Windows 10: Windows 10 pro not activated automatically after reinstall

Discus and support Windows 10 pro not activated automatically after reinstall in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I bought my laptop, it came with preinstalled windows 10 pro. I was told that the product key for windows is coded in motherboard and it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HARSHIT AGARWAL, May 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 pro not activated automatically after reinstall

When I bought my laptop, it came with preinstalled windows 10 pro. I was told that the product key for windows is coded in motherboard and it will activate windows automatically whenever I reinstall the windows. I recently reinstalled windows on my laptop but it has not activated. Whenever I troubleshoot for this, I get "We weren't able to activate windows on this device.". Also I get error 0xC004F213 and states "Windows reported that no product key was found on this device." How can I solve this issue?

:)

HARSHIT AGARWAL, May 3, 2020
  2. tigger Win User

Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

I bought a win 10 pro oem key for £25, changed my motherboard and cpu, and reinstalled windows, and it activated automatically. So I would say why not buy pro?

From here-
    https://softwaregeeks.co.uk/product/windows-10-pro/

Was near enough instant delivery of key by email, and it activated on my original install, and on a clean install with changed hardware. Can't say fairer than that for £25

tigger, May 3, 2020
  3. wolfaust Win User
    Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

This online store looks cheap. You don't want to know how much OEM keys or other software prices are in my country. lol

wolfaust, May 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 pro not activated automatically after reinstall

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 pro not activated automatically after reinstall

1. Windows 10 pro not activated automatically after reinstall - Similar Threads - pro activated automatically

2. Windows is automatically activated after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows is automatically activated after reinstallation: Hello. I bought a new laptop and wanted to transfer my Windows license to it. I did that and now I have a license on both laptops that says "activated with a digital license linked to a Microsoft account". I manually removed the license from my old laptop. Then I reinstalled...
  3. Windows is automatically activated after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is automatically activated after reinstallation: Hello. I bought a new laptop and wanted to transfer my Windows license to it. I did that and now I have a license on both laptops that says "activated with a digital license linked to a Microsoft account". I manually removed the license from my old laptop. Then I reinstalled...
  4. Windows is automatically activated after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Activation after reinstallation

Windows 10 Activation after reinstallation: I recently brought Laptop HP EliteBook thru eBay from a reseller.On receipt, I was performing a full reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro using the media available from HP. In the middle of installation, it gives this message if the internet is connected "Sign-in with your XXXX...
  6. Windows 10 pro activation after reinstalling windows.

Windows 10 pro activation after reinstalling windows.: Hello! I had a windows 10 pro activation before i installed Linux to my laptop and also wiping windows at the same time now when i installed windows back it says i have an home license from my account which is true but i also had the pro activation on this device and all my...
  7. Activating Windows 10 Pro after reinstalling the OS

Activating Windows 10 Pro after reinstalling the OS: I purchased a dell inspiron 7591 system with windows 10 home license. I later purchased a key for the pro version and upgraded windows. Later, I had to reinstall windows and I when I try to activate the same key, it says the product key did not work. Error code is 0xc004f050....
  8. re-activation after reinstall (windows 10 pro)

re-activation after reinstall (windows 10 pro): Hi, My mum gave me her Laptop which she had from new. She had upgraded free to windows 10 from 8.1. when I got the laptop I re-installed windows 10 (PRO) and have never been able to activate. I believe she'd had Home version. I do not have a product key but when she gave it...
  9. Activating Windows 10 after reinstalling

Activating Windows 10 after reinstalling: Hi, I'm using a laptop, wich has pre installed Windows 10 Home 64 bit version (activated with a digital license and I'm using a local account). My question is if I have to reinstall the same version of windows for some reason how can I reactivate it. should I switch to my...
  10. Activation of Windows 10 Pro after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation of Windows 10 Pro after reinstallation: Hello, I have reinstalled Windows 10 on my main PC. The reinstallation was successful. I ended up having a Windows 10 Home version. It was successful activated. I then upgraded to a Windows 10 Pro version via the Microsoft Store, and I am sure I selected Windows 10 Pro,...