Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro; No sound on sound level below 5.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro; No sound on sound level below 5. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey people, I've got this weird thing going on on my 4 rigs at home. (2 desktops, a thinkpad and a NUC so it's on various devices. And sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by koji, Feb 17, 2016.

1. koji Win User

Windows 10 Pro; No sound on sound level below 5.

Hey people,

I've got this weird thing going on on my 4 rigs at home. (2 desktops, a thinkpad and a NUC so it's on various devices. And sound drivers)

When I put my volume low, every volume percentage below 5 just disables sounds alltogether. The moment I put it back on 5 the sound comes back but it's already pretty "loud" cause it's on 5... *Confused

Not the end of the world but pretty annoying, anyone run in to it yet? Trying to google it proves a royal PITA. I installed all my rigs from the same windows 10 image downloaded with the setuptool from the MS website...

Windows 10 Pro; No sound on sound level below 5. [​IMG]

So that setting above would result in no sound. I have it on Realteks, Creative, HDMI audio from the NUC. Only time that I don't have it is with remote audio.

:)

2. Curioser Win User

Windows 10 Pro (2016 update) - Microphone on USB Headset mic vol output being set to zero and muted after 10 seconds

This only seems to have begun within the last week (windows update is set to automatic -- recent update installed).

what has been done:

1. Managed sound devices, disabled advanced option to "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device". Apply

(control panel>hardware & sound>sound>Recording>Microphone Properties>Advanced)

2. Set Communications to "Do Nothing"

(control panel>hardware & sound>sound>Communications

3. Disable all playback and recording devices except for USB Headset

(control panel>hardware & sound>sound>Playback)

(control panel>hardware & sound>sound>Recording)

4. Set Levels to 60, Un-mute Microphone, Apply

(control panel>hardware & sound>sound>manage audio devices>Recording>Microphone Properties>Levels)

Wait approximately 10 seconds (do nothing) - Default Services for Windows 10 Pro up and running

What happens: microphone output reset to zero and muted by Windows 10 Pro

What I have done to troubleshoot:

a. Disable all playback and recording devices on Windows 10 Pro except for Plantronics HD1 (RIG 515 HD) USB Headset.

b. Run Troubleshooting tool For Windows 10 Pro (Troubleshoot problems - Hardware and Sound - Recording Audio) - This step resets headset to default Windows 10 Pro settings.

c. Step 1 and 2 above to determine if any changes have occurred.

Result: No change -- mic output reset to zero and mic muted by Windows 10 Pro in approximately 10 seconds.

Question: Why is Windows 10 Pro resetting mic output to zero and muting Mic on USB headset?

Curioser, Feb 17, 2016
  3. Lumina 640

The sound will go away if you turn the ringer + notification sound level down below level 1 of 10 using the button on the RH side. The sceen will indicate "vibrate" if you are using that setting.

Hope this helps.

MarvPete1_, Feb 17, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro; No sound on sound level below 5.

1. Windows 10 Pro; No sound on sound level below 5. - Similar Threads - Pro sound sound

2. sound level on the sound system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound level on the sound system: The system sound on my laptop cannot be changed directly, if the sound is made to zero then the sound is off, and if louder has same sound level . sound must customized from settings of the running application....
  3. sound level on the sound system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound level on the sound system: The system sound on my laptop cannot be changed directly, if the sound is made to zero then the sound is off, and if louder has same sound level . sound must customized from settings of the running application....
  4. Weird sound level

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird sound level: [ATTACH] Hello there, I have a weird thing on my computer and wondered if anyone has ever seen that. It make the headset sound not increase in a straight line, but more like a parable. So when the sound is not 100%, it is greatly reduced. Sound level at 92 Sound...
  5. No sound in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound in Windows 10 Pro: Hi there, Since 2 weeks I have no sound on my Windows 10 computer. I even bought a USB sound card, but nothing. The devices appear in device manager and with no errors. I tried everything on the web, but nothing. It says "No output device installed" and I have the sound...
  6. Sound problem involving fluctuating sound levels

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound problem involving fluctuating sound levels: My sound is jumping from 100% to 67% and back again. This repeats itself consistently. Observed in the App Volume Device Preferences place. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-problem-involving-fluctuating-sound-levels/ca14a631-4570-4f70-8e4a-5f4bb6b2b117
  7. Windows 10 app individual sound level

Windows 10 app individual sound level: Hi, I have the master volume of Windows 10 set to 72. Now, I use an app everyday, where the sound is way too loud. On every startup, the volume is set to 72 (equal to master volume), and I have to go and adjust it to 45. When I close down the app, the next time I open it,...
  8. sound level of adverts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound level of adverts: Why is it that those adverts MS is pushing have such high volume levels? Or is that just another devious way to try to get people pay for what always has been a free game.... I have adjusted the sound levels of my games, programmes etc so that they are just like I want them...
  9. sound levels

sound levels: I have been using Windows 8 for four years with great sound. We changed to Windows 10 recently and since then the sound levels are pathetic, really low. Both on headphones and without them. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop. Anyone have some input? Thanks, biddy...
  10. USB Sound Recording Level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Sound Recording Level: Does anyone know where in the Windows 10 registry the audio recording levels are stored? I am experiencing very low audio recording levels from a USB interface (Mackie Blackjack). The audio recording levels are set to 100 for this device but are still quite low....