Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - reactivate license?

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - reactivate license? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We are a nonprofit that is given computers. We pull the hard drives and erase them. We then put hard drives back into the computer some times the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Memory4262, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro - reactivate license?

We are a nonprofit that is given computers. We pull the hard drives and erase them. We then put hard drives back into the computer some times the same hard drives, other times a different one - always an erased drive.

Can we legally re-activate the Windows 10 Pro that came with the system and then resell the computer? We were told we had to buy a new refurbish COA, and could not use the WIN 10 Pro digital that came with the computer. SO we have been paying for 10 home COAs to put on the machines - but If we can save that money, I would prefer to do that!

I called MS and they said we, technically, could still use the Win 10 Pro Digital license. Others also say we can use the digital license that came with it - that was already on it - and do that legally. Then some say you can not - so I don't know what is correct and what is not correct

I just want to make sure we do the correct thing, so can we use the existing digital license, reload it and resell the machine?

Thank you

:)

Memory4262, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Roxas1203 Win User

Reactivation Windows 10 Pro issue

I have changed my hardware recently and found that I can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro. In Reactivate Windows section, I can't find my current device in the list, only my old motherboards appeared ( MSI and Gigabyte ). My old hardware are I7-4790 + MSI H81M
    Mobo + 8GB DDR3 Ram and I upgraded to I5-9400F + My new Asrock MOBO B350 or 450 something (Can't remember) + 16 GB DDR4 Ram. There is no my current MOBO in the reactivate section, only the old one appeared (MSI H81M Mobo). Pls someone help me.

Also note that I have signed in with my microsoft account that links with Windows 10 pro licence but it only shows the old mobo in the reactivate list.

Roxas1203, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Aug 4, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows 10 Pro - reactivate license?

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Activate using windows 7 pro key.

cereberus, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro - reactivate license?

1. Windows 10 Pro - reactivate license? - Similar Threads - Pro reactivate license

2. License reactivation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License reactivation: Hey, Recently, my processor died, and since it was so old, I decided to buy a new processor, motherboard and new RAM. Now that everything is plugged up and going, I have the text "Activate windows". I had W10 Pro on my old hardware, but I cannot seem to activate it on my new...
  3. Windows license to reactivateing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows license to reactivateing: Hi I had a. Pc that the drive with windows on failed and was unable to recover anything off of it. so I got a new drive and put windows on that. And I noticed it's not reactivateing automatically like it usually does what should I do. submitted by /u/tuvok423 [link]...
  4. Reactivating the license key for Win 10 Pro

Reactivating the license key for Win 10 Pro: Hi, changed my motherboard but not able to reactivate the license key as I got it from the Microsoft store and cannot see the keys. Called the tech support, get a case ID and get transfer around with no help......
  5. Digital Windows 10 license? "Reactivate"?

Digital Windows 10 license? "Reactivate"?: Hey, I wanted to ask how it is with digital licenses of Windows 10. On my account I have an active license. Now I want to use a new system. Do I have to "deactivate" Windows 10 on my old computer to make it run on the new one? Digitale Windows 10 Lizenz? "Reaktivieren"?
  6. Reactivate Digital License for Windows 10 Pro

Reactivate Digital License for Windows 10 Pro: Back in 2017 I purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store. Earlier this month the computer it was purchased for had a catastrophic motherboard failure. I've replaced the motherboard and the components that were problematic, reinstalled Windows, but no longer...
  7. reactivating Windows 10 Pro digital license

reactivating Windows 10 Pro digital license: Hi , I upgraded my windows 10 version from Home Basic to Pro in September last year. My laptop had to be reformatted and I had to install windows 10 again. Since original digital license was for 10 Home Basic - that is what I had to install and activate. All that was...
  8. Reactivation of windows 10 Pro

Reactivation of windows 10 Pro: q : how can I Reactivation of windows 10 Pro-error code (0x803fa06 7) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivation-of-windows-10-pro/7b6a352d-dcc1-42bf-96cf-0f4fc31df87e"
  9. Reactivation of WIndows 10 digital license

Reactivation of WIndows 10 digital license: Hi, I have received a digital upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 Home and have the copy on my VM. Now I want to transfer it to my physical machine, but am not able to activate the license. I get error code 0x803FA067. How can I successfully activate my windows? Thanks!...
  10. reactivation of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reactivation of Windows 10 Pro: Hi. Windows is telling me that I need to reactivate. On the Activation page in Settings, it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service". I have absolutely no idea what this means. I bought this pc second-hand, with Win 10 Pro already installed,...