Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Registry HLOCALKey shows 10 PRO. HKLocalMachine shows Enterprise

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Registry HLOCALKey shows 10 PRO. HKLocalMachine shows Enterprise in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Andre DaCosta showed a workable solution for downgrading from one level Wincows 10 to another. He detailed Pro to Home. I needed this for another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidKorenberg, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro Registry HLOCALKey shows 10 PRO. HKLocalMachine shows Enterprise

Andre DaCosta showed a workable solution for downgrading from one level Wincows 10 to another. He detailed Pro to Home. I needed this for another person. Going through mine, I find 10 PRO in HLOCALKey and Enterprise in HKLocalMachine. Does this make a difference to functionality, etc. How can this happen?

Should I change it and do a reinstall or ? ? ?

I have no apparent functional issues that I am aware of.

Thanks

DOK48

David

:)

DavidKorenberg, Apr 17, 2020

2. Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro

Hello Mohamed,

Luckily, you can quickly downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro by just changing the product key to the one for Pro.

If you like, the tutorial below can show you step by step the procedure on how to do this.

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Shawn Brink, Apr 17, 2020
  3. How do I downgrade from windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

You might not be able to, but you can try the following:

• Open Registry Editor(WIN + R, type regedit, hit Enter)

• Browse to key HKEY_Local Machine > Software > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion

• Change EditionID
      to Pro (double click EditionID, change value, click OK). In your case it should at the moment show Enterprise

• Change ProductName
      to Windows 10
      Pro. In your case it should at the moment show
      Windows 10 Professional

• Browse to key HKEY_Local Machine > Software > Wow6432Node > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion, change the same two values
      as in steps 3 and 4 above

• Close the Registry Editor

• Insert the Windows 10
      Proinstallation media, do an in-place upgrade by launching the setup from desktop
      (not booting with Windows 10 Pro install media)

• When asked, enter your validWindows 10 Pro product key and
      select what to keep(settings, personal files and apps, only personal files or nothing)

• Windows 10 Pro in-place upgrade will be done now.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro Registry HLOCALKey shows 10 PRO. HKLocalMachine shows Enterprise

can i go back from windows 10 enterprise to pro

There is a possibility you might be able to.

• Open Registry Editor(WIN + R, type regedit, hit Enter)

• Browse to key HKEY_Local Machine > Software > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion

• Change EditionID
      to Pro (double click EditionID, change value, click OK). In your case it should at the moment show
      Enterprise

• Change ProductName
      to Windows 10
      Pro. In your case it should at the moment show
      Windows 10 Enterprise

• Browse to key HKEY_Local Machine > Software > Wow6432Node > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion, change the same two values
      as in steps 3 and 4 above

• Close the Registry Editor

• Insert the Windows 10
      Proinstallation media, do an in-place upgrade by launching the setup from desktop
      (not booting with Windows 10 Home install media)

• When asked, enter your validWindows 10
      Proproduct key and
      select what to keep(settings, personal files and apps, only personal files or nothing)

• Windows 10 Proin-place upgrade will be done now.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Registry HLOCALKey shows 10 PRO. HKLocalMachine shows Enterprise

1. Windows 10 Pro Registry HLOCALKey shows 10 PRO. HKLocalMachine shows Enterprise - Similar Threads - Pro Registry HLOCALKey

2. Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise: I built my own PC, originally installed Windows 10 Pro but my IT bf said that Enterprise is better. I already bought Pro license through Microsoft but I can't seem to find where can I buy to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise key? I've been reading it's mostly used by...
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise To Pro

Windows 10 Enterprise To Pro: I have a computer that has an un-activated Windows 10 Enterprise. Seeing that it is not activated can I use a valid purchased Windows 10 Pro key and it will be Pro? I don't want to have to reinstall it and an activated Enterprise is far too much for what this person needs it...
  4. purchased Windows 10 Pro but the system shows as Windows Enterprise

purchased Windows 10 Pro but the system shows as Windows Enterprise: Dears, Kindly assist me on this. I have purchased Windows 10 Pro from official Microsoft site in order to upgrade my Windows 10. However there were some error messages came and now my system profile shows as Windows Enterprise. What should I do ? I am unable to...
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro: I had Windows 10 Pro installed, however I recently had to fully reset my PC and this ended up installed Enterprise and not Professional. I can't activate my Windows because the wrong type was installed and I can't find my key because it was injected into my motherboard by the...
  6. Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise: Hi I just upgraded a licence from windows10 Home to pro by going through settings-activation settings-upgrade and it took me to Microsoft store after I bought and installed it setting show as windows10 enterprise and it show not activated how can I get the pro version I...
  7. Windows 10 Pro - windows sandbox shows unactivated Windows 10 Enterprise

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro - windows sandbox shows unactivated Windows 10 Enterprise: I thought windows sandbox was supposed to gives us a sandboxed version of the windows version we were running, but windows sandbox not only shows Windows 10 as being Enterprise, but it is unactivated. this is not so much a problem, except A. I don't have a license for Win10...
  8. Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise: I have a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home installed. I purchased the $99 Windows Pro Upgrade and installed it. It is now showing the version is Windows 10 Enterprise. I checked my receipt and it's Windows 10 Pro (not Enterprise). Now, Windows is saying that I...
  9. Windows 10 pro to Enterprise

Windows 10 pro to Enterprise: Hello I have windows 7 professional. I did the the free upgrade to windows 10. I have HD images of both, so can switch between them. Apparently this ifs fine but cannot run both at once. I am thinking of upgrading my windows 10 professional to enterprise. The reason is...
  10. Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise

Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise: How can upgrade from windows 10 Pro to Enterprise without reinstall Windows 10? 19714