Windows 10: Windows 10 pro on new SSD and leaveWindows 7 Pro on HDD while migrating files? Can both OS...

Discus and support Windows 10 pro on new SSD and leaveWindows 7 Pro on HDD while migrating files? Can both OS... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an older Dell Optiplex 790 with a quad-core i5 - a really great machine and a great chassis. I have chosen to update/upgrade it rather than just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by beckyb12, Aug 9, 2019.

1. beckyb12 Win User

Windows 10 pro on new SSD and leaveWindows 7 Pro on HDD while migrating files? Can both OS...

I have an older Dell Optiplex 790 with a quad-core i5 - a really great machine and a great chassis. I have chosen to update/upgrade it rather than just purchasing something new - which is not in our budget right now.

Is is possible to clean install the Windows 10 Professional on the newly acquired 1T Crucial SSD but LEAVE Windows 7 Professional fully operational on the 1T WD Blue HDD currently operating in the computer?

I don't want to just do a disk image and move EVERYthing over to the new drive. My ultimate goal is to run the "new" OS (10 pro) and load all of my software on the SSD and save my files on the HDD. It's going to be a lengthy process because I have 3 (sadly, yes, 3) computers (one Dell laptop, one MacBook Air, and the Optiplex 790 Mini Tower that ALL need to be gone through, files weeded out, updated, etc. - PLUS I want to ensure that my software all works properly with Windows 10 Professional - which I still do not like as well as Windows 7 professional.

Can anyone answer these questions? I have been able to LOAD my purchased copy of Windows 10 Pro on the Crucial SSD - BUT it doesn't see the internet, doesn't connect with our homegroup, etc. I figure that there are ports and resources that are only available to ONE predominant OS per computer.

Many thanks,

beckyb12

:)

beckyb12, Aug 9, 2019

2. migrate(easiest) or reinstall win 10 pro on ssd...?

I had win 81 pro and upgraded to 10 pro... hdd...

Now plan to migrate to ssd... what is best...?

migrate(easiest) or reinstall win 10 pro on ssd...(hardest) ?

Lse123polis, Aug 9, 2019
  3. migrate(easiest) or reinstall win 10 pro on ssd...?

This thread is now far off the OP, which was

I had win 81 pro and upgraded to 10 pro... hdd...

Now plan to migrate to ssd... what is best...?

migrate(easiest) or reinstall win 10 pro on ssd...(hardest) ?

Cbarnhorst, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 pro on new SSD and leaveWindows 7 Pro on HDD while migrating files? Can both OS...

Migration OS to a new SSD

I have a 1 TB HDD whit Win 10 home. Yesterday i bought a new 500 Gb SSD and I would know how i can migrate only mine OS and not all my file. Is it possible? how i can do it? A friend told me i can install windows 10 from the Microsoft site for free, and
    put my product key of the os of the old hdd in this new ssd. Is it true? Because i can't find this.

igorcasciotti, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 pro on new SSD and leaveWindows 7 Pro on HDD while migrating files? Can both OS...

1. Windows 10 pro on new SSD and leaveWindows 7 Pro on HDD while migrating files? Can both OS... - Similar Threads - pro SSD leaveWindows

2. MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD: Hi,If I just migrate my Windows 10 from HDD to SSD but since my HDD has two other drives-D & E, besides C; so after that, if I change the boot option to SSD from HDD as shown above, will the data on drives D & E of my HDD will be formatted as well since I'm just migrating my...
  3. MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD: Hi,If I just migrate my Windows 10 from HDD to SSD but since my HDD has two other drives-D & E, besides C; so after that, if I change the boot option to SSD from HDD as shown above, will the data on drives D & E of my HDD will be formatted as well since I'm just migrating my...
  4. MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Replacing HDD by SSD While maintaining the windows 10 pro OEM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing HDD by SSD While maintaining the windows 10 pro OEM: I have a windows 10 pro OEM software license and I want to replace the HDD with SSD how can transfer the license from HDD to the SSD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-hdd-by-ssd-while-maintaining-the-windows/ce5af199-e838-48df-b4f1-b3eec56b7e03
  6. Windows 10 PRO OS migration from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 PRO OS migration from HDD to SSD: Hi, I have dell inspiron 3542 with Windows 10 Pro genuine version in HDD, and it's digitally activated while upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro, I backed up my product ID in Microsoft account, But yesterday I had inserted 2nd SSD caddy in DVD slot, I tried to migrate OS...
  7. Migrating Windows OS to new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Migrating Windows OS to new SSD: Hi all, I have an HP Envy that currently has a 1TB HDD, but I'm expecting a new machine, a Lenovo Thinkpad P53, in the following week or so. That configuration also has a 1TB HDD, however, I also bought an extra 500GB SSD from Crucial and made sure it's compatible with the...
  8. migrating OS to new ssd

migrating OS to new ssd: How can I migrate my os to my new ssd without going through any updates and so forth? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrating-os-to-new-ssd/e6936d37-08ae-469a-b831-f77b68db6072
  9. Migrate Win 10 Pro from OEM HDD to internal PCIe SSD

Migrate Win 10 Pro from OEM HDD to internal PCIe SSD: Migrate Win 10 Pro from OEM HDD to PCIe SSD Computer: DELL Precision 5820 Tower Workstation. OEM installed Windows 10Pro 64-bit (with latest updates). The OEM System included installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS on SATA Hard drive. The BIOS is UEFI with Secure Boot enabled and...
  10. new laptop: Is it possible to migrate OS from SSD to HDD (yes to HDD)

in Windows 10 Support
    new laptop: Is it possible to migrate OS from SSD to HDD (yes to HDD): Hi, I recently bought an MSI GL62 6QF laptop and unfortunately although it is an excellent laptop it has some limitation that might urge me to return it system: 128 GB SSD in M.2 PCI-e (Windows pre-installed here) 1 TB HDD If you could help me I would like to know...