Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - Password change issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - Password change issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When trying to change password and password hint, after changes are entered a message pops up that Windows cannot change the password. Then a message... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Norm STL, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Norm STL Win User

Windows 10 Pro - Password change issues

When trying to change password and password hint, after changes are entered a message pops up that Windows cannot change the password. Then a message that the system will restart in 1 minute. After restart, the password actually has changed but the password hint remains unchanged.

:)

Norm STL, Nov 25, 2020

2. Issues with changing Homegroup password on Windows 10.

Hi Dubya,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the HomeGroup password and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "HomeGroup" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on Change the password.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with changing HomeGroup password, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 25, 2020
  3. D_o_S Win User
    10 most commonly used online passwords

Newlaunches.com has managed to obtain a list of the most commonly used passwords from the upcoming May 8th issue of PC Magazine.

The passwords are below:

1. password
    2. 123456
    3. qwerty
    4. abc123
    5. letmein
    6. monkey
    7. myspace1
    8. password1
    9. blink182
    10. (your first name)

If you are using any of these passwords, it is strongly advised that you change them ASAP.

Source: New Launches

D_o_S, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro - Password change issues

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro - Password change issues

1. Windows 10 Pro - Password change issues - Similar Threads - Pro Password change

2. Mail password change issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail password change issue: I changed my password for my ATT mail account that was one of the accounts added in the Win10 mail app. It then needed to be changed in the Mail app. Each attempt to change the password was met with a message that the account needed attention. Seems like going around in...
  3. Windows 10 Pro unable to change laptop password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro unable to change laptop password: I can't change my laptop password I can't see the option to change my laptop password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-unable-to-change-laptop-password/2a6540a9-6f2c-4fb3-922e-c524ea48d64d
  4. Windows 10 Pro change from PIN to Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro change from PIN to Password: I just got a new computer with Windows 10 Professional. In setting it up I created a PIN. I don't recall setting a password. I'm pretty sure I didn't. I now want to use a software application that requires a password, not a PIN. Using my PIN to access the account, I go...
  5. WINDOWS 10 password change

WINDOWS 10 password change: how to change your windows 10 login password fpr security reasons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-password-change/2ba4016a-95fd-44f4-8097-ddcc95ce2c9e"
  6. Windows 10 Password Change

Windows 10 Password Change: My local password expired and Windows 10 is returning that my new password does not meet the length, complexity or history requirements of my domain. I have tried entering multiple passwords thay do meet the requirements and receive the error message every time....
  7. Windows SIGN-IN issues: Changing Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows SIGN-IN issues: Changing Password: I've attempted to do this THREE times over the last three days and I get the same message! I want to CHANGE my password for Windows Sign-In. I've gone to Settings>Accounts>Sign-in options>Password>Change...when prompted I.. Entered my Windows PIN for verification......
  8. Windows 10 password issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 password issue: I had windows 7 professional on my custom build PC. When I turned the computer on, I had two accounts. Admin and my personal local account. Neither of them had a password. -I recently updated to windows 10 through the Windows update. The installation went through fine. I...
  9. Windows 10 Pro No Password Change Notification on Domain

Windows 10 Pro No Password Change Notification on Domain: Hello I have had several complaints from my users about not getting any warning notification before their passwords expire. I have checked our local group policy and it is set to notify 5 days before a password expires. I am thinking I might have accidentally turned of the...
  10. unable to change win10 pro password

unable to change win10 pro password: I set up my local user password on my new PC but tried to change it in Settings but clicked on the Change tab nothing happened just got a quick hourglass timer icon. This is so frustrating such a simple thing made difficult by MS Please advise 65196