Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro product key on old laptop not working on new laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro product key on old laptop not working on new laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In 2015, I upgraded my old laptop from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro via the free upgrade that Microsoft provided. My old laptop had an OEM 8.1 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LTLGamer1, Apr 18, 2022.

1. LTLGamer1 Win User

Windows 10 Pro product key on old laptop not working on new laptop

In 2015, I upgraded my old laptop from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro via the free upgrade that Microsoft provided. My old laptop had an OEM 8.1 Pro key, and thus the 10 Pro key was a genuine product key, direct from Microsoft.Fast forward to the day this post is made; I have a newer and much more powerful laptop than my old one. I decided to take the 10 Pro product key from my old laptop and use it on my new one the new one had an OEM Windows 10 Home key. I deactivated the 10 Pro key on my old laptop and upgraded my new laptop from 10 Home to 10 Pro. However, I cannot get that key to act

:)

LTLGamer1, Apr 18, 2022

2. Transfer Windows 10 Pro product key from old laptop to new laptop

Hi,

I currently have an old laptop that is running Windows 10 Pro and is activated, I would like to no longer use this laptop and transfer this product key (digital license) to my new refurbished laptop that is also running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried to find
    my product key (digital license) but cannot find anywhere. Please advise how I can obtain so I can activate my new (refurbished) laptop.

Thanks

Chris

ChrisBorg23, Apr 18, 2022
  3. Product Key from old laptop

So it seems my new laptops windows isn't genuine. I thought about buying a new copy of windows but then remembered I have this old laptop with its product key still available (but the laptop is demolished), cant I use the product key of the old laptop
    to activate windows on my new laptop?

YasserShkeir, Apr 18, 2022
  4. wkrimes Win User

Transfer Windows 10 pro from old laptop to new laptop

Hello all, If I would take the product code out of the old laptop that has Windows 10 pro would I be able to change the product code of the new laptop to bring the Windows 10 up to Windows 10 pro and if I can, how does
    one take the code out of the old laptop so that I may be able to put it in the new laptop...

wkrimes, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro product key on old laptop not working on new laptop - Similar Threads - Pro product key

2. Transfer Windows 11 Pro product key to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro product key to new laptop: Hello,My old laptop came with windows 11 home. I purchased windows 11 pro on the store, and got the digital copy. I didn't get a product key. This laptop has issues so Dell is giving me a replacement. I would like to now transfer the windows 11 pro to it. I've unlinked this...
  3. Transfer Windows 11 Pro product key to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro product key to new laptop: Hello,My old laptop came with windows 11 home. I purchased windows 11 pro on the store, and got the digital copy. I didn't get a product key. This laptop has issues so Dell is giving me a replacement. I would like to now transfer the windows 11 pro to it. I've unlinked this...
  4. Transferring A Old Windows Vista Laptop Product Key to another Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring A Old Windows Vista Laptop Product Key to another Windows 10 Laptop: HiI had a Old HP pavilion dv5 1215ee, Now its died about 2years. Now I want to activate another Windows 10 laptop with Vista Product Key. So can I Do with that? Also I had died Toshiba satellite c660 with Windows 7 Home Basic OA MEA Product key. Can I activate anyone ?...
  5. Transferring A Old Windows Vista Laptop Product Key to another Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring A Old Windows Vista Laptop Product Key to another Windows 10 Laptop: HiI had a Old HP pavilion dv5 1215ee, Now its died about 2years. Now I want to activate another Windows 10 laptop with Vista Product Key. So can I Do with that? Also I had died Toshiba satellite c660 with Windows 7 Home Basic OA MEA Product key. Can I activate anyone ?...
  6. Transferring A Old Windows Vista Laptop Product Key to another Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Windows 10 Pro product key on old laptop not working on new laptop

Windows 10 Pro product key on old laptop not working on new laptop: In 2015, I upgraded my old laptop from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro via the free upgrade that Microsoft provided. My old laptop had an OEM 8.1 Pro key, and thus the 10 Pro key was a genuine product key, direct from Microsoft.Fast forward to the day this post is made; I...
  8. Windows 10 Pro product key on old laptop not working on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro product key on old laptop not working on new laptop: In 2015, I upgraded my old laptop from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro via the free upgrade that Microsoft provided. My old laptop had an OEM 8.1 Pro key, and thus the 10 Pro key was a genuine product key, direct from Microsoft.Fast forward to the day this post is made; I...
  9. Product Key from old laptop

Product Key from old laptop: So it seems my new laptops windows isn't genuine. I thought about buying a new copy of windows but then remembered I have this old laptop with its product key still available (but the laptop is demolished), cant I use the product key of the old laptop to activate windows on...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 Pro product key from old laptop to new laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro product key from old laptop to new laptop: Hi, I currently have an old laptop that is running Windows 10 Pro and is activated, I would like to no longer use this laptop and transfer this product key (digital license) to my new refurbished laptop that is also running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried to find my product...