Windows 10: Windows*10 Pro OEM version Licence Key Validation

Discus and support Windows*10 Pro OEM version Licence Key Validation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greeting to all Users here! Guys, I have a question about a license of Windows*10 a bought from an authorized reseller. Before I do that, I'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ALEKCr, Aug 3, 2020.

1. ALEKCr Win User

Windows*10 Pro OEM version Licence Key Validation

Greeting to all Users here!

Guys, I have a question about a license of Windows*10 a bought from an authorized reseller. Before I do that, I'll explain the rest of the story.

-A week ago I bought an HP laptop that comes with Windows*10 Home version installed and together with it, I bought a license to upgrade/install the version of Windows*10 Pro this one comes with an installation CD. The laptop I have does not have a CD/DVD reader so I just tried to change the product key and to my surprise, when I inserted the product key it came up with an error.

So, my question is the following: Is there a way a can check and/or validate the license and make sure it was not installed somewhere else? The label containing the license key was intact and I had to scrape off this seal to actually see the license.

I am looking forward to hearing from you all.

Thank you in advance.

:)

ALEKCr, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Chryonn Win User

Two OEM licence keys (different Windows versions) on one PC

Hello,
    I'm in the process of building another PC and I want to know if it's possible for two versions of Windows to reside next to each other legitimately. I would have windows 7 and 10 as a dual-boot system. So if I buy OEM keys and activate them would one de-activate the other? I know that OEM licence keys are bound to the mobo and are irrevocable. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chryonn, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Installed with OEM 8.1 key is valid?

Hi,

When I install clean Windows 10 on a PC with an OEM 8.1 key it activate automatically.

Is this, for licencing purposes, valid?

If I have the purchased licence for 8.1 and w10 installed, can this generate any microsoft licencing issues?

CFCastagna, Aug 3, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Hi shockwaveriderz

If you previously used that Windows Pro OEM licence on another PC, you cannot use that on your new laptop, that licence will be tied to the original motherboard

If you have not previously used that Pro OEM licence, you can use that on the new laptop, that licence will then replace the Home OEM Key on the motherboard of the new laptop . . .

DaveM121, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows*10 Pro OEM version Licence Key Validation - Similar Threads - Windows*10 Pro OEM

2. Windows Pro licence key non-oem on oem devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro licence key non-oem on oem devices: Hi,I bought a new ASUS laptop Laptop A with windows 10 OEM pre-installed. I do not have a record of this keyI performed the free upgrade on laptop A that was permitted at the time to windows 11I then installed a windows 8 PRO key standalone / non-Oem that I bought years ago...
  3. Windows Pro licence key non-oem on oem devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro licence key non-oem on oem devices: Hi,I bought a new ASUS laptop Laptop A with windows 10 OEM pre-installed. I do not have a record of this keyI performed the free upgrade on laptop A that was permitted at the time to windows 11I then installed a windows 8 PRO key standalone / non-Oem that I bought years ago...
  4. Windows 10 pro oem key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro oem key: Hello, I have an OEM windows 10 pro key, but the code VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T from Microsoft does not work to get me from the home version to the pro version. Help!...
  5. Windows 10 OEM licence

Windows 10 OEM licence: Hi,I need some clarification. I have read that OEM licence should be preinstalled by system builder on PC. My question is this, if i dont buy PC as whole , rather i buy components that they shop will put together and I buy OEM licence in same shop does that qualify legaly...
  6. Cheap Windows 10 Licence Keys.... OEM Keys

Cheap Windows 10 Licence Keys.... OEM Keys: I have bought multiple laptops that have had OEM windows 10 packaged. I recently built my own pc and am wanting to activate windows 10. After looking on the Microsoft website I saw that the licenses are rather expensive, however, the trial version I have on my pc is perfectly...
  7. Windows 10 pro OEM version

Windows 10 pro OEM version: i wanted to know if it is legal to use windows 10 Pro OEM key to activate my unactivated windows 10 pro windows on my assembled machine for my personal use ? Also if I boaght it on Ebay and got the key via msg without physical media and and no COA does that make it properly...
  8. OEM Version of Windows 10 Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    OEM Version of Windows 10 Pro: Hi, Where can I get the instructions to install win 10 pro on my current windows 8.1 desktop? I tried it once with no luck. According to Frye's Electronics' it will take some tools that I can download from Microsoft. I'm not sure where I can get them and which ones....
  9. Windows 10 pro licence key

Windows 10 pro licence key: Hi all, I need help with activating Win 10. I'm trying to activate my Windows using product key I purchased for my old laptop that just died. I purchased new laptop and I'm trying to activate Windows 10 on my new laptop using my old key but I keep getting errors that says...
  10. windows 10 pro licence key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro licence key: I had a hp elitebook with windows 8 licenced and downloaded the windows 10 pro upgrade which was free and as i understand with this it becomes a digital licence. Now that laptop has gone to pasture and i bought another laptop and used the same windows 10 which i downloaded...