Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro network share drive not accessible, but a Windows 10 Pro VirtualBox install...

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro network share drive not accessible, but a Windows 10 Pro VirtualBox install... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since about 1 week network drives have disappeared from my Windows 10 Pro installation. There was a recent update and security updates. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TradeFlags, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro network share drive not accessible, but a Windows 10 Pro VirtualBox install...

Since about 1 week network drives have disappeared from my Windows 10 Pro installation.
    There was a recent update and security updates. I have been unable to enable the network mappings since that happened. I have tried god knows everything that you can find on the web. Checked Services, Checked Optional Features. Checked Firewall. Literally i have given up on looking. I need some help now.

Please help! Greatly appreciated!

So i bought another key for another WIndows 10 Pro installation. Since i couldnt use my existing key since it was "not valid" deemed by microsoft. Even though i bought it for 160 EUR in 2015 as an upgrade to my Windows 10 Home which i originally purchased as a Windows 7 in 2013 when i bought the PC. So i have installed a Virtual Box version of the latest Windows 10 release version 1903 using the new Win 10 Pro key and i didnt change ANYTHING after the install completed. I simply mounted the network share (from a SAMBA server on Ubuntu 18.04 LTE) and it worked fine.

Looking at what protocol it used was SMB3_11.

Copying over the same settings from that Windows Install and using them in my current Win 10Pro and rebooting, still the same error as before. Cannot access the network share.

I have checked the Firewall. It is on and running. The same as it is on the Virtual Box WIn10Pro.
    I have even added the necessary samba TCP/UDP ports as separate rules to make sure can pass through. But since the default firewall setting of the VirtualBox works i dont think that is the problem.

I believe somehow it is trying to use SMB3_11 but for some reason that protocol is not available in my windows installation. I have tried setting SAMBA share to use max protocoll SMB2 or SMB1 (with the SMB1.0 features enable). But that didnt work either.

Does anyone else have problems like this with existing Windows 10 Pro installations where the Samba shares won't be accessible?

Oh one more thing, i can access the samba shares on my MacOS no problem whatsoever.

I have summarized all the details and settings below:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1903

OS build 18362.418 (virtual box 18362.356)

Mounting / Mapping a network drive

Windows cannot access \\10.0.0.17\ws

entering credentials gives

Error code 0x80070035 the network path was not found.

Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network.

Click Diagnose => Cannot find a problem.

Services.msc:

Function Discovery Resource Publication Automatic & Running

Function Discovery Provider Host Automatic & Running

SSDP Automatic & Running

UPnP Device Host Automatic & Running

OptionalFeatures.exe:

SMB 1.0/CIFS TURNED OFF

SMB Direct TURNED ON

Advanced Sharing Settings:

PRIVATE (current profile)

Network Discovery Turned ON + automatic setup of network connected devices

File and Printer Sharing Turned ON

All TURNED OFF

ALL Networks

Turn off Public folder sharing

Use 128-bit encryption TURNED ON

Password protected Sharing Turned ON

submitted by /u/TradeFlags
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TradeFlags, Nov 6, 2019

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Nov 6, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Pro network share drive not accessible, but a Windows 10 Pro VirtualBox install...

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro network share drive not accessible, but a Windows 10 Pro VirtualBox install...

1. Windows 10 Pro network share drive not accessible, but a Windows 10 Pro VirtualBox install... - Similar Threads - Pro network share

2. Problem with Network Shares/Access between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Network Shares/Access between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro: I have aproblem with one laptop windows 10 Pro accessing network shares on two othermachines with windows 10 Home. My problem: Laptop 1 cannotaccess any shares on Laptop 2 or the Desktop. The Desktop is asking for Windows credentials none have been set orexist. Laptop 2...
  3. Latest VirtualBox install causes a BSOD on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest VirtualBox install causes a BSOD on Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I'm getting a BSOD when waking up a Windows 10 Pro machine from sleep mode with the latest version of VirtualBox 6.1.14-140239 installed. The BSOD stop code is 'IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL'. I am running Windows 10 Pro 2004, OS build 19041.450 The BSOD does not occur...
  4. Latest windows 10 pro cannot accessing network shared folder

Latest windows 10 pro cannot accessing network shared folder: Hi, is anyone facing the same problem like me? I was setting up 2 new HP prodesk with windows 10 pro, each of them shared a folder and alllowed for everyone and same as security tab. But i got an error of can't accessing or find the specified computer etc, eventually windows7...
  5. Windows 10 PRO unable to access shared drive on Peer to Peer Network, files on Windows 7 Home

Windows 10 PRO unable to access shared drive on Peer to Peer Network, files on Windows 7 Home: So I have all my files on a Windows 7 Home computer. I have numerous computers running Windows 10 home, all can access the files. All using Norton security and firewall. My own computer was running Windows 10 Home, and I upgraded to PRO, and no problem accessing shared files....
  6. No access to external drive in Windows 10 Pro

No access to external drive in Windows 10 Pro: Hello, even after I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro I cannot access the external drive D: on my new HP Desktop. Under the properties of disk D: the [Security] tab is missing. How can I adjust this in Windows? There is no hardware problem because the external disk is working on my...
  7. Sharing on "Public" Network in Windows 10 Pro?

Sharing on "Public" Network in Windows 10 Pro?: Is it indeed possible to share files over a "public" network among computers in the same workgroup? If so, are there special tricks to pull this off? I have been advised elsewhere that, "[Microsoft] have broken networking in Windows 10" and that, "if you choose a Public...
  8. Network share issue--Windows 10 Pro x64 1903

Network share issue--Windows 10 Pro x64 1903: Hello All Symptoms: Shared a folder on my external drive to backup another family members PC over the network, tried to use macirum reflect to the image, it seen the PC, but couldn't access the folder, even after entering Admin account & password into on client machine....
  9. Can't access share drive and smb server from windows 10 pro

Can't access share drive and smb server from windows 10 pro: Hi, I have a windows 10 pro, 64-bit system. I'm trying to connect to a share drive which i certain that I have access to. When I tried to map the network drive, it popped up error and showed the error code: 0x80070043. I have the same issue with connecting a share...
  10. Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network

Windows 10 pro can't access shared folder on home network: Dear folk I have my work laptop windows 10 that joined a work domain (not workgroup) and I have my home desktop windows 7 that on workgroup. My user domain been assigned to administrator group When I am at home and from my work laptop I used to access a shared...