Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I need to use Windows 7 Pro due to hardware compatibility concern. I read from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChiamKok Thiam, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro

Hi,

I need to use Windows 7 Pro due to hardware compatibility concern. I read from

"http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/D/1/2D14FE17-66C2-4D4C-AF73-E122930B60F6/Windows-10-Volume-Licensing-Guide.pdf", page 14 that Windows 10 Pro OEM version is entitled to downgrade to Windows 7 Pro. I'm not sure if this can be done for multiple PC. I'm using these PC in custom made machines.

Thank you.

:)

ChiamKok Thiam, Apr 11, 2019
  2. ic_988 Win User

How to Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro

Understanding downgrade rights
    Updated 11/30/2016

Important: the information on this page is intended for system builders and the downgrade rights that apply to their customers. If you are a customer of a direct OEM, please contact your OEM for more information about downgrade rights. If
    you are a direct OEM, please contact your Microsoft Account Manager.

Downgrade and down-edition rights are an end-user right that Microsoft offers to customers for certain OEM products which meet the technical requirements for a Windows software downgrade. Downgrade rights are documented in the Microsoft Software License
    Terms that customers accept upon first running Windows and Windows Server software. Thanks to downgrade rights, end users who have acquired a later version of the software (such as Windows 10 Pro or Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard) can use an earlier version
    of the software until they are ready to migrate to a later version technology.

If a product includes downgrade rights, the license terms for that product will indicate which earlier versions of the software may be used.

Downgrade rights will vary depending on if the software was acquired via volume licensing, OEMs, or full packaged product (FPP).

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:

• Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7

Professional

Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:

• Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business

Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:

• Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version, as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet.

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.
    The downgrade process

Follow these steps to downgrade to an earlier version of Windows software:

• Use genuine Windows media and a corresponding product key for the version of Windows that is eligible for downgrade. The media/key should come from a previously licensed product from the OEM or retail channel.
    • End users who are licensed separately through Microsoft Volume Licensing (VL) may provide their VL media and key to a system builder to facilitate the downgrade on their own systems.
    • Insert the downgrade-eligible version of Windows media and follow the installation instructions.
    • Enter the product key.
    • If the software was previously activated, it cannot be activated online. In this case, the appropriate local Activation Support phone number will be displayed. Call the number and explain the circumstances. When it is determined that the end user has an
      eligible Windows license, the customer service representative will provide a single-use activation code to activate the software. Please note that Microsoft does not provide a full product key in this scenario.
    • Activate the software.
    For scenarios involving large volume downgrades, end users are encouraged to consider VL which provides the benefits of reimaging rights and volume activation, which can make the process of downgrading much easier.

Authorizing a third party to exercise downgrade rights for an end user

Because downgrade rights apply to end users, they are not designed for third-party facilitation, which has many complications. Also, such facilitation is not suitable for carrying out on a large scale.

ic_988, Apr 11, 2019
  3. FaiChiu Win User
    How to Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro

As a system builder, building and selling PC's I can't buy Windows 7 Pro anymore but I need it to run software that is not supported in windows 10.

What options do I have?

I have seen that Windows 10 Pro OEM has downgrade rights but what is the process to go through?

I have purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro OEM and have it here but when I call Microsoft they seem to have no notion of what downgrade rights are and they tell me to enter windows 7 key (which I can't buy).

Microsoft seems to offer the downgrade right but not allowing to activate.

FaiChiu, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro

" windows 7 professional (available through downgrade right from windows 10 pro)"

There are certain conditions attached with it.

1. Windows 10 Pro must have come preinstalled on a Dell, HP, etc. machine.

2. You contact the OEM (Computer manufactuer) about downgrading.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

https://www.microsoft.com/OEM/en/licensing/sblicensing/Pages/downgrade_rights.aspx#fbid=HOmGHEHCbpJ

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro

1. Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro - Similar Threads - Pro OEM downgrade

2. Downgrade From Win11 Pro OEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade From Win11 Pro OEM: Hi, is it possible to downgrade a PC from OEM Win 11 Pro to Win 10 Pro with the same license? There is an official Microsoft document for this?ThanksGabriele https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-from-win11-pro-oem/aaad5e74-dbce-459d-a2b3-6cfa48b72c84
  3. Downgrade From Win11 Pro OEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade From Win11 Pro OEM: Hi, is it possible to downgrade a PC from OEM Win 11 Pro to Win 10 Pro with the same license? There is an official Microsoft document for this?ThanksGabriele https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-from-win11-pro-oem/aaad5e74-dbce-459d-a2b3-6cfa48b72c84
  4. Windows 11 Pro OEM Downgrade right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro OEM Downgrade right: Hello,I have a question according to downgrade right. I'm buying assembled PC with installed Windows 11 Pro OEM. Is it legal to remove it and install Windows 10 Pro? If yes, how can I do it? I mean how can I get activation key.It's not about rollback. I'm asking is it legal...
  5. Windows 11 Pro OEM Downgrade right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro OEM Downgrade right: Hello,I have a question according to downgrade right. I'm buying assembled PC with installed Windows 11 Pro OEM. Is it legal to remove it and install Windows 10 Pro? If yes, how can I do it? I mean how can I get activation key.It's not about rollback. I'm asking is it legal...
  6. Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I would like to repurpose some old Win7 Pro OEM licensed desktops by performing an Upgrade to Windows 10 using the Microsoft Media creation tool. After performing the upgrade they will be joined to an AD domain. Now from license compliance perceptive do I need any other...
  7. Will Windows 7 Pro OEM key work for Windows 10 Pro?

Will Windows 7 Pro OEM key work for Windows 10 Pro?: Hi My laptop has Windows 10 Home but it came with a Windows 7 Pro OEM key by looking online every site I go to says I can do a clean install and put in my Windows 7 Pro key and it will activate Windows 10 Pro OEM on my laptop. I am wondering if this will work? I have a HP...
  8. New Windows 10 Pro license - is it possible to downgrade to the Windows 7 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows 10 Pro license - is it possible to downgrade to the Windows 7 Pro?: Hi there, is it possible to downgrade to the Windows 7Pro OS if I have a new Windows 10 Pro license? Some applications are incompatible with the Windows 10. Thanks!...
  9. Activating Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro OEM COA?

Activating Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro OEM COA?: Greetings. I have a question regarding Windows 10 activation. I have a system with a Windows 7 Pro COA, but I want to install Windows 10 via a clean install (the system is blank anyway) Can I use the key on the COA to activate Windows 10 Pro? Just wondering as the...
  10. Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!: Hello, I current have Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit installed from a Retail (not OEM) copy. If I read the tutorials correctly, I understand that if I install the free upgrade to Windows 10, there is no product key and it is tied to my hardware. Even if I create install media,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downgrade frpm win 10 to win 7 ultimate 64 bit full version free

2. downgrade rights windows 10 to windows 7

3. downgrade my microsoft phone to windows 7

4. downgrade win 10 to win 7 oem