Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro, Raid 5

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro, Raid 5 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently had the misfortune of letting a "repair shop" work on my PC, I have 3 500gb Samsung SSD's set up on my MSI MOBO to RAID 5, when I originally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LesterBubolz, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Pro, Raid 5

I recently had the misfortune of letting a "repair shop" work on my PC, I have 3 500gb Samsung SSD's set up on my MSI MOBO to RAID 5, when I originally set this up, windows saw the raid and drive "c" was showing as 1TB, like it should, after letting this shop work on my pc it now shows "c" as only 500 gb, but the Intel Rapid storage technology program does see all 3 drives and says 1TB, but the device manager only sees 500GB, when I go to properties, Intel Raid 5 Volume properties, it shows GUID partition table (GPT), capacity....953875 MB, Unallocated space... 476942 MB, Reserved space..16MB

Below that is the window Volumes

Volume C: Capacity 476318 MB

So what can I do to get windows to actually show the correct capacity? its as if the partition was wiped out?

:)

LesterBubolz, Sep 14, 2018

2. Need specifics on RAID 10

step 1) purchase a raid card that does raid 10 and has 4x mini sas. you will want at least 1024 ram on that chip.
    step 2) purchase 16 2 TB enterprise class constellation drives
    step 3) purchase another whole rig to do the same thing
    step 4) setup rsync to copy all of the changed data from server 1 to server 2
    step 5) buy 2 800 watt BBU (1 for each)

there.

Easy Rhino, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 & RAID 5

I have read many treads concerning Windows 10 and RAID configuration but none seem to actually come up with a definitive answer. I had a Widows 7 Pro setup running 4 matched 500GB SATA drives in a RAID 5 configuration. This was upgrade to Windows 8 and
    the Windows 8.1 all without issue. About a month ago I took the free upgrade to Windows 10. This appeared to work well. Like all new installs there was a lot of updates to be installed, these were encouraged by forcing the system to look for new updates. After
    a couple of weeks the computer BIOS reported that the "SPARE" drive was unidentifiable but still worked (Windows loaded without incident). Last week however the drive must have failed as Windows would not load. I eventually identified that with the failed
    drive disconnected, and after multiple attempts to boot, (Windows frequently freezing at the chasing dots stage), Windows 10 would start in Safe Mode (not a straight forward task these days). While in Safe Mode, I checked the Intel RAID monitoring software
    which was rebuilding the array. This is very strange as the BIOS did not report this / agree that the array had degraded. I have replaced the forth drive, but still I can not guarantee that the PC will boot into Windows 10. After a RAID rebuild, the PC sometimes
    starts but not usually twice on the run. I read that Intel software needed updating. I did this via a USB stick but Widows would not reboot after that! A Restore via the Repair screen removed it, but still no Windows 10 boot up - currently in Safe Mode rebuilding
    the RAID array. I tried reverting back to Windows 8.1 but got the message that this was not possible at this time. I feel I have exhausted my knowledge, any suggestions?

Itchy Fingers, Sep 14, 2018
  4. XVI
    xvi Win User

Windows 10 Pro, Raid 5

raid 80g or 160g

I'm actually not sure what you just said, so I'll just list the steps.

1: Install the drives
    2: Go in to your BIOS (or whatever is controlling the RAID)
    3: Set them up as RAID
    4: Install windows
    5: Press F6 when Windows says "Press F6 if you need to install additional RAID or SCSI controllers."
    6: Insert the floppy and load the drivers
    7: Continue with the install like normal

Thema:

Windows 10 Pro, Raid 5

1. Windows 10 Pro, Raid 5 - Similar Threads - Pro Raid

2. Windows 11 Pro Calendar not working correctly!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Calendar not working correctly!!: This calendar makes no sense. Today is Wednesday 20th March 2024 yet the calendar clearly doesn't know what month or day we are in.Plus why are the first 2 weeks greyed out?One Calendar knows what day and date it is, so what on earth is wrong with Windows as usual...
  3. Windows 11 Pro Calendar not working correctly!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro Calendar not working correctly!!: This calendar makes no sense. Today is Wednesday 20th March 2024 yet the calendar clearly doesn't know what month or day we are in.Plus why are the first 2 weeks greyed out?...
  4. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  5. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  6. I have problems with my buds2 pro when connects with the window laptop

I have problems with my buds2 pro when connects with the window laptop: Hi everyone!My buds2 pro works well on my smartphone, but when I connected my buds2 pro with laptop, the quality is really bad. The sound is interrupted continuously, losing sound every a few seconds. I asked my friends and some told me that let change from Free-hands option...
  7. If RESET PC Windows 10 Pro from Settings - Raid should need rebuild????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If RESET PC Windows 10 Pro from Settings - Raid should need rebuild????: As you see the RAID 1 - Is here on the right in shot in Intel Rapid Storage Technology software If RESET PC Windows 10 Pro from Settings - Raid should need rebuild???? [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 Pro on a thinkmate raid 5 array error grandstream camera app/template crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro on a thinkmate raid 5 array error grandstream camera app/template crashing: Hi Folks Hope this is the right place ! One of my installs seems to be having an issue with Windows 10 Pro and it seems to have something to do with Microsoft Library ? Streaming an app for cameras and I get this error and the app freezes I cannot find any updates...
  9. Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1: I have an MSI 990FXA-GB80 MoBo. I just installed two Crucial 500gig SSD's into my case and SATA3 to my MoBo. My previous SSD, a Mushkin, got corrupted and died and I lost my recent data. SO, I decided I would do RAID 1 this time with the two Crucial SSD's. I have 16 gig of...
  10. Need help/2 950 Pro NVMe in RAID 0/Asus Z170-A

Need help/2 950 Pro NVMe in RAID 0/Asus Z170-A: Hi, after some struggling I was able to clone (using Samsung Cloning Tool) my original Windows 8.1x64 from a Samsung 830 SSD to the Samsung 950 Pro in the Z170-A onboard M.2 slot and boot Windows 8.1x64 from it. Then I added a 2nd 950Pro mounted on a PCIe card to the 3rd...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. raid 5 windows 10 pro

2. windows 10 pro raid 5

3. can windows pro read windows raid-5 array

4. win 10 pro raid 5,
  5. cant raid 5 windows 10 pro