Windows 10: Windows 10 pro not recognising my USB CD/DVD writer as a burning device

Discus and support Windows 10 pro not recognising my USB CD/DVD writer as a burning device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I connected my new DVD/CD ROM read/writer USB device model TEAC DV-28E-V USB Device ..and Windows 10 will not recognise it as a burner....apps used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaveHallqh, May 8, 2021.

1. Windows 10 pro not recognising my USB CD/DVD writer as a burning device

I connected my new DVD/CD ROM read/writer USB device model TEAC DV-28E-V USB Device ..and Windows 10 will not recognise it as a burner....apps used to try and burn included Windows media player / Itunes / CDBurnerXP and NONE of them recognise this drive as a burner. The latest microsoft driver is installed...Windows Device manager tells me this device is working properly. I have so far tried about five different fixes to this problem as found in this forum.. and none of them worked.

:)

DaveHallqh, May 8, 2021

2. DVD writer not recognised

My laptop DVD writer showed as such in device manager, but in Windows it only showed as a CD drive and would not recognise DVDs
    On the advice of a friend, I deleted the CD registry key, in the belief that are a reboot it would go back to normal.

unfortunaely it's not showing Anywhere now !!

dont know wha to do, need some advice please..

thanks
    UPDATE
    just tried this from 'tenforum'
    A fix that has worked for many people is to go in Device Manager and under "IDE ATA/Atapi controllers", delete both the channel 0 and channel 1 entries by uninstalling them. Then reboot the computer.

So so now I have a. CD Drive again, but not my original DVD writer...in Windows and just found an unknown device in device manager CD-ROM drive

reddwarf4ever, May 8, 2021
  3. DVD writer not recognised

UPDATE
    dont know why but the DVD writer is showing as CD drive in windows but does recognise a DVD
    In device manager it only shows as Unknown CD rom drive......so I assume it's not a hardware problem...
    how do I get this back to normal, please...imgburn said there were no filters.
    UPDATE 2
    i uninstalled the unknown drive then scanned for hardware changes, no difference
    after I ejected the DVD the drive now shows in windows as a DVD RW Drive ???
    but still shows as unknown in device manager...

reddwarf4ever, May 8, 2021
  4. Windows 10 pro not recognising my USB CD/DVD writer as a burning device

Surface 7 PRO/Windows 10 PRO doesn't recognize Verbatim External Slimline CD/DVD Writer device

I have a MS Surface 7 PRO
    running
    Windows 10 and it doesn't recognize my Verbatim external Slimline CD/DVD writer
    device. I plugged the device directly on my Surface 7 PRO with no luck; also plugged it on MS ducking station and no luck either.

I had an HP ProBook 4540s running Windows 8.1 about 2 years ago where Verbatim external Slimline CD/DVD writer device was working fine. As soon as I upgraded my
    HP ProBook 4540s to Windows 10 operating system, my Verbatim external Slimline CD/DVD writer device no longer works. It is a
    plug and play device and it doesn't work with Windows 10. I called Verbatim, they assured me there is nothing wrong with the device. They exchanged the device by shipping me a new Verbatim external Slimline CD/DVD writer.

I just bought Microsoft Surface 7 PRO tablet device running Windows 10 PRO O/S and it doesn't recognize my Verbatim device.
    Any suggestions please.

Sanya Soyemi, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 pro not recognising my USB CD/DVD writer as a burning device

1. Windows 10 pro not recognising my USB CD/DVD writer as a burning device - Similar Threads - pro recognising USB

2. cd writer won't burn discs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cd writer won't burn discs: I have a sandstrom cd writer but my win 10 HP laptop wont burn discs to it. Ive tried several programs and get the same error message saying check drivers or connection. It reads and plays cds and dvds fine just wont write....
  3. Sandstrom USB DVD/CD Writer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sandstrom USB DVD/CD Writer: Installed Sandstrom USB CD/DVD writer on Acer Laptop but doesn't work - keep getting Windows Code 32 error message. Tried deleting and reinstalling drivers but still doesn't work? Any help would be appreciated,...
  4. CD/DVD device won't burn DVD's

CD/DVD device won't burn DVD's: I am trying to burn a DVD using Roxio Creator, and also tried another software, but they start and seem to be working but the DVD ejects and won't burn the files. The device worked before the latest Windows update. I've tried burning a CD, and DVD+R DL with the same...
  5. External cd/dvd writer

External cd/dvd writer: I purchased a Verbatim Slimline cd/dvd writer and cannot get it installed on my Dell laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-writer/9b9479f9-7f37-419a-b192-df4925cbc8a9
  6. CD/DVD Burning

CD/DVD Burning: Why dont you have the burning software anymore? The apps in the store are horrible and not enough options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-burning/6e377ca9-f5eb-476f-be9e-c8bc0a7c327f
  7. DVD/cd writer cycling

DVD/cd writer cycling: I run W8.1 and 10130 on the same desktop. They are on separate SSD's and only plugged in one at a time. When 10130 is in and idle, the DVD/CD will cycle meaning it tries to do a read. Last's about 5 seconds and repeats every 3 minutes. The tray is empty. W8.1 does not repeat...
  8. DVD writer not recognised

DVD writer not recognised: My laptop DVD writer showed as such in device manager, but in Windows it only showed as a CD drive and would not recognise DVDs On the advice of a friend, I deleted the CD registry key, in the belief that are a reboot it would go back to normal. unfortunaely it's not...
  9. CD/DVD will not burn cd's

CD/DVD will not burn cd's: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit on a Toshiba L645D-4040 with a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ890AS CD/DVD drive. I cannot burn a cd with it, using 3 different programs. It plays DVD's and Cd's fine. I have searched for the answer for 5 hours now and cannot find a solution. 54701
  10. Burning DVD's or CD's in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Burning DVD's or CD's in Windows 10: I am not able to burn a Photo DVD in Windows 10. I had to save the photos on a portable drive and then save them to the desktop of my laptop which has Windows 7 Pro Anyone else have this problem? Better yet anyone have a soulutin. Dennis 17893