Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro: no more logon prompt

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro: no more logon prompt in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey folks, On my company's computer with Windows 10 Pro, starting from yesterday there is not more the logon password box. I have tried all the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DiegoFurlan1, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro: no more logon prompt

Hey folks,

On my company's computer with Windows 10 Pro, starting from yesterday there is not more the logon password box.

I have tried all the suggested solutions that I've found on the web, included CRTL+ALT+DEL, restore the system from a previous saved restore point, update the graphic driver, set as "Automatic" the "Credential manager" service, remove the password for the account the computer is not joined to the company's domain: nothing.
    I can access the computer in safe mode and it prompt me for the password but in this mode I can't work with the important production program installed on it it's a program that works 24/24 monitoring some cellars temperatures.

The company that can help me re-installing this important program in another computer is closed for two weeks because of the period, August, such luck!

Any ideas? Looking for the problem on the web, I see that is an "old" problem but I can't find any solution for me, or maybe a fix it or Microsoft's update/package.

Thanks!!!

DF

:)

DiegoFurlan1, Aug 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Windows 10 Pro: no more logon prompt

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

Windows 10 Pro: no more logon prompt

1. Windows 10 Pro: no more logon prompt - Similar Threads - Pro more logon

2. Disable Windows Hello Prompt entirely on logon screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows Hello Prompt entirely on logon screen: Hey,So I disabled Window Hello Pin and so on under the Sign-In settings.Yet for whatever reason I can't seem to make it disappear from the logon screen.In the Screenshot if I select the right option and put in my password it signs in and works as expected.If the Left option...
  3. Black screen at logon command32 prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen at logon command32 prompt: Hello!My first thread of a error ever here and also my first post.Having a very persistent problem that i cant resolve myself.I keep getting a black screen with only mouse cursor available and a open command window.The only way to get past it it is to type explorer.exe in...
  4. Prompt to activate the windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Prompt to activate the windows 10 pro: I constantly get prompted to activate the windows 10 pro, that I already have, How can I make it stop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prompt-to-activate-the-windows-10-pro/93e9ba9f-94f4-44a8-a202-ad058923d318"
  5. Logon prompt not detecting smartcard?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logon prompt not detecting smartcard?: All, Isn't Windows supposed to detect a smartcard and prompt for a PIN at logon? When I insert my card, nothing happens. I can then login using a local account, open my card manager application and see the card with the identification and certificate information perfectly....
  6. Logon prompt not detecting smartcard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon prompt not detecting smartcard?: All, Isn't Windows supposed to detect a smartcard and prompt for a PIN at logon? When I insert my card, nothing happens. I can then login using a local account, open my card manager application and see the card with the identification and certificate information perfectly....
  7. Why no more Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why no more Windows 10 Pro?: So, I've upgraded my Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro a long time ago with no problems at all, until now. Problem is that my Windows isn't activated anymore (there is no error code) and when I'll check out what Troubleshooting has to say the answer is that my digital...
  8. No Logon Prompt for Windows 10

No Logon Prompt for Windows 10: I have had this issue before when I had connected an external monitor but through this forum was able to fix it. I have had no issues for several weeks. On Thursday, after my laptop went into hibernation mode, now I do not have a logon prompt again. The screensaver comes on...
  9. 10 Pro forcing logon

10 Pro forcing logon: Hey all, I am having an issue with the Windows 10 machines that I have installed thus far. I do not use a screen saver, but use the power settings to turn off the display after a certain period of time. When the display goes off, it forces me to authenticate to get back on...
  10. Corrupt User Logon Windows 10 (Pro)

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt User Logon Windows 10 (Pro): I will describe the symptoms and solution. I can only guess at the cause. Your normal everyday logon fails to function properly after a reboot and/or cold bootup. · Cortana fails · File Explorer fails to launch fully · Desktop Browsers will not launch (except Edge still...