Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Purchase

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Purchase in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good Day I purchased a new laptop recently with Windows 10 Home Single Language preinstalled. For work I am required to have Windows 10 Pro and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaniellaRoss, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro Purchase

Good Day

I purchased a new laptop recently with Windows 10 Home Single Language preinstalled. For work I am required to have Windows 10 Pro and I thus purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Micrsosoft store. I received an email with the order confirmation number without a product key. I have received no communication from miscrosoft regarding thsi purchase which includes a product key. I tried to install the Windows 10 Pro on the laptop from the Windows Store which orginally failed and upon restarting the laptop I found that WIndows Enterprise had been installed but that it cannot be activated as a do not have a 'genuine' version. I cannot enter a product key for the Windows Pro purchase as I did not receive one - I understand that it should be linked to my Mircrosft account as a digital license, but why is it trying to link to a WIndows Enterprise version when I purchased Windows Pro????

Thanks!

Daniella

:)

DaniellaRoss, Jan 8, 2021

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Pro Purchase

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Purchase

1. Windows 10 Pro Purchase - Similar Threads - Pro Purchase

2. I just purchased windows 11 pro, and i was to get a refund how do i process that ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just purchased windows 11 pro, and i was to get a refund how do i process that ?: just got the upgrade not than less 5 hours ago after this comment. i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-purchased-windows-11-pro-and-i-was-to-get-a/f4194bbf-1aa0-4c62-a588-d130b0ecb88f
  3. I just purchased windows 11 pro, and i was to get a refund how do i process that ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just purchased windows 11 pro, and i was to get a refund how do i process that ?: just got the upgrade not than less 5 hours ago after this comment. i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-purchased-windows-11-pro-and-i-was-to-get-a/f4194bbf-1aa0-4c62-a588-d130b0ecb88f
  4. How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app: I have now purchased 2 Windows 11 Pro licenses and have not been able to use either one. I have a Legion 7 Slim laptop that came with Windows 11 Home. I have recently been digging into Power Automate through work and wanted to implement some flows into my normal day to day...
  5. How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app

How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app: I have now purchased 2 Windows 11 Pro licenses and have not been able to use either one. I have a Legion 7 Slim laptop that came with Windows 11 Home. I have recently been digging into Power Automate through work and wanted to implement some flows into my normal day to day...
  6. I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. I am trying to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. I am trying to get...: I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. When I click on my purchase history, it opens a new browser tab and says "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found." I am trying to get my product key so I can activate the upgraded Windows 11...
  7. I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. I am trying to get...

I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. I am trying to get...: I just purchased Windows Pro upgrade and I am not able to activate it. When I click on my purchase history, it opens a new browser tab and says "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found." I am trying to get my product key so I can activate the upgraded Windows 11...
  8. Cannot install Windows 11 pro for workstation after purchase.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Windows 11 pro for workstation after purchase.: Cannot install Windows 11 pro for workstation after purchase. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-windows-11-pro-for-workstation/051b7727-7cce-46e3-9d3c-1af9889125e1
  9. Cannot install Windows 11 pro for workstation after purchase.

Cannot install Windows 11 pro for workstation after purchase.: Cannot install Windows 11 pro for workstation after purchase. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-windows-11-pro-for-workstation/051b7727-7cce-46e3-9d3c-1af9889125e1
  10. How to successfully install Windows 11 Pro using newly purchased key

How to successfully install Windows 11 Pro using newly purchased key: I currently have Windows 11 Home Edition that was preinstalled with my desktop. Below is the result that I get when I run: slmgr /dli - Am I able to install a new copy of W11? Where can I find the W11 Pro OS .ISO ?...