Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Recovery on the Surface Laptop 3

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Recovery on the Surface Laptop 3 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro soon after I got it. I am now in need of a recovery image but all of the .zip files say they are for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mrhallway, Jul 8, 2021.

1. mrhallway Win User

Windows 10 Pro Recovery on the Surface Laptop 3

I upgraded my Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro soon after I got it. I am now in need of a recovery image but all of the .zip files say they are for Windows Home, could I use them with my Windows 10 Pro product or would I need to download something else?

:)

mrhallway, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Windows 10 Pro Recovery on the Surface Laptop 3 :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jul 8, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Pro Recovery on the Surface Laptop 3

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Recovery on the Surface Laptop 3

1. Windows 10 Pro Recovery on the Surface Laptop 3 - Similar Threads - Pro Recovery Surface

2. Windows 11 Surface Recovery Images for Surface Laptop 3, Pro 7 and Pro 7+ etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Surface Recovery Images for Surface Laptop 3, Pro 7 and Pro 7+ etc: Hey Microsoft, Why have you stopped supporting the Surface Laptop 3, Pro 7 and Pro 7+ by not creating W11 SRIs for them please? There are only W10 SRIs available, yet these models are still under Microsoft warranty! We need a W11 22H2 SRI for these models for whenever we...
  3. Windows 11 Surface Recovery Images for Surface Laptop 3, Pro 7 and Pro 7+ etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Surface Recovery Images for Surface Laptop 3, Pro 7 and Pro 7+ etc: Hey Microsoft, Why have you stopped supporting the Surface Laptop 3, Pro 7 and Pro 7+ by not creating W11 SRIs for them please? There are only W10 SRIs available, yet these models are still under Microsoft warranty! We need a W11 22H2 SRI for these models for whenever we...
  4. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  5. Need help with Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Recovery: Hello, I am having difficulty getting my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 to boot up. The error message is in a picture below. Unfortunately, I am unable to press the windows key for firmware settings as the keyboard is not being recognized by the surface. The online tutorials I...
  6. windows 10 recovery image for surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 recovery image for surface pro 3: hi, I would like to know if I download one windows 10 recovery image for surface pro 3 by using one surface pro serial number only can I install that recovery image on multiple surface pro 3 and activate windows using different serial number? because we have over 900...
  7. Surface 3 Laptop or Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface 3 Laptop or Surface Pro 7: So I am looking to upgrade my Surface pro 4 to either the Surface pro 7 or the Surface 3 laptop. Now I play Sims 4 on my pro 4 and was just wondering between the 3 laptop and pro 7 which would be better to play sims 4 on? I will also be using it for school work mostly but I...
  8. Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 - Automatic Repair Loop/Recovery

Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 - Automatic Repair Loop/Recovery: Not sure if I have this in the right forum/area. I have a Surface Pro 3, which after the last update started in the Automatic Repair loop. I have tried to reset/recover the surface, I have the BitLocker Key, but I then get prompted for a password. I have been using a PIN...
  9. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  10. Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3

Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3: Just upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10. Now I have no network connections. The wireless drivers and the docking station drivers are all there. I have tried uninstall and reinstall the drivers for both Marvell and Surface ethernet adapter and still nothing....