Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro policy to block Edge extensions doesn't work

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro policy to block Edge extensions doesn't work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am using group policy editor in Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041 Build 19041 to try to block Microsoft Edge from allowing extensions. I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by anonymous_450, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro policy to block Edge extensions doesn't work

Hi, I am using group policy editor in Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041 Build 19041 to try to block Microsoft Edge from allowing extensions.

I went to Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates --> Windows Components --> Microsoft Edge, and there disabled Allow Extensions. Rebooted the computer and I can still access Edge Extensions. I even did the same thing under User Configuration with the same results.

I'm able to use policy editor to control windows functions like Command Prompt access and Registry access.

Any idea why the Edge policy isn't working?

Thanks.

:)

anonymous_450, Sep 16, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 Pro policy to block Edge extensions doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

It is now 6 weeks since I upgraded to 10 and Windows Edge still does not work correctly.

I cannot download anything with Edge (or ie11). It includes all sites eg, Microsoft, Logitech, Epson etc.

Dynamic links do not work and it doesn`t remember my log-in details although it asks if I want it to remember them.

Favourites do not get put on the favourites bar although I click on that option.

I have done all the advice I`ve been given, ie disable anti-virus etc.

Why do they have a Windows support tile if it doesn`t work?

Can anybody help me?

Graham Laughlan, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro policy to block Edge extensions doesn't work

Activation of Windows 10 Pro doesn´t work

Hallo, i can´t activate my windows 10 Pro (free upgrade from windows 7);

Info: 0xC0EA000A

Manual activation doesn´t work either.

Important (i think): I had to re-install windows 10 (3 or even 4 times). because I had massive problems with "Start and Cortana Issues".

I hope, I don´t have to search the old product key.

PS. Yes, Windows 7 was genuine.

MichalMichalczyk, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro policy to block Edge extensions doesn't work

1. Windows 10 Pro policy to block Edge extensions doesn't work - Similar Threads - Pro policy block

2. Your admin has blocked Extension; Cannot enable or disable Edge extensions

in Windows 10 News
    Your admin has blocked Extension; Cannot enable or disable Edge extensions: If you are unable to enable or disable Edge extensions, the respective button is grayed out, or you see a message Your admin has blocked [extension-name] error message while installing an extension, then this post will help you. These errors appear when someone blocks the...
  3. Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website: I am using Windows 10 home version. I find it is difficult to block installing edge extension in edge browser and my child can easily access any website they wish. I seek the internet and find a way to edit registry by adding Extensions registry string 0. But it does not...
  4. Edge Extensions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Extensions: Hi, While regularly browsing with the new Edge I end up with around 90 or so process for around 30ish tabs. These 90 processes bring the app to an absolute crawl using roughly 70% cpu usage on a 3930k and around 70% memory usage on 32gb ddr3 ram. I feel like this is most...
  5. Edge extensions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge extensions: Is there still no way to stop Edge from turning off extensions automatically? I use an S/MIME extension that it likes to turn off and it's a pain in the ass to have to shut everything down and log back into my work email every time it does it. submitted by /u/dronesitter...
  6. blocked extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blocked extensions: Mailapp has blocked some file extensions, python.py files for example, which I need the most. Can anyone help me out to change in security settings in windows 10 or for Mail app to allow the blocked file extensions. Thank you....
  7. Edge EXTENSIONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge EXTENSIONS: Is there any way of getting the TIME and DATE on to Edge Extension/Taskbar ? And - when will the new Edge with Chrome extensions be released ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-extensions/10b0f99f-4c15-4e35-97e9-3a6cffd80b09
  8. Edge Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Edge Extensions: I have a Dell Latitude 10 ST2E Table running Windows 10 Ver. 1607, Build 14393.2551. I had the RoboForm Extension Installed. On one of the recent updates, the extension disappeared. If I go back into the Microsoft Store to download it, it says you own this product but the...
  9. KB4016240 win 10 pro: disable lock screen policy doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    KB4016240 win 10 pro: disable lock screen policy doesn't work: Subject. It's like the patch hasn't been applied at all. Regedit entry is there, gpedit policy is enabled. It's interesting that PRO sku is not mentioned in the description. [img] 83573
  10. Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Edge extensions: Does MS Edge support add-ons/extensions? I use Last Pass & xmarks in Firefox, IE and Chrome. Is it possible to use them in Edge? Thanks. 13599