Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased Windows 10 Pro on Amazon on 1/16/2019 for work. Installed in on a desktop workstation, no problem. Then decommissioned the workstation last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Doug Whittier, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid

I purchased Windows 10 Pro on Amazon on 1/16/2019 for work. Installed in on a desktop workstation, no problem. Then decommissioned the workstation last year. Now I have a laptop that was purchase by the owner and has given to the business with Windows 10 Home, so I attempted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with the product key of the decommissioned workstation and was told that it is not a valid product key. Is there something I should have done to let Microsoft know that we were decommissioning the workstation? If not, I have a valid product code, how do I use it to get Windows 10 Pro on a diffe

:)

Doug Whittier, Mar 17, 2023

2. Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Mar 17, 2023
  3. sohanrana Win User
    Window 10 Pro product key says it is not valid.

i just upgraded my windows 10 to pro edition but the product keys i have entered were not valid so what could i do???/

sohanrana, Mar 17, 2023
  4. Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Mar 17, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid

1. Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid - Similar Threads - Pro Product Key

2. Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid: I purchased Windows 10 Pro on Amazon on 1/16/2019 for work. Installed in on a desktop workstation, no problem. Then decommissioned the workstation last year. Now I have a laptop that was purchase by the owner and has given to the business with Windows 10 Home, so I attempted...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid: I purchased Windows 10 Pro on Amazon on 1/16/2019 for work. Installed in on a desktop workstation, no problem. Then decommissioned the workstation last year. Now I have a laptop that was purchase by the owner and has given to the business with Windows 10 Home, so I attempted...
  4. validation of windows product key

validation of windows product key: I got the pre-installed windows 10 on my laptop and I was given the product key with it. After some hardware update I reinstalled to OS on my device, but this time during my windows activation my it shows that my product key is not valid. What should I do?...
  5. Product key Validation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Product key Validation: Have had this PC for ages & all of a sudden after turning on today a msg appears in the bottom right corner "This copy of windows is not genuine",Windows7 build 7601. In the System prop where your product Key is Activate Windows. The problem is why after using this PC...
  6. Windows 10 Education Product Key Validation

Windows 10 Education Product Key Validation: I purchased a windows 10 education product key through a website called Kivuto 1 to 2 years ago. I can no longer download windows through this service and got told to contact Microsoft support. I can still view my product key and What I really want to know is can I download...
  7. windows 10 update product key validation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update product key validation: Hi hoping I can have someone help me out, about pulling whats left of my hair out trying to update to latest 1903 win10 format. Have now tried at least 6 times only to have it hang on 86 or 89 % install. Have also tried it with win iso 10 to no avail. The former with or...
  8. Windows product key validation

Windows product key validation: Hi, I had to replace daughters HP laptops hard drive. We have no backup or recovery disk. Purchased a HP recovery disk but it will not allow me to register Windows with MS. I was able to find a key in the BIOS. Would that be the original Windows key, and if so how do I...
  9. product key valid?

product key valid?: f I purchase Windows 7 how long is the product key valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-valid/8fab35f1-2e59-4602-b007-b12c0799488f"
  10. updating windows 10 pro, cannot validate the product key

updating windows 10 pro, cannot validate the product key: I am trying to update the office computers from windows 7 professional to windows 10 pro. I bought about 20 retail version of windows 10 pro usb key. everytime I try to start the process, the message "cannot validate the product key" pops up and does not let me continue the...