Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Recovery Drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Recovery Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to check the integrity of my recovery drive. I have 10 Pro. What size should the total files of the boot be be and what files should it contain?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DesmondLast, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro Recovery Drive

I want to check the integrity of my recovery drive. I have 10 Pro. What size should the total files of the boot be be and what files should it contain? Thanks Desmond Last

:)

DesmondLast, Dec 31, 2019
  2. ManojMah Win User

Recovery Drive for Windows 10 Pro.

It was, for a solid month, a tale of tears, trauma and triumph of Ten (Windows 10 that is).

After many failed attempts to download and then install and then wait for activations of Windows 10 upgrade on my Windows 8.1 Pro two laptops, I finally succeeded.

Out of abundance of caution I decided to create a recovery drive so I could do a complete reinstall of Windows 10. It took a USB drive with 16 GB to create the Recovery media (including all system files?). I have a critical question (for me i.e.).

First consider:

• My two laptops have different Mother Boards and processors. One has Intel while the other has AMD.
    • Both have Windows 10 Pro (activated) upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro (genuine).
    • I created the Recovery media for the AMD machine.
    Now the questions:

• Do I need to create two separate Recovery Media? One for each machine?
    • How do I know the Media would work when an unfortunate need arises? Meaning, how do I know if the Recovery Drive just created is any good?
    Thank you for any help I can get.

ManojMah, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Making a Windows 10 Pro recovery thumb drive

Hi Steven,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Resetting lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows.

• If you choose Remove everything, it will reinstalls
      Windows 10 and removes all your personal files, apps, drivers and changes made to settings.

• If you choose Restore factory settings, it will reinstall the version of Windows that your computer came with (Windows 8.1) and removes your personal files, apps, drivers and changes you made to settings.
    Warning: Backup all your data before performing any of these steps to avoid data loss.

To build a USB recovery drive, I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-recovery-drive

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Pro Recovery Drive

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Recovery Drive

1. Windows 10 Pro Recovery Drive - Similar Threads - Pro Recovery Drive

2. Recovery Drive Error on Surface Pro 7+

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Drive Error on Surface Pro 7+: Hi thereI tried to make a recovery drive on my Surface Pro 7+ on Windows 10 21H2, but it fails to create it. I've tried almost every thing, like chkdsk, sfc, resetting the pc, resetting through a USB with surface recovery image, but nothing has worked.Does anyone know the...
  3. After drive recovery, Windows 10 Pro, is suddenly Windows 10 Home, how to get Pro back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After drive recovery, Windows 10 Pro, is suddenly Windows 10 Home, how to get Pro back?: On my Windows 10 Pro self built tower computer, I had been encountering a lot of operating system issues. So yesterday after trying a lot of other fixes that didn't work, I had to end up doing the, "create a recovery drive" tool. Except that the only computer I was able to...
  4. Recovery for Windows 10 Pro

Recovery for Windows 10 Pro: I'm getting a Recovery code File:\Boot\BCD Error Code: 0xc000014c. It says I need a recovery tool does that mean Recovery disc? And if so my computer has 32 bit Windows 10 Pro in it and this error code came when I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Can I use a 64 bit...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Recovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro Recovery: Quick question for Reddit. I bought a dell laptop that had Windows 10 Home defaulted on it. I later upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, but my computer had complications and I had to get it replaced. When they initially tried to fix it, they uninstalled the OS and installed Windows...
  6. Revert Win 10 Pro to Home using Recovery Drive ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Revert Win 10 Pro to Home using Recovery Drive ?: Recently i purchased a laptop with pre-installed Win 10 Home SL. Later i upgraded it to Pro. Before upgrading it to Pro, i created a Recovery Drive Pendrive. Can i use the Recovery Drive to revert back to Home ? Since i created a Recovery Drive during Home SL, i can revert...
  7. Windows 10 Recovery Drive

Windows 10 Recovery Drive: I tried using a 32G drive to create a Recovery Drive. I used the instructions in Windows 10. But, I finally get the message "can't create recovery drive." What is the problem?...
  8. Recovery Drive fails with Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.693

Recovery Drive fails with Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.693: I have been unable to create a recovery drive with system files included on my new dell laptop. I applied the most recent cumulative update today and tried again. Still a failure. Is this a know problem and is there a solution?...
  9. Windows 10 recovery drive

Windows 10 recovery drive: About 6 months ago I was having problems with my Surface Pro 4 so wiped the drive & re-installed from an ISO that I downloaded to a USB stick. Since then, I have had various problems like short life battery, blue screens & others. I would like to have a go at re installing...
  10. Windows 10 recovery drive

Windows 10 recovery drive: Windows 10, all updates. I am trying to create a recovery drive. I have opened the utility, but it is stalled - it has been saying "please wait" for more than 30 minutes. It hasn't even asked for a USB drive destination. I've tried restarting the laptop, same issue....