Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro purchased but reinstalls only home. No licence key or digital licence.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro purchased but reinstalls only home. No licence key or digital licence. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought Windows 10 Pro 2 years ago and at the time on that computer it worked as an in-situ upgrade without issues. Ive since had to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by WhitcombeRD, May 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro purchased but reinstalls only home. No licence key or digital licence.

I bought Windows 10 Pro 2 years ago and at the time on that computer it worked as an in-situ upgrade without issues.

Ive since had to change computers and reinstall and it doesn't seem to exist any more.

The windows install is the OEM supplied Win10 home.

When i attempt to upgrade via windows it gives me 2 options only:-

(i) Enter a product key (which i dont have since i believe i have a digital licence)

(ii) Link to the MS store where it offers me to purchase Win10 pro again (but i already own it).

Looking into my Microsoft account i can see the order for Win10 Pro complete with Order number if i select "All" purchases with the correct date. If i click on "Digital" nothing shows up on the same screen.

I seem to have no product key and no digital version of Pro tied to my account despite my order history showing i bought it (and used it previously).

Im unable to run the Activation Troubleshooter because windows is already activated (with OEM home).

How can i go about fixing this so i can upgrade my windows install to Pro again and how can i get it added as a digital licence correctly in the store for future reinstalls if needed?

:)

WhitcombeRD, May 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 pro licence key

Hi Ugo,

I used Windows 10 pro for both laptops. I purchased digital licence.

Thanks for fast reply!

MirsadKajic, May 11, 2019
  3. dantandem Win User
    digital licence for windows

ok here goes :

reactivation of windows 10 after hardware changes doesnt work.

Windows 10 Pro purchased but reinstalls only home.  No licence key or digital licence. bd5a8bce-dc74-4a99-9c0b-227f8fdb65cf?upload=true.png

to add I had nothing but problems since upgrading for free my wifi adaptor failed so I had to purchase another. then my ethernet port failed. so was forced into probably purchasing a new mb next step up from the failed one ( possibly because of poxy windows
    10 upgrade)

Also I thought when I upgraded so called "digital licence" to win 10 I no longer needed my windows 7 disc and key so binned it.

next step was to put old motherboard which is linked to digital licence. back in and reinstall correct version of windows to match my digital licence worked windows activated! ffixxed

now to change my motherboard back to the non faulty one..... and try to reactivate...…………..!!!

windows no longer activated.... and that the message in the window when trying to

dantandem, May 11, 2019
  4. aradne Win User

Windows 10 Pro purchased but reinstalls only home. No licence key or digital licence.

Windows 10 Pro Licence Expiring - looking for help

I have an HP Elitebook Folio 9470m purchased from a private seller about 6 months ago in late September or early October of 2017. Within the last week I have been getting a pop-up saying that the Windows Licence is about to expire.

The seller had Windows 7 Pro running on it when I bought it and there is a Windows 7 Pro product key in the battery compartment. The seller told me that he had been running Windows 10 for a short period, but did not like it and had rolled the laptop back to Windows 7.

When I purchased it, I immediately updated it to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft website. There were no issues and it has been running Windows 10 Pro without any problem for the last 6 months. I do vaguely remember however that when updating to Windows 10, the process seemed just slightly different than when I updated another laptop earlier in the year.

When I checked the Settings>Activation page now, it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service" and not a digital licence as on my other laptop. I had assumed that when updating 6 months ago, I had moved to a digital licence for Windows 10. That doesn't appear to be the case.
    I downloaded the activation download tool in the first post of this thread, but it's not running properly. I can try getting it to run if you think it's necessary, but in the meantime I used Jellybean Keyfinder to look for the current Windows 10 product key. It's different from the one listed in the battery compartment for the original Windows 7 install. Keyfinder also lists the registered owner as HP and gives a blank for registered organization. It also states that Windows 10 Pro was "Installed from Volume Media".

I want to continue to run Windows 10 Pro and I would like to know my options. These are the ones I'm considering.

1. On the Settings>Activation page, go to Change Product Key and enter the Windows 7 Pro key that is listed in the battery compartment. I don't know if that will work or if it might also worsen the situation in some way.

2. Purchase a Windows 10 Pro product key from a UK ebay seller for a nominal cost and enter that product key. The seller has over 2000 highly positive reviews over several years so appears legitimate enough that it's been working for people.
    3. Is there any way to convert to a Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence at this stage?
    I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

aradne, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro purchased but reinstalls only home. No licence key or digital licence.

1. Windows 10 Pro purchased but reinstalls only home. No licence key or digital licence. - Similar Threads - Pro purchased reinstalls

2. I want to purchase the digital licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to purchase the digital licence: Hello Team,when i search the digital licence for windows 10 i found many website providing digital licenec. I want to know those are verified vendors or not ? I want to purchased for 5-6 laptop can you please suggest me...
  3. I want to purchase the digital licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to purchase the digital licence: Hello Team,when i search the digital licence for windows 10 i found many website providing digital licenec. I want to know those are verified vendors or not ? I want to purchased for 5-6 laptop can you please suggest me...
  4. I want to purchase the digital licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. digital licence key

digital licence key: How do i find the licence key on my pc. it is an upgrade from windows 7 to w 10 I am signed in as admin & would like to know the key number for reference https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence-key/cf6c69d1-5eb6-424b-93b8-67c10945a255
  6. Reinstalling Windows and a Digital Licence Question

Reinstalling Windows and a Digital Licence Question: I am experiencing issues with my HP ZBook running Windows 10 Pro build 1909 , several Microsoft apps or functions hang when called. This is despite going through a reset of Windows after trying several other fixes first. The key aspect of my situation is I cannot link my...
  7. digital licence or key

digital licence or key: Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 pro laptop and it says its activated with a digital licence. I also have a physical licence key which I purchased from an authorised seller of refurbished machines because I am selling one of their refurbished machines and I am getting it...
  8. Product Key & Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key & Digital Licence: Want to know what is the difference in having a product key of Window OS 'OR' having Digital License of the same. Invite the comments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-digital-licence/6beeebcc-3c92-4891-9220-5d7910b99ab6
  9. Win10 digital licence key

Win10 digital licence key: Hi I am wondering my Old PC says that i am activated like this windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account and now i bought new PC and i want to transfer my licence and windows to new PC and old pc will not be used anymore....
  10. upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence: hey hi, i have purchased a acer nitro 5 laptop from us which has a pre installed windows 10 home operating system i have done a fresh clean install of windows again ,and got back my licence from digital license and my question is can i upgrade to windows 10 pro with...