Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro OEM transfer to new laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro OEM transfer to new laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, So I have the following conundrum. My company purchased me a Windows 10 Pro OEM licence, which I installed on my laptop and have been using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Roli901, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Roli901 Win User

Windows 10 Pro OEM transfer to new laptop

Hi all,

So I have the following conundrum.

My company purchased me a Windows 10 Pro OEM licence, which I installed on my laptop and have been using ever since,
    but it is an old laptop and I have just upgraded. The new laptop came with a Windows 10 Home edition.

My question is the following:

How could I transfer the Windows 10 Pro on my new laptop so it gets activated and all?
    My second question would be, that could the Windows 10 Home licence be transferred from my new laptop to my old one?
    So basically I want the new laptop to contain the old laptop's Windows 10 Pro and vice versa, the old laptop to have the Windows 10 Home edition.

Is there a solution for this?
    Thank you all for the help in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Roli

:)

Roli901, Feb 5, 2020

2. Transfer Windows 10 Pro License to New PC - From OEM

Hi,

I have a Dell OEM Windows 10 and I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro. However, I am planning to buy

an Alienware 15 R3 laptop (with of course a Windows Home OEM installed).

Is it possible to transfer my Windows 10 Pro License to the new laptop that I will buy?

Thank you.

KrisCorazo, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Can I transfer windows 10 pro which is installed in my laptop to windows 10 home which in installed in my computer

Unfortunately, because the laptop came 'preinstalled' with Windows 10 Pro, it cannot be transferred because it is OEM licenses. Only retail licenses have transfer rights.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 5, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

From the link I quoted:

dalchina, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro OEM transfer to new laptop - Similar Threads - Pro OEM transfer

2. Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop: Hello All,I recently bought a new laptop that comes with Windows 11 home single language pre-installed OEM, I have my old laptop which has windows 10 Pro activated and it's linked to my MS account. I upgraded that from Microsoft store, which is retail license. my old laptop...
  3. Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows 10 pro License to new laptop: Hello All,I recently bought a new laptop that comes with Windows 11 home single language pre-installed OEM, I have my old laptop which has windows 10 Pro activated and it's linked to my MS account. I upgraded that from Microsoft store, which is retail license. my old laptop...
  4. Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.: So basically I've had the same issue as the person in this thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-and-activate-a-windows-10-pro-license-on/9b61f3e4-132d-4831-92d2-e2aa7966a914my old laptop was a macbook pro 2012 running windows via bootcamp....
  5. How to transfer window 10 Pro to my new laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer window 10 Pro to my new laptop?: Hi, I have upgraded my windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro a while ago, my laptop has an issue and the manufacturer offed to replace it, my windows 10 pro product key channel is retail and I come to know its transferable. What is doesn’t know is how to transfer window...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from OLD laptop to --> New laptop's OEM Windows 10 home

Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from OLD laptop to --> New laptop's OEM Windows 10 home: Hello there, My old laptop has retired which came with DOS, I bought "Windows 7 pro" for it; then later upgraded it to "Win 10 pro" as Microsoft was generous to let me do that for free. Now I bought a new laptop which has OEM "Windows 10 Home", I wish to make use of...
  7. Transfer windows 10 pro upgrade to new laptop

Transfer windows 10 pro upgrade to new laptop: Hi, I purchased new laptop with pre installed windows 10 home and I upgraded it to windows 10 pro through Microsoft store. after two day the new laptop started playing up so I send it back to the shop and they exchange and gave me a new one with pre installed windows...
  8. Can I transfer ssd with Windows 10 pro OEM license to a new machine?

Can I transfer ssd with Windows 10 pro OEM license to a new machine?: I have a query, please help me. I have a new laptop where I want to install an old ssd drive with Windows 10 pro. Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-ssd-with-windows-10-pro-oem-license/4ba35314-9e09-4b99-8c51-7d196c1038ea
  9. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to a new laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to a new laptop: How can I find the product code for my retail purchased Windows 10 Pro? I do not have the confirmation email from the time of purchase. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-pro-to-a-new-laptop/74c1c3e5-faf0-4845-85fa-8c8c4642482c"
  10. Windows 10 Pro transfer to new laptop

Windows 10 Pro transfer to new laptop: I did a stupid thing with my laptop that I purchased from Best Buy store open box laptop. I purchased a windows 10 pro license before I knew it has enterprise... never expected it to have enterprise, but it did. So I used pro for a few months and now I have a new laptop...