Windows 10: windows 10 pro photo app not wolrking and has taken all my photos away, it comes up black...

Discus and support windows 10 pro photo app not wolrking and has taken all my photos away, it comes up black... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how do I get my photos back from windows 10o photo app if it does not work I have lost over 100 photos in different categories.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by larry and velma, Apr 26, 2019.

1. windows 10 pro photo app not wolrking and has taken all my photos away, it comes up black...

how do I get my photos back from windows 10o photo app if it does not work I have lost over 100 photos in different categories.

:)

larry and velma, Apr 26, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Ben N Win User
    Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Apr 26, 2019
  4. windows 10 pro photo app not wolrking and has taken all my photos away, it comes up black...

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 pro photo app not wolrking and has taken all my photos away, it comes up black...

1. windows 10 pro photo app not wolrking and has taken all my photos away, it comes up black... - Similar Threads - pro photo app

2. Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...: I have an issue with videos not sorting chronologically as to date taken in Windows 11 Photo App. Photos all sort properly by date taken. Today I exported some old videos and photos from Apple's Photo Library app onto a flash drive and then imported into Windows app, using...
  3. Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...: I have an issue with videos not sorting chronologically as to date taken in Windows 11 Photo App. Photos all sort properly by date taken. Today I exported some old videos and photos from Apple's Photo Library app onto a flash drive and then imported into Windows app, using...
  4. Where is the video editor in the Photo App. It will not come up. I enjoyed the Photo App...

Where is the video editor in the Photo App. It will not come up. I enjoyed the Photo App...: Where is the video editor in the Photo App. It will not come up. I enjoyed the Photo App but now with Windows 10 it's soooo complicated!!!...
  5. Windows 10 Pro has no Photos app

Windows 10 Pro has no Photos app: Hi, My Laptop has Windows 10 but has no Photo app installed for some bizarre reason. If I go onto the Microsoft Store and try and install in from there, it wont let me do it and say's not signed into device even though I am signed in from PC. Any Suggestions will be...
  6. Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App

Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App: I was editing photos today in my Photos App in Windows 10. I have hundreds of photos, so I always just click "Save" when I'm done editing, instead of "Save a Copy" because I don't want to have to go back later and delete the originals. After hitting "Save" for a couple of...
  7. Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?: My Windows 10 Photo App used to have a featured box that automatically displayed all the photos I took or downloaded on today's date in past years. I think I accidentally deleted that box and I see no option to bring it back. Is there a way to restore this feature so that...
  8. Where was this photo taken?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where was this photo taken?: My corporate issued laptop must have some restrictions so the info icon is not showing up. Can anyone tell where this photo is from? Thanks [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/where-was-this-photo-taken/254880ff-ba3e-447f-b477-3b209d8d56b5
  9. My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.

My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.: My photo app has for Windows 10 has blanked out all of my photos. All of the folders and photos are still there, but it is just a blank grey. I do not think I have done anything to change any settings. I have not downloaded anything. When I try to view a photo, the viewer...
  10. My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.

My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.: My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey. The icon on the toolbar is also blanked out in grey. The photos still exist (I think) because they are all still represented in the same spaces in the same folders. It is just that it is a plain grey space. When I double...