Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - Non-English language laptop, cannot change language to English

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - Non-English language laptop, cannot change language to English in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm aware that many questions have been asked, but sadly, I can't find the answer... Due to Covid and travel restrictions, I've had to buy a laptop in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul-Leahy, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro - Non-English language laptop, cannot change language to English

I'm aware that many questions have been asked, but sadly, I can't find the answer...

Due to Covid and travel restrictions, I've had to buy a laptop in Czech Rep. It came pre-installed with Win 10 Pro, and thus the ability to change display language or so I believe, according to Microsoft websites. Despite following the numerous tutorials online, and engaging in PowerShell/cmd, the display language will not change. In fact, the only option in the drop-down list is Czech, despite numerous language packs installed.

Is there a setting in the registry, or some PowerShell command, that 100% changes the display language, or maybe is there a setting that turns off the facility to change the language, which may have been set?

Dism reports default system language: cs-CZ, UI language fallback: en-US.

Ideally, I just want to go to the fallback! And please, believe me, I've tried every variant through the menus options, with zero success. I've now wasted hours on this, and am starting to wonder if changing the display language only works if you start with a default system language of en-US....

:)

Paul-Leahy, Mar 26, 2021
  2. viki2000 Win User

Win10 – Language change Arabic to English

I just bought a 2nd hand laptop by occasion and it has only one problem: the Windows 10 was installed in Arabic language and I need it in English. I do not read/speak Arabic language.
    I looked over many YouTube videos in Arabic and English language about how to change the language in Win10. Unfortunately my screens that I see in Arabic language do not match the screens seen in Arabic on YouTube videos/tutorials, so I cannot do a blind click-click and by chance to change it into English.
    I can make print screens and then put them in USB stick and upload them here on EE from another PC – that I figure it out.
    I do not want to reinstall Win10 from scratch, but of course that is the last option.
    Below are the first steps which leaded me to, I hope, Language and Regional Settings in Win10, but where to click further and what to choose?
    I really need your guidance in step by step with pictures where shall I click in order to install the English language.
    A tutorial in English does not help. I need a tutorial (step by step) in Arabic with pictures.

viki2000, Mar 26, 2021
  3. davidm71 Win User
    Microsoft no english language windows for you!

Wasn't an OEM copy though it was a promotional copy given to me for free. Anyhow don't you think it's odd that every language but English be on the list?!

I was able to download the Hebrew version just fine. Not a big deal to add the English language pack using the Nlite app. Thing is there was a time you could download these iso's from digital river but MS shut that down so now all we have are Torrents which is shady if you ask me.

davidm71, Mar 26, 2021
  4. davidm71 Win User

Windows 10 Pro - Non-English language laptop, cannot change language to English

Microsoft no english language windows for you!

After visiting the official Microsoft software download service and entering my Win 7 ultimate 64 product key I noticed out of the two dozen languages listed English version was missing! anyone else notice this?

Thanks

davidm71, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro - Non-English language laptop, cannot change language to English

1. Windows 10 Pro - Non-English language laptop, cannot change language to English - Similar Threads - Pro Non English

2. I cannot change language to UK English

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot change language to UK English: Hi. I've bought a new W10 laptop windows home edition and I cannot get it to use UK English. The language settings say that it is set to UK English but the spellchecker keeps suggesting American spellings. Not ideal when I bought the laptop to write on a book with! I've...
  3. Windows 10 Single Language Change To English

Windows 10 Single Language Change To English: I could't find any way to replace current language which is Turkish. I want to make it English. I saw some posts somebody did this uploading cab file. But I don't think it's the safest way. Plus, Microsoft doesn't support these language packs after 1809 officially. I believe...
  4. Windows 10 Language Change to English

Windows 10 Language Change to English: Hello! I bought my desktop here in China, a friend of mine already checked my pc. We already installed the language pack and still, Microsoft Edge, Control Panel, generally most of the Windows interface is still in Chinese. The log in screen and a few is changed to English....
  5. change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows: I would like to change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows, including the language that is displayed in File Explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!` "Editar opciones de idioma y teclado" leads to the window below. It shows English, as I...
  6. change my language to english

change my language to english: please help me change my computer to english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-language-to-english/d5ff6360-849c-47db-8ca0-b9e41cd59a2c
  7. Windows 10 language change to complete English

Windows 10 language change to complete English: Hey! So I bought a computer with pre installed Windows 10 and it had local language set up as default. Of course I changed the language immediately to Enlgish as it is the one I prefer and comprehend best. Unfortunately some of the programs and microsoft applications are...
  8. How to change the language to English?

How to change the language to English?: Last month, I brought a laptop in China , which is Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Window 10 Chinese family version. I want to change the whole laptop's system to English. When I open the laptop, it's Chinese, I ask the worker to help me to change to English, they went to setting to...
  9. Cant change language to english

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant change language to english: Hello my friend I bought a new laptop here in japan But Cant change my language to english Also cant download language pack Pls need help,, 43090
  10. Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?: Hey all i got a question. I'm from the US but outside the Us at the moment in Mexico. My laptop is a dell and its a english laptop bought back in the US. I want to get another laptop but here in Mexico, most laptops are well of course in Spanish. I also believe they have a...