Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Random BSOD on new install

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Random BSOD on new install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I just put together a build with the following components Windows version: Windows 10 Pro , 10.0, build: 10240 Hardware: ASRock,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shanghei, Oct 4, 2015.

1. shanghei Win User

Windows 10 Pro Random BSOD on new install

Hello everyone, I just put together a build with the following components

Windows version: Windows 10 Pro , 10.0, build: 10240
    Hardware: ASRock, Z77 Extreme4
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz Intel586, level: 6
    SSD: M4 128gb
    Ram: 8.00GB (4x2) Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Graphics Card: Sapphire HD 5870
    Power Supply: CX430

I get a BSOD every single day multiple times a day usually with nothing triggering it although it seems to happen alot when I click reset itll begin to shut down and instead of rebooting like normal itll BSOD. I have freshly installed Windows 10 numerous times. I have swapped out the ram with 3 different types of 4gb x 2 configuration. I have tried using slot 1 and 3 and 2 and 4. I have taken out the video card, I have swapped SATA cables, I have tried multiple sata cable ports for the main boot hd on the mobo and none of that made the desktop last more than a day with no BSOD.
    I am wondering if it could be a bad mobo or cpu. I am lost here and any help would be appreciated. I dont know with 100% certainty but the crashes didnt seem to happen as often when plex media server wasnt running.

Many thanks!

:)

shanghei, Oct 4, 2015
  2. Steve_478 Win User

BSOD during update

Hello,

Ive tried to install the windows update twice now (windows 10 pro on a surface pro 4)- and mid way through (about 30%) ive been given the BSOD with a reference to win32kbase.sys.

No new hardware has been installed. The inly new software is the windows update. Did you really release an update that causes a BSOD??

Steve_478, Oct 4, 2015
  3. seanvree Win User
    Blue screen: "IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE "

I'm getting a random BSOD on my Dell XPS PC running windows 10 Pro:

"IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE "

this is happening twice a day. I've updated all my drivers and uninstalled any programs that aren't compatible with windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

seanvree, Oct 4, 2015
  4. PeteD Win User

shanghei,

Wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I am running an ATI Sapphire HD 5870 as an external GPU to my Sony Vaio Z1 (i7 8GB ram) laptop. It all worked fine on previous versions of windows, but after upgrading to windows 10 pro (clean install) I get random freezes, reboots and BSODs. I'm suspecting that the ATI drivers for windows 10 don't play nicely with this graphics card.

PeteD, Oct 5, 2015
  5. PeteD Win User
    UPDATE:
    I went into Catalyst Control Center > Performance >AMD OverDrive , checked the box to turn it on and reduced High Performance GPU from the default to 735Mhz and High Performance memory clock to 1080MHz. So far (fingers crossed) have not had any system crashes. Haven't tried any higher values to see where the breaking point is, but frankly I'm just happy to be up and running again as am 3 days behind on work. Anyway, hope this helps you too.

EDIT:
    After rebooting I was still getting random crashes. If I go into Catalyst Control Center as soon as I have booted up, uncheck "enable graphics overdrive", hit apply, then re-check it and hit apply, it seems to be OK. Strange huh?! Anyone know if there is a way to automate this?
    Also, 795 Mhz GPU and 1170MHz memory settings seem to help with a flicker issue on the second screen. Still get flicker but not as bad. Hate this ATI HD 5870 card.

PeteD, Oct 7, 2015
  6. shanghei Win User
    Thanks Pete for the reply, I uninstalled the video card and using onboard video and still get the same problems.

shanghei, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Random BSOD on new install - Similar Threads - Pro Random BSOD

2. Random BSOD on Windows 10 fresh install.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD on Windows 10 fresh install.: Hi.I have been having an infuriating issue with my Plex Server running Windows 10. It has started randomly BSOD every 20 minutes or so. All the system is does is runs Plex. Nothing else in installed on the system save for what Windows pre-installs. After every BSOD the Event...
  3. New windows 10 pro install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New windows 10 pro install: I just built a new pc, loading windows 10 from a windows usb i purchased at best buy. Once i boot from usb it does 2 loading bars and then just shows a windows logo? Ive let it sit for hours but it doesnt do anything else....
  4. Random BSOD after installing new SSD and Windows 10

Random BSOD after installing new SSD and Windows 10: Can someone help me troubleshoot a random BSOD issue on my Dell Inspiron 13 5000? I just installed a new 1TB SSD Drive, re-installed Windows 10 and now I get random BSODs. The BSODs seem to occur even when the computer is sitting idle and I am not using it. I have insured...
  5. [BSOD] Recent Seemingly Random BSODs - Windows 10 Pro 64bit

[BSOD] Recent Seemingly Random BSODs - Windows 10 Pro 64bit: Hello! I am my wits end which is why I've turned to this forum for help. In the last couple of months I have been getting seemingly random BSODs with varying error codes. "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT", "IQRL_NOT_LESS_THAN", "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" amongst others. It started...
  6. Installing Windows 10 Pro on a new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 Pro on a new PC: Just finished building a new PC and all seemed well until I came to installing my copy of Windows 10 Pro. I’ve set the PC to boot from the USB and all is good until I get to the activation page where it states that it doesn’t recognise the Product Key. I bought it from a...
  7. Windows 10 new install BSOD's

Windows 10 new install BSOD's: I have been running into trouble with what I believe most likely is my drivers. I crash to a BSOD within an hour of playing a game generally around the loading screens. the BSOD's show different error although they all seem to be memory related like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,...
  8. new install windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new install windows 10 pro: I have created as (instructed by support) boot from USB drive to install windows 10 pro. When I change the reboot order to USB first, it does not work. The change is not saved in the BIOS - even though I saved it in BIOS. I cant install otherwise....
  9. BSOD random with new windows 10 install.

BSOD random with new windows 10 install.: Random different error code BSOD's cant figure out the problem. Windows 10 newly installed on new mobo cpu and RAM. Please help!!! See attachment Thanks! 43462
  10. Random BSOD in Windows pro

Random BSOD in Windows pro: I have a dual boot pc running windows 10 pro 32 and 64 bit.Both were upgraded from windows 7.Some time back used iobit drive booster to update drivers.Since then I am getting BSOD randomly once or twice in a day.Googled and found out that software called "who crashed" may...