Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - RDP from a mac - need to use GPU for certain programs

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - RDP from a mac - need to use GPU for certain programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Running a windows 10 workstation for point cloud processing which uses the GPU. I want to run it headless from my mac via RDP which connects fine and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/p-o-b, Mar 3, 2020.

1. /u/p-o-b Win User

Windows 10 Pro - RDP from a mac - need to use GPU for certain programs

Running a windows 10 workstation for point cloud processing which uses the GPU. I want to run it headless from my mac via RDP which connects fine and looks great but the app won't load because it fails the GPU check. I have set the remote desktop group policy to use hardware acceleration but still no joy.

submitted by /u/p-o-b
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/p-o-b, Mar 3, 2020
  2. RKoch1 Win User

RDP from Windows 10 to MAC

I can RDP from my MAC to my Windows 10, but I want to go the other way. RDP is set up correctly because I use it to RDP to a variety of machines.

How can I go from Windows 10 to MAC?

RKoch1, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Zeond1987 Win User
    Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Mar 3, 2020
  4. sunilamja Win User

Connect RDP on MAC

How to connect RDP in Mac with Microsoft Remote Desktop 10. and rectify
    Error: 0x204 when trying to connect to server using Microsoft remote desktop app on Mac

sunilamja, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro - RDP from a mac - need to use GPU for certain programs - Similar Threads - Pro RDP mac

2. RDP Use and Windows 10 Pro Connectivity

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    RDP Use and Windows 10 Pro Connectivity: I have a remote device MS Surface Pro 7; expected to be used in-home only running Windows 10 Home.I have setup only three users on my desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro.Administrator ProfileDaily User Profile no admin rights; only with "User" group appliedDaily User Profile...
  3. RDP not connecting from MacBook to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP not connecting from MacBook to Windows 10 Pro: Both MacBook and Windows Laptop are connected to same wifi. I have provided the IP address of the Windows laptop to connect to it using RDP from MacBook. RDP app in mac is the official Microsoft's one. It asks for username and password. I have given my Microsoft account...
  4. RDP from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro: Hi, I'm struggling to get an RDP with two monitors at destination PC running Windows 7 Pro. Does the destination PC need to be running Enterprise or Ultimate for two screen RDP to be available? submitted by /u/Beardwin [link] [comments]...
  5. Moving from Mac to Windows. Need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from Mac to Windows. Need help!: Hello, I'm moving from Mac to Windows, but I can't sync my passwords from Keychain to Windows machine. I've tried syncing passwords from Safari to Chrome / Firefox, but still…Nothing. How do I do it? Thank you submitted by /u/NotaChineseplushie [link] [comments]...
  6. Connect RDP on MAC

Connect RDP on MAC: How to connect RDP in Mac with Microsoft Remote Desktop 10. and rectify Error: 0x204 when trying to connect to server using Microsoft remote desktop app on Mac https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-rdp-on-mac/66504e3e-bf2a-4985-a989-d6f509b7aff7
  7. Windows 10 Pro, AAD, RDP

Windows 10 Pro, AAD, RDP: Hello, I just installed from scratch Windows 10 Pro and I logged in using the AAD. Everything works as expected, I can use PIN and Password to log in, no problem. However, when i do try to RDP (and after allowing it so connection is not a problem), i get wrong username or...
  8. RDP from Windows 10 to MAC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP from Windows 10 to MAC: I can RDP from my MAC to my Windows 10, but I want to go the other way. RDP is set up correctly because I use it to RDP to a variety of machines. How can I go from Windows 10 to MAC?...
  9. rdp connection refused from mac (os 10.6), from windows it works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rdp connection refused from mac (os 10.6), from windows it works: has anyone a hint what this problem could solve: I have 4 computers in my lan. 1 win10, 1 win 7, 1 win2008 and a macbook with os 10.6 i want to establish a rdp session from macbook to win10. Result: no connect (but i can ping and telnet on port 3389 th win10 maschine from...
  10. BSOD When Using Certain Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When Using Certain Programs: Tends to happen on a daily basis for whatever I'm doing. Looking for solutions to this problem because this issue is really aggravating *Mad Thanks for any help that is provided. 30347