are shown.

Anton

ZoettlAnton, May 6, 2019
  3. ArieHome Win User
    Networked computers are not shown in File Explorer in Windows 10

My system in Windows 10 x64 Pro (1511) 10586.3

The networked computers are not shown in File Explorer.

(Standard gateway is shown.
    Also accessing networked computers via \\CompName is working OK!)

I tried the following:

1) The standard discovery settings have been enabled:

-> In Advanced Sharing settings -> Enable network discovery and file/printer sharing

2) Discovery Services are enabled (Put these services on and automatic)

- DNS client - Function Discovery Resource Publication - SSDP Discovery - UPnP services

3) I did reset the network settings:

- "netsh winsock reset" and "netsh int ip reset" followed by restart.

But this does not solve the problem.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

ArieHome, May 6, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Pro - Network Computers not shown consistently in Explorer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro - Network Computers not shown consistently in Explorer

1. Windows 10 Pro - Network Computers not shown consistently in Explorer - Similar Threads - Pro Network Computers

2. Network Consistently drops on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Consistently drops on windows 10: Hello, I have been having this issue since around mid november of last year 2023 where i connect to a network and it drops about 10 seconds later. I've tried uninstalling the driver, downloading the driver from the manufacturers website, turning off power management,...
  3. Network Consistently drops on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Consistently drops on windows 10: Hello, I have been having this issue since around mid november of last year 2023 where i connect to a network and it drops about 10 seconds later. I've tried uninstalling the driver, downloading the driver from the manufacturers website, turning off power management,...
  4. Network Consistently drops on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Consistent Crashing on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent Crashing on Windows 10 Pro: HelloMy PC has been consistently crashing so I ran the sfc /scannow command and it said it found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!...
  6. Consistent Crashing on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Consistent Crashing on Windows 10 Pro: HelloMy PC has been consistently crashing so I ran the sfc /scannow command and it said it found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!...
  7. A computer on a private network not shown

A computer on a private network not shown: I have two computers A and B on a private network using Ethernet.Computer A can access computer B, but B cannot access A.Computers both A and B use the following settings for the Private network in the "Advanced sharing settings" page.'Turn on network discovery' and 'Turn on...
  8. cannot consistantly connect a network computer

cannot consistantly connect a network computer: I have one computer on my network that I can sometimes connect to and other times cannot. I can successfully ping the computer every time. I have updated the ethernet card driver. How do I stabilize the connection?...
  9. Network Discovery not finding computers consistently

Network Discovery not finding computers consistently: Small business with 2 Windows 10 and 2 WIndows 7 systems. Also a server running 2012sbs. From the Windows 10 systems, when we click on Windows Explorer, and then Network, the server sometimes shows up and sometimes doesn't on one system, and NEVER shows up on the other....
  10. Explorer/Network shown everything except Computer

Explorer/Network shown everything except Computer: While trying to connect a new pc to our network I somehow no longer see "Computer" in "Network" on my computer's Explorer. Oddly, the new computer Network is showing everything but on my PC "Media Devices" "Multifunction Devices", etc all are there but no Computer" (see...