Windows 10: Windows 10 pro OEM license swap from hdd to ssd?

Discus and support Windows 10 pro OEM license swap from hdd to ssd? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello there, i have a question, i have windows 10 OEM license and i want to upgrade my laptop with SSD. Can i move my actual license from hdd to my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by {Rin}, Feb 17, 2020.

1. {Rin} Win User

Windows 10 pro OEM license swap from hdd to ssd?

Hello there, i have a question, i have windows 10 OEM license and i want to upgrade my laptop with SSD. Can i move my actual license from hdd to my new ssd, and if i can how can i do that?

Thank you.

:)

{Rin}, Feb 17, 2020

2. Swap HDD between PCs with Win10

Hi,

I just bought a ASUG G20 gaming PC that comes with a 1TB HDD and a OEM Win10 installed with a digital key. I have a custom built Win10 PC with a 500GB SSD and a Win10 digital license (from a Win8 upgrade) linked to my account.

Can I from a Win10 license point-of-view simply swap the HDD over and expect the licenses to function correctly?

My worry is that the OEM license will not work on my custom built PC and that I cannot swap the licenses "around" - any suggestions on how this functions?

Regards

Jeppe

Jeppe Funk, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Windows OEM Licensed - SSD Upgrade

Hi guys,

wanna ask, I just bought new laptop with Installed OEM Windows 10 SL inside,

Then I wanna replace my HDD into SSD *upgrade.

So can the OEM licensed used again in the new SSD ? or What should I do to transfer the OEM licensed from the HDD into new SSD, is it possible ? Thanks

Albi Putra, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 pro OEM license swap from hdd to ssd?

Windows 10 Pro lost Pro license

Hiya.

I've got a PC running windows 10 pro here with a windows activation error.

It says that it can only find a digital license for Win 10 Home. I had previously upgraded it to pro, but i swapped out the hdd for an ssd and it won't reactivate.

How can I reactivate it on Pro?

appreciate the suggestions.

Alex

Alex Hayden-Gilbert, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 pro OEM license swap from hdd to ssd?

1. Windows 10 pro OEM license swap from hdd to ssd? - Similar Threads - pro OEM license

2. Windows OEM transfer from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows OEM transfer from HDD to SSD: Hi, I decided to purchase a SSD, so the problem is that I have windows activated with an OEM key in my HDD, I know that the OEM key is linked to the Motherboard, so if I install the SSD, will I have windows activated in both HDD and SSD?Thanks in advance....
  3. Windows OEM transfer from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows OEM transfer from HDD to SSD: Hi, I decided to purchase a SSD, so the problem is that I have windows activated with an OEM key in my HDD, I know that the OEM key is linked to the Motherboard, so if I install the SSD, will I have windows activated in both HDD and SSD?Thanks in advance....
  4. Windows OEM transfer from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transferring OEM windows 10 pro from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring OEM windows 10 pro from HDD to SSD: Hi,I have the HP 250 G4 and I have windows 10 pro installed onto the Hard Drive inside the laptop. I recently purchased a Solid State Drive so I could get better performance out of the laptop as it is for school and I’ll need quite a few tasks running at once. I went into...
  6. Transferring OEM windows 10 pro from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring OEM windows 10 pro from HDD to SSD: Hi,I have the HP 250 G4 and I have windows 10 pro installed onto the Hard Drive inside the laptop. I recently purchased a Solid State Drive so I could get better performance out of the laptop as it is for school and I’ll need quite a few tasks running at once. I went into...
  7. Transferring OEM windows 10 pro from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Swapping a HDD for an SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swapping a HDD for an SSD: I am swapping an HDD for a Samsung SSD in an HP Pavilion Laptop, what would be the easiest way to make a clean install of windows on the SSD? I don't want to clone the drives since the HDD is extremely slow and I don't need most of the files. submitted by /u/VolphanGaming...
  9. HDD to SSD, Swapping Mobo too (OEM License)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD to SSD, Swapping Mobo too (OEM License): Hey guys! I’m in the process of upgrading/changing my parts. Switching from Intel to a Ryzen 7 3700x and B550 ROG -F Strix Gaming. I will also be switching boot priority to the 1 Tb SSD. I currently have a 1 Tb HDD that I want to transfer files over to the SSD. I also have an...
  10. Migrate Win 10 Pro from OEM HDD to internal PCIe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate Win 10 Pro from OEM HDD to internal PCIe SSD: Migrate Win 10 Pro from OEM HDD to PCIe SSD Computer: DELL Precision 5820 Tower Workstation. OEM installed Windows 10Pro 64-bit (with latest updates). The OEM System included installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS on SATA Hard drive. The BIOS is UEFI with Secure Boot enabled and...