Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro OEM Upgrade Fail

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro OEM Upgrade Fail in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good day, Community. The details of my post are very strange, but here goes. I have a Toshiba Z70-A laptop PC that I upgraded to Windows 10 Home via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Neal O'Connor, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro OEM Upgrade Fail

Good day, Community. The details of my post are very strange, but here goes. I have a Toshiba Z70-A laptop PC that I upgraded to Windows 10 Home via Microsoft's free digital license upgrade. I recently serviced the laptop by swapping both SSD drives into their opposite drive bays. My data drive was in Disc 0 position; my system drive in Drive 1 position. I just wanted to place each drive where they should be placed. When I booted the PC, I received the "No bootable device - restart the system" message. I tweaked around in the boot menu, but nada. So I moved each drive back to their l

:)

Neal O'Connor, Jul 23, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Dennis Mop, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Pro OEM Upgrade Fail

Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Pro using OEM Disc and key

Hi, Andre

I have the same problem. I have a Windows 10 Pro OEM key and can't enter it directly to force the upgrade.

I read that even if I follow your suggestion, I won't be able to activate the Win 10 Pro (obtained via your easy upgrade method) with my OEM key.

Can you confirm that the OEM key will work to activate the Windows 10 Pro obtained via easy upgrade?

Thanks

Bruno

BrunoPascoal, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro OEM Upgrade Fail

1. Windows 10 Pro OEM Upgrade Fail - Similar Threads - Pro OEM Upgrade

2. Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro: Hello,I purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Home OEM license. I'd like to upgrade it to Pro and I have a few questions.1 If I purchase the retails license and apply on this Windows 10 Home in order to upgrade, will this newly upgraded Windows 10 Pro become OEM or it will be...
  3. Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro: Hello,I purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Home OEM license. I'd like to upgrade it to Pro and I have a few questions.1 If I purchase the retails license and apply on this Windows 10 Home in order to upgrade, will this newly upgraded Windows 10 Pro become OEM or it will be...
  4. Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I would like to repurpose some old Win7 Pro OEM licensed desktops by performing an Upgrade to Windows 10 using the Microsoft Media creation tool. After performing the upgrade they will be joined to an AD domain. Now from license compliance perceptive do I need any other...
  5. Windows 10 Home OEM upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home OEM upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop running Win 10 Home, I also have an older PC that was running Windows 10 Pro, this PC is now dead and will never be used again. I have tried to upgrade my laptop using the product key from the dead PC but get an error message that I don't have a...
  6. Pro OEM upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pro OEM upgrade: Hi all, Reading multiple topics including on Microsoft knowledge pages, Is it possible (has anyone managed) to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using Microsoft’s generic key, then activating with a Pro OEM key after the upgrade within Settings>Update>Activation? submitted...
  7. Upgrade to windows 10 pro from oem 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to windows 10 pro from oem 10: So if I buy the upgrade will it be oem pro or retail pro? submitted by /u/Pikachujkl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvdnse/upgrade_to_windows_10_pro_from_oem_10/
  8. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  9. Windows 10 Pro OEM - Upgrade

Windows 10 Pro OEM - Upgrade: Hi I bought a new PC with Windows 10 Pro OEM on DVD. With this PC I d like to use my old SSD drive. So I insert an old SSD drive in my new computer but I can not install Windows 10 Pro OEM on it. SSD drive was installed with Windows 10 Home OEM before. I boot my new Win 10...
  10. OEM windows 10 Pro fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM windows 10 Pro fail: Hello, I bought a refurbished computer with OEM window 10 Pro before. Now the Windows system fails to start. I want to reinstall the Windows. But I have not Windows install or recovery CD and I did not create a recovery disk. The computer has out off warranty. I only have...