Windows 10: Windows 10* Pro Question

Discus and support Windows 10* Pro Question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A while ago I bought a laptop with Windows 10 Home version installed by default, then I´ve decided to upgrade it toWindows 10 Pro and went to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ALEKCr, Jul 28, 2020.

1. ALEKCr Win User

Windows 10* Pro Question

A while ago I bought a laptop with Windows 10 Home version installed by default, then I´ve decided to upgrade it toWindows 10 Pro and went to change the product key that led me to theMicrosoft Store when I bought the Pro version and I installed it. My question is the following below:

If I buy a new laptop that would probably come with Windows 10 Home and add myMicrosoft account, the same one I used to by the upgrade for Windows 10 Pro, will it upgrade to Windows 10 Pro considering I have the information as shown in the picture below?

THANK YOU for any assistance in advance.

Windows 10* Pro Question 62c8e124-f45c-4078-a7af-4f3313433e7c?upload=true.jpg

:)

ALEKCr, Jul 28, 2020

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 28, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10* Pro Question

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10* Pro Question

1. Windows 10* Pro Question - Similar Threads - 10* Pro Question

2. windows 10/11 upgrade to pro question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10/11 upgrade to pro question: I had a three year old gaming laptop that i upgraded from home to pro. unfortunetly, that system suffered an unrecoverable hardware failure. I have purchased new gaming laptop which also came with win 10 home. the previous system is completely kaput. it won't even boot, I am...
  3. windows 10/11 upgrade to pro question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10/11 upgrade to pro question: I had a three year old gaming laptop that i upgraded from home to pro. unfortunetly, that system suffered an unrecoverable hardware failure. I have purchased new gaming laptop which also came with win 10 home. the previous system is completely kaput. it won't even boot, I am...
  4. Windows 10 pro question and help

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 pro question and help: Hi there, I have a Lenovo Think Pad, it was a company issued laptop, it also has office 365 on it, however my Firm went bankrupt in April of 2020, and as part of pay back the company gave us the laptops. Ive just started to use it, the Office 365 licenses have expired, so I...
  5. Questions about Windows 10 Pro activation.

Questions about Windows 10 Pro activation.: Hello, community! Maybe my question will sound dumb to you but I am getting confused. So, little backstory, recently I bought CD-key for Windows 10 Professional from third party seller. Everything went fine I entered the key and it shows that Windows had been activated...
  6. Question Regarding Windows 10 Pro for Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question Regarding Windows 10 Pro for Workstation: I have a PC which I'll be upgrading to v1903 that is running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. Is the upgrade process the same as any other upgrade? I typically use the Windows media creation tool but is there a specific ISO or any special steps the differ from other versions...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Download media questions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro Download media questions.: I'd like to save Windows 10 Pro into a CD for future use. I've just ordered a new Product Key and download since my Windows 7 Key no longer worked. CD's are more convenient since you can write on them with a felt tip marker and they can't get lost as easily as a USB. I...
  8. Windows 10 Pro COA question

Windows 10 Pro COA question: Hi, I recently purchased a copy of Windows 10 from a large (I think reputable) online retailer. I am trying to verify that I did purchase a genuine US version. The COA has this printed on it: WIN PRO 10 32-BIT/64-BIT ENGLISH USB RS I went to Microsoft's How to Tell...
  9. Windows 10 Pro question

Windows 10 Pro question: Yes I need to do a factory reset to my computer. It came with Windows 10 Home and I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro. My question is when I do a factory reset it will be with Windows 10 Home, do I have to buy Windows 10 Pro again since I don't seem to have a key for the...
  10. Upgrade Laptop to Windows 10 Pro Question

Upgrade Laptop to Windows 10 Pro Question: Hi, I got a new laptop and want to upgrade it to pro. One question I have is will i still be able to install Home and have it activate? I want to upgrade to Pro for Hyper-V and Remote Desktop, Might as well as Bitlocker as it is already enabled in Windows as it is....