Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Reactivation Won't Work After Rebuild

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Reactivation Won't Work After Rebuild in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Pro computer just had its motherboard fried, so I rebuilt it with a new motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 CPU, and a new power supply. The two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GregScher, Nov 2, 2020.

1. GregScher Win User

Windows 10 Pro Reactivation Won't Work After Rebuild

My Windows 10 Pro computer just had its motherboard fried, so I rebuilt it with a new motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 CPU, and a new power supply. The two Nvidia 970 graphics cards and 128 GB Corsair RAM are still the same. Windows forced me to do a fresh reinstall, so I also have to reinstall all of my programs even though I can see them all safely stored in their original Windows 10 directories before the rebuild. Unfortunately, Windows 10 Pro's new install does not recognize my computer and keeps trying to send me to the Windows store to pay $199.99 for a license and program key.

I contacted Windows Support and got a case number 1012 635 740, and I was transferred into the support queue where I was placed on hold for 3:19:29 that's 3 hours, 19-minutes, and 29-seconds!!! before being disconnected.

I have always had paid versions of Windows on my computers going all the way back to Windows 3.1. I was using windows 8 Pro when Microsoft automatically upgraded me to Windows 10 Pro for free a few years ago. I was never given a digital "license key" per se.

After being screwed over by the ridiculously long hold time, I went online into my Windows Store account and discovered that my computer is still being discovered and located at my address, but it will not reactivate even though I am logging in with the same account I have used with all of my Microsoft products for many years.

I do a tremendous amount of work with Windows 10 Pro, and all of my programs and data are reliant upon it. I need someone -- ANYONE -- to get this straightened out ASAP!

Thank you.

:)

GregScher, Nov 2, 2020
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro Reactivation Won't Work After Rebuild [​IMG]

tamo, Nov 2, 2020
  3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro Reactivation Won't Work After Rebuild [​IMG]

tamo, Nov 2, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Reactivation Won't Work After Rebuild - Similar Threads - Pro Reactivation Won't

2. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after changing hardware is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after changing hardware is not working.: I just upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard, CPU, RAM etc. I am using the same HDD with Windows 10 Pro installed on it. This was a purchase from the Mircrosoft Store as a digital license in 2016. I cannot get it to re-activate on this new hardware. I have tried running...
  3. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after changing hardware is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after changing hardware is not working.: I just upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard, CPU, RAM etc. I am using the same HDD with Windows 10 Pro installed on it. This was a purchase from the Mircrosoft Store as a digital license in 2016. I cannot get it to re-activate on this new hardware. I have tried running...
  4. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after changing hardware is not working.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. windows 10 pro rebuild

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 pro rebuild: I own an old HP pc that is running windows 10 pro. Would like to give it to a neighbor. I don't have a windows 10 disk as it was a free upgrade when 10 came out.Is there a way within windows to reset or tell windows to reinstall it self. I just want to change the user name...
  6. windows 10 pro rebuild

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 pro rebuild: I own an old HP pc that is running windows 10 pro. Would like to give it to a neighbor. I don't have a windows 10 disk as it was a free upgrade when 10 came out.Is there a way within windows to reset or tell windows to reinstall it self. I just want to change the user name...
  7. windows 10 pro rebuild

8. Windows 10 Pro won't reactivate after motherboard fix

Windows 10 Pro won't reactivate after motherboard fix: I have a Windows 10 Home license 2018 I bought for a MSI motherboard. At some point Microsoft offered me a free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. The board broke, so I sent it in for repair and they sent it back and now the system won't reactivate. It won't accept the license key I...
  9. Indexing Won't Rebuild

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Indexing Won't Rebuild: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UsheenMagwire [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jdf5hd/indexing_wont_rebuild/
  10. windows 10 won't activate after pc rebuild

windows 10 won't activate after pc rebuild: i recently rebuilt my PC, leaving the SSD as the only part transferred over. i knew this could mess up my activation, so i linked my windows installation to my Microsoft account. however when i booted up the PC, it wasn't activated. i tried all of the troubleshooting tips i...