Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My neighbors W10 Pro computer need refreshing so I used the creation tool to reinstall Windows. I set it up as a local account with no password and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lenberman, Jul 12, 2019.

1. lenberman Win User

Windows 10 Pro problem

My neighbors W10 Pro computer need refreshing so I used the creation tool to reinstall Windows. I set it up as a local account with no password and thought I was done with it. Now, a month later, my neighbor calls me and her computer is displaying a message asking her to change her password (a Window Pro thing). The problem is without knowing the current password (none) I can't make a new password and there doesn't seem a way past this issue. Please help.
    Len

:)

lenberman, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 Pro problem

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro problem

1. Windows 10 Pro problem - Similar Threads - Pro problem

2. Win10 Pro Sleep Problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Pro Sleep Problems: My computer keeps waking from sleep and often pc likes to reset during wake up, forcing RGB settings to reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro-sleep-problems/4e0e293e-a68a-4f96-9fee-c9554fe0967e
  3. Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro: When I type in a search word and click the DOCUMENTS TAB, Windows 10 WILLl find Lotus Word Pro (.LWP) and Amipro (.sam) FILES with that search word, but unlike WORD documents, will NOT find the file CONTAINING the word. For instance, if I search for PIANO, Windows 10 search...
  4. Problem doing a clean install of Windows 10 on Windows Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem doing a clean install of Windows 10 on Windows Surface Pro 4: Hi, I am trying to fix the MBR on Windows Surface Pro 4 so as to install a fresh copy of windows 10 . Any Ideas how to go about this ? Just so you know I am running into issues as if It seems like hard drive is locked and every time I try and do a clean install of Windows...
  5. Problem doing a clean install of Windows 10 on Windows Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem doing a clean install of Windows 10 on Windows Surface Pro 4: I am trying to fix the MBR on Windows Surface Pro 4 so as to install a fresh copy of windows 10 . Any Ideas how to go about this ? Just so you know I am running into issues as if It seems like hard drive is locked and every time I try and do a clean install of Windows 10 on...
  6. Problem with buying visual studio 2019 pro stand alone license

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem with buying visual studio 2019 pro stand alone license: I'm trying to buy visual studio 2019 pro, and encounter this problem Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. rTTpBfNjeEaS/3cA.20 2019/08/18 - 09:08:21 UTC I tried my paypal account, credit card....
  7. WINDOWS 10 Pro ISSUE, activation Problem product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA042

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 Pro ISSUE, activation Problem product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA042: Hi please help unable to activate windows 10 Pro don't have the product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-issue-activation-problem-product-id/45afb366-4287-4d75-8565-956392080a31"
  8. HP SSD Recognition Problem in Win 10 Pro 64 bit OS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP SSD Recognition Problem in Win 10 Pro 64 bit OS: I have a HP S700 128 GB SSD. On one computer it is recognized as a hard drive and I can view files normally. On the other computer it is recognized as an USB storage device and you cannot see or access the files. What is the issue here?...
  9. Retail Windows 10 pro activation problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retail Windows 10 pro activation problem: I recently upgraded my pc parts entirely (mobo,cpu,gpu,ssd,hdd) and wanted to transfer my license from the old pc to the new one. The windows version I had was a win 7 professional and I had upgraded it to win 10 pro with the free upgrade Retail version. I tried activating...
  10. Access File Problem in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access File Problem in Windows 10 Pro: I have 2 desktops one running win10 and the other running win10 pro. The Win10 Pro can see files on WIN10 but the Win10 can not see files on WIN10 Pro. It states access is not available. All permissions have been given full control and still access is denied. Dell support...