Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro not appearing in my account

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro not appearing in my account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, On my old laptop, a friend upgraded me to Windows 10 Pro. I was looking for the product key for it and it said it's linked to my account. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BilobateMink449, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro not appearing in my account

Hello,

On my old laptop, a friend upgraded me to Windows 10 Pro. I was looking for the product key for it and it said it's linked to my account. So I said, great!

Now I got a new laptop that had Win 10 Home preinstalled. When I entered my account that should have Win 10 Pro linked to it, It didn't show up and said my Microsoft account is linked to Windows 10 Home The one preinstalled on my new laptop. Is there any way to get back Windows 10 Pro or will I have to buy a whole new license for it?

:)

BilobateMink449, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Pro not appearing in my account :(

Zakin, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro not appearing in my account

Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

Windows 10 Pro not appearing in my account windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro not appearing in my account

1. Windows 10 Pro not appearing in my account - Similar Threads - Pro appearing account

2. Cannot sign in to my work account on windows 11 pro even though it appears to be setup...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in to my work account on windows 11 pro even though it appears to be setup...: Hi. I have just purchased a new laptop with windows 11 home which I have upgraded to 11 Pro. If I look at the licence in settings it shows Win 11 pro as activated. If I now try to setup my work account I can see the option in settings to add a school or work account, and...
  3. Cannot sign in to my work account on windows 11 pro even though it appears to be setup...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sign in to my work account on windows 11 pro even though it appears to be setup...: Hi. I have just purchased a new laptop with windows 11 home which I have upgraded to 11 Pro. If I look at the licence in settings it shows Win 11 pro as activated. If I now try to setup my work account I can see the option in settings to add a school or work account, and...
  4. Windows 10 Pro not appearing in my account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro not appearing in my account: As the title states. I purchased back in November 17th 2019, and I have my paypal transaction for it.It does not show in my account, and I am trying to get my laptop squared away...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Account Issue

Windows 10 Pro Account Issue: I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, but did so with the wrong account. I used a personal account instead of my business account. Is there any way I can switch it or get a refund to redo it?...
  6. My order of Win 10 Pro does not appear in my orders

My order of Win 10 Pro does not appear in my orders: I purchased a full version of Windows 10 Pro not the upgrade back on August 26, 2019. I recently got a new PC and uninstalled that copy of windows and then parted out that PC. I wanted to use that Windows 10 Pro on my new laptop but I cannot find the key. The order does not...
  7. windows 10 pro licenses in account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro licenses in account: I have 4 pc's on my account that are no longer in service. 3 have windows pro on them. I want to transfer one of those licenses to my new laptop which is running windows home....
  8. Duplicate accounts on Windows 10 Appeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicate accounts on Windows 10 Appeared: Hello, On my "Your Info" button in settings it shows 3 accounts, all 3 use my email, say administrator, and when "manage account" is clicked, they all lead to the same account on the Microsoft Website. One has a really blurry version of my profile picture, one has no profile...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition not appearing in my account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition not appearing in my account: So I bought the Windows 10 Edition of Minecraft last year,redeemed the key and had it in my library. Skip to this year after reinstalling Windows 10, I logged in my account and and opened the Microsoft Store to install it. Then I noticed it bassically erased itself. Only have...
  10. windows 10 pro local account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro local account.: Hi, I am new to desktop and I`m learning as i go, My question is where did I go WRONG? My windows administration account is active. When I visit account settings everything looks and seems ok, but almost any discussion it tells me I need administrative permission to make...