Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro ReActivation problems after RAM change

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro ReActivation problems after RAM change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have recently purchased a a desktop PC used. It came with Windows 10 pro pre installed on it. I had to reinstall windows 10 pro completely, because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BarnabasHoranyi, May 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro ReActivation problems after RAM change

I have recently purchased a a desktop PC used. It came with Windows 10 pro pre installed on it. I had to reinstall windows 10 pro completely, because I made a mistake, this is where the problems came in. The original setup of the PC had different type of RAM but same amount. I contacted the guy about the key and he said that the mother board has hardware activation which checks out link to motherboard. So now the only issue should be the hardware change. I did login once on this PC before reinstalling everything, but I don't see it among my connected devices when I go through the trouble shooter. Any other ways to do reactivate it?

Since I don't have proof of purchases of Windows 10 pro what could be the solution to my problem? I have already asked the person who I bought the PC from to look for the proof of purchase, but I have high doubts he will find it.

:)

BarnabasHoranyi, May 3, 2020
  2. Roxas1203 Win User

Reactivation Windows 10 Pro issue

I have changed my hardware recently and found that I can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro. In Reactivate Windows section, I can't find my current device in the list, only my old motherboards appeared ( MSI and Gigabyte ). My old hardware are I7-4790 + MSI H81M
    Mobo + 8GB DDR3 Ram and I upgraded to I5-9400F + My new Asrock MOBO B350 or 450 something (Can't remember) + 16 GB DDR4 Ram. There is no my current MOBO in the reactivate section, only the old one appeared (MSI H81M Mobo). Pls someone help me.

Also note that I have signed in with my microsoft account that links with Windows 10 pro licence but it only shows the old mobo in the reactivate list.

Roxas1203, May 3, 2020
  3. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, May 3, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows 10 Pro ReActivation problems after RAM change

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Activate using windows 7 pro key.

cereberus, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro ReActivation problems after RAM change

1. Windows 10 Pro ReActivation problems after RAM change - Similar Threads - Pro ReActivation problems

2. Problem with reactivation of Win 10 Pro after motherboard change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with reactivation of Win 10 Pro after motherboard change.: The short version is: I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro from online free upgrade years ago. I don't have a product key. I just changed motherboards old one died and tried to reactivate windows via the Troubleshooter/Hardware change. It asks me for my Microsoft password,...
  3. Problem with reactivation of Win 10 Pro after motherboard change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with reactivation of Win 10 Pro after motherboard change.: The short version is: I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro from online free upgrade years ago. I don't have a product key. I just changed motherboards old one died and tried to reactivate windows via the Troubleshooter/Hardware change. It asks me for my Microsoft password,...
  4. Problem with reactivation of Win 10 Pro after motherboard change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problems reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change: I've recently upgraded my Motherboard and CPU and I am having issues with reactivating windows. I did not link my microsoft account to the digital license before changing my motherboard, and I no longer have the motherboard so I cant go back to it and do it now. I have went...
  6. Windows 10 pro Reactivation after MotherBoard Change

Windows 10 pro Reactivation after MotherBoard Change: Dear Friends I have changed my mother board . Now I have facing win 10 pro ver 2004 deactivated. Tried several times windows update and security -->Activation-->troubleshoot. I changed Hardware on this device shows no device found in this Microsoft Account. But while log...
  7. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change: I upgraded my hardware just today. Changed pretty much all of it, new motherboard, CPU etc. and now my Windows isn't activated anymore. I get the 0xC004F211 error code. Troubleshooting doesn't help, coming up with "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device."...
  8. Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change

Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change: Hello! I recently replaced my Processor/Motherboard/RAM on my Desktop PC and now I can't reactivate my Windows 10. Also, I get the error 0xC004F025 in the activation window (where I press Troubleshoot). After I select the device I am using, and pressing Activate, it says...
  9. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change: I got Windows 10 earlier last year in 2018 from the free downloadable installation media to upgrade from Windows 7. Earlier this month, I linked my computer to my Microsoft account in order to use a Digital License because I was going to upgrade components of my PC. I...
  10. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM): The first thing I did before I change my setup was I linked my microsoft account to windows 10 so that I could have my activation connect to my microsoft account. Today, I try to reactivate windows with the windows 10 settings activation troubleshooter and I said that it is...