Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently built a new pc with completely different parts, and installed windows on it using the product key I have been using for years. But then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AlexSavander, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware

I recently built a new pc with completely different parts, and installed windows on it using the product key I have been using for years. But then it told me that the product key is invalid and that I should purchase windows?

:)

AlexSavander, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Comp Cmndo, Aug 20, 2019
  3. tigger Win User
    Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

I bought a win 10 pro oem key for £25, changed my motherboard and cpu, and reinstalled windows, and it activated automatically. So I would say why not buy pro?

From here-
    Buy Windows 10 Professional license online - Softwaregeeks.co.uk

Was near enough instant delivery of key by email, and it activated on my original install, and on a clean install with changed hardware. Can't say fairer than that for £25

tigger, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware

Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware

1. Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware - Similar Threads - Pro product key

2. I cannot activate Windows 10 after a hardware change with a product key.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot activate Windows 10 after a hardware change with a product key.: I use a product key to activate my Windows 10 that the computer has a hardware change recently. My Windows version is Windows 10 Education and I tried following this article but it don't work. What should I do?...
  3. Windows activation after a hardware change, missing Windows 10 Pro product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation after a hardware change, missing Windows 10 Pro product key.: Hello, I recently updated my PC hardware (I still have the same hard drives) and as I fired up my new computer, I got a greeting from the "Activate Windows" -text on the bottom right corner of my monitor. As I can't remember or find the code for the Windows 10 Pro I was...
  4. Activating windows after losing product key and performing a hardware change.

Activating windows after losing product key and performing a hardware change.: Long story short, I purchased this computer in its entirety off of someone from Craigslist so naturally, I have no possibility of tracking them down. The PC never came with a manual or, in this case, a product key. Years later (today), I do major hardware changes, which...
  5. product key for windows 10 pro

product key for windows 10 pro: hi when i want add my product key to my windows activation key i get this error[ATTACH] and when i do all way that said in fix error this problem is there of course my windows activate at first but dont show key and if i restart my laptop i get the message that say...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Product Key

Windows 10 Pro Product Key: How can I determine if a Windows 10 Pro product key is in use? My laptop has an oem installation of Windows 7 Professional. During the free upgrade period, I upgraded from Win7 to Windows 10 to obtain a digital license, and then reverted back to Windows 7. Subsequently, I...
  7. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change: I got Windows 10 earlier last year in 2018 from the free downloadable installation media to upgrade from Windows 7. Earlier this month, I linked my computer to my Microsoft account in order to use a Digital License because I was going to upgrade components of my PC. I...
  8. ome key not working after hardware change

ome key not working after hardware change: hi there so I installed windows on my new pc using a ome key the key worked then I noticed I had a faulty motherboard so I had to get a replacement and now my windows 10 install is saying that my key Is not valid error code: 0xC004C060 HELP PLZ...
  9. Lost production key after hardware change

Lost production key after hardware change: Hello. So i recently bought and installed a new motherboard with cpu and rams. And were about to clean up my documents for a fresh install, when sudden my windows activation was "lost"? My windows 10, was the "free" update from Microsoft, which was updated from my windows 7...
  10. Windows 10 won't activate with valid product key after hardware change

Windows 10 won't activate with valid product key after hardware change: I recently updated my motherboard and now it says Windows 10 isn't activated. My Microsoft account is logged in but still won't work. It's the same computer with different MOBO. I have a valid Windows key that I bought and won't activate Windows 10. Would appreciate help!...