Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently built a new pc with completely different parts, and installed windows on it using the product key I have been using for years. But then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AlexSavander, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware

I recently built a new pc with completely different parts, and installed windows on it using the product key I have been using for years. But then it told me that the product key is invalid and that I should purchase windows?

:)

AlexSavander, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Comp Cmndo, Aug 20, 2019
  3. tigger Win User
    Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

I bought a win 10 pro oem key for £25, changed my motherboard and cpu, and reinstalled windows, and it activated automatically. So I would say why not buy pro?

From here-
    Buy Windows 10 Professional license online - Softwaregeeks.co.uk

Was near enough instant delivery of key by email, and it activated on my original install, and on a clean install with changed hardware. Can't say fairer than that for £25

tigger, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware

Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware

1. Windows 10 Pro product key stopped working after changing hardware - Similar Threads - Pro product key

2. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after changing hardware is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after changing hardware is not working.: I just upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard, CPU, RAM etc. I am using the same HDD with Windows 10 Pro installed on it. This was a purchase from the Mircrosoft Store as a digital license in 2016. I cannot get it to re-activate on this new hardware. I have tried running...
  3. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after changing hardware is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after changing hardware is not working.: I just upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard, CPU, RAM etc. I am using the same HDD with Windows 10 Pro installed on it. This was a purchase from the Mircrosoft Store as a digital license in 2016. I cannot get it to re-activate on this new hardware. I have tried running...
  4. Lost product key after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost product key after hardware change: I have upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to windows 10 pro using a digital licence 2 years back. But after a hardware failure i had to replace motherboard. Now windows is showing "Activate windows" but i haven't noted down the product key, What is the solution?...
  5. Lost product key after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost product key after hardware change: I have upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to windows 10 pro using a digital licence 2 years back. But after a hardware failure i had to replace motherboard. Now windows is showing "Activate windows" but i haven't noted down the product key, What is the solution?...
  6. Lost product key after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. can't reacitivate win 10 pro after a hardware change, how to get a product key?

can't reacitivate win 10 pro after a hardware change, how to get a product key?: I purchased win 10 pro about two years ago for my laptop computer. It had a hardware change recently. My Microsoft account didn't seem to be connected to the win 10 pro digital license before I switched out a bad motherboard. Now Windows reports no product key can be found....
  8. Microsoft product key not working after hardware change

Microsoft product key not working after hardware change: My pc started out as a prebuilt and I upgraded the MB, GPU, and CPU along the way and windows worked fine with those. Then I figured out that the current setup I had was unstable and I had to get a new MB and CPU. After I booted up with the new parts, the Activate Windows...
  9. Windows activation after a hardware change, missing Windows 10 Pro product key.

Windows activation after a hardware change, missing Windows 10 Pro product key.: Hello, I recently updated my PC hardware (I still have the same hard drives) and as I fired up my new computer, I got a greeting from the "Activate Windows" -text on the bottom right corner of my monitor. As I can't remember or find the code for the Windows 10 Pro I was...
  10. Lost production key after hardware change

Lost production key after hardware change: Hello. So i recently bought and installed a new motherboard with cpu and rams. And were about to clean up my documents for a fresh install, when sudden my windows activation was "lost"? My windows 10, was the "free" update from Microsoft, which was updated from my windows 7...